Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    pangolin wrote:

Came to post this and found that, as usual, I've been beaten at the internetz. Got mine ordered though :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    spasypaddy wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    Asprilla - where is Ultegra Di2 available for £800?
    yes where!?!?

Sorry. It was an estimate because it you've got to put it in your basket as individual items. It's actually £900 on Wiggle and CRC, but that doesn't include crankset, cassette or brakes.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Asprilla wrote:
    Sections of my commute are unlit and this is usually enough.

I wouldn't rely on deal extreme for off road; bumping along moderate roads was usually enough to turn one of my torches off.

I found that with those cheap Tesco CREE torches, after literally a week of use they broke, they couldn't deal with the vibrations from road buzz and both developed bad connections. I bought a Fenix L2D which has worked fine for a couple of years or more. Much more expensive but much more solidly made...

I've also got a Fenix, the LD20(?). It was useless compared to the two DX torches I've been using for the past two years without fault. This is trail centre night riding too, not just on the roads. Admittedly it means lower mileage though.

You probably need to tighten up the switch mechanism on the inside of the cap of the torch, needlenose pliers are ideal because they fit into the little holes and let you turn it.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Asprilla wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Sorry. It was an estimate because it you've got to put it in your basket as individual items. It's actually £900 on Wiggle and CRC, but that doesn't include crankset, cassette or brakes.

ah - on that basis force is £350... electronic shifting remains a dream....
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    pangolin wrote:

Large in green ordered - thanks very much. Autumn weather, do your worst!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Yeah, last year I had a "800 lumen" torch from DX. It was probably nearer to 300 in truth, bright enough, but when I arrived at home, it had usually dipped to about 100. The heat-sinking on it was pretty poor. Add to that the round beam meaning that a good proportion of those lumens weren't on the road I would be surprised if I ever had more than 200 lumens doing what they were required.

I've got an order in for a dynamo hub and a B&M IQ Cyo front light. Not as many eye-watering lumens, but all of them pointing at the road. We'll see if I'm converted. German engineering, though, should at least last a while.

You probably will be, I have a supernova airstream and it is brilliant.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Gussio wrote:
    pangolin wrote:

Large in green ordered - thanks very much. Autumn weather, do your worst!

:roll:
    Autumn weather, ignore him.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Gussio
    Just looking ahead ;)
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    Assos Lightweight Intermediate Airblock Long Sleeve Cycle Jersey

Wiggle: £51.19 XL only - use £5 sub voucher to get it for £46.19. Perfect for October...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lightweight-int ... le-jersey/
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Origamist wrote:

Wiggle: £51.19 XL only - use £5 sub voucher to get it for £46.19. Perfect for October...

Does anyone know what TIR means.

You have XLG, xlarge obviously but TIR for XXXL. So what does that stand for?
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    suzyb wrote:
    Origamist wrote:

XLG is effectively XXL. TIR is XXXL. XLG and TIR are the same length in the body and arms, but TIR is wider (chest 118cm +).

http://assos.com/en/63/sizechart.aspx?prod=354
  • ads2k
    ads2k Posts: 135
    Origamist wrote:

thanks for the heads up, just ordered one :D , let's hope it fits....
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Origamist wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    Origamist wrote:

XLG is effectively XXL. TIR is XXXL. XLG and TIR are the same length in the body and arms, but TIR is wider (chest 118cm +).

http://assos.com/en/63/sizechart.aspx?prod=354
    Yeah I know. I just wondered what it was an acronym (correct word?) for.

Although now I've realized I may be talking rubbish.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Rapha are offering a further 30% off their sale jerseys if you put in the code 'JERSEY11' at the checkout. Makes the country jerseys £49.00 and the club jerseys £45.50. I believe they were £40.00 in the sample sale?

Still need to spend £100.00 to qualify for free delivery, but that's pre-discount so you could get two jerseys sent out for free. I'm seriously tempted but I've told myself I have to be good for a while...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    lastant wrote:
    Rapha are offering a further 30% off their sale jerseys if you put in the code 'JERSEY11' at the checkout.

Damn - hard to resist. Annoyingly the Brevet Jersey& other current ones are excluded.

Have put my discounted Smart lights from Planet -X on my bike; if only they produced the pictured rocket effect...

3irOB.jpg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Thanks for the Rapha tip I finally threw away a jersey this evening because the arms are too tight, damn you skinny no upper bodied cyclist.

Now replaced with a black country jersey 8) just have to bring myself to actual wear this stuff on the commute now :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    DrLex wrote:
    lastant wrote:
    Rapha are offering a further 30% off their sale jerseys if you put in the code 'JERSEY11' at the checkout.

Damn - hard to resist. Annoyingly the Brevet Jersey& other current ones are excluded.

Have put my discounted Smart lights from Planet -X on my bike; if only they produced the pictured rocket effect...

3irOB.jpg

tsk tsk tsk

nice bike but a clear breach of the ruleZZZZ MTB rear mud guard :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    itboffin wrote:
    Thanks for the Rapha tip I finally threw away a jersey this evening because the arms are too tight, damn you skinny no upper bodied cyclist.

Now replaced with a black country jersey 8) just have to bring myself to actual wear this stuff on the commute now :?

What happened to the other 15 jerseys you were complaining about owning?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    itboffin wrote:

tsk tsk tsk

nice bike but a clear breach of the ruleZZZZ MTB rear mud guard :roll:

Understood; but my love of a dry backside makes me a scofflaw. Might look at race blades in time, but reviews indicate they'll be a faff to fit on that frame, plus I had that 'guard spare. (I agree that it spoils the look, though.)
  • itboffin
    @dhope sssssh now
  • asprilla
    Got my black Rapha country jersey the other day. Got to say that the Torm ones are better and they are on £45 full price.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Wiggle are doing Castelli Aero Race (Best Jerseys EVER) for 45 notes . .. :)

If I didn’t have three already I would have bought more than one.
  • asprilla
    Planet X have 2011 Prolight helmets for £79.99 down from £149.99
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    https://tickets.redspottedhanky.com/rsh ... /register#

Follow this and sign up to get £10 credit on your account for no minimum spend

Only first 10,000 accounts, has been on MSE aswell so the site is really struggling.

It's like trainline btw
    FCN: 6
  • Gussio
    Mavic 3/4 length bibs £52 (down from £104) in Cycle Surgery Victoria branch. Lots of othe choice morsels, including Chris King headsets for £80. Luckily didn't have a credit card with me.

The £9,000 Dogma in the window is not a bargain and, frustratingly, it is locked down.
  • dhope
    Gussio wrote:
    Mavic 3/4 length bibs £52 (down from £104) in Cycle Surgery Victoria branch. Lots of othe choice morsels, including Chris King headsets for £80. Luckily didn't have a credit card with me.

The £9,000 Dogma in the window is not a bargain and, frustratingly, it is locked down.
    Should have 'visited' a week ago, the Dogma could have been up for grabs
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Arghyrou
    Arghyrou Posts: 155
    Planet X daily deal-
    Schwalbe Blizzard Sport Folding Tyre
    £6.99 instead of £22

Any colour and great for some winter trainers!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Gussio wrote:

Whats the fit like on Mavic Bibs, Gussio?
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    notsoblue wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Whats the fit like on Mavic Bibs, Gussio?

"like wearing nothing at all!" *Ned Flanders vision*
    <a>road</a>
  • Ordered some blizzards