Its Sept 1st. Lets play musical chairs.

Comments

• And an "enforcer" ;)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Lequatre to the Shack
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Lequatre to the Shack

Saw that was in L'Equipe today :(
  • They have l'Equipe on a Sunday? Wtf, no where was open in France on a Sunday to buy it
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Ivan Rovny to the Shack as well. You know things are getting desperate when you're forced to pick up Katusha rejects.

Unless Bruyneel specifically wanted a rider to go on pointless 150 km breakaways in the Giro... you never know.
  • Daniel Moreno Fernandez of Caisse D'Epargne to Team Sky. Does anyone know anything about this guy?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    kickerbri wrote:
    Daniel Moreno Fernandez of Caisse D'Epargne to Team Sky. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

He came 11th in the Vuelta this year and 2nd in the Tour of Poland - so a good rider. He's 28.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Paulo Tiralongo might be signing for Garmin and JV also interested in Rujano.
  • They have l'Equipe on a Sunday?

Indeed, seven days a week.
  • iainf72
    Calzati to Sky.
  • Chosen over Astana... Presumably he realised that once you choose the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    The token Frenchman to please ASO? Still, he's been a very good attacking rider in the past but struggled after getting Epstein-Barr and Glandular Fever.

As for Astana, will Contador have enough riders? Rast, Popo, Kloedi and Zubeldia have apparently moved into Armstrong's shanty town, breaking their two year deal with the Kazakh outfit. On the one hand there's a moral justice to this, anything linked to Vino turns to trouble but at the same time how happy will the UCI be to see contracts treated like toilet paper across other teams? Will it inspire Fedrigo or Wiggins to walk away?
  • Is Simoni going back to Lampre, or not?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Former U23 World TT champion to Skil-Shimano:
    http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... eldraeyers
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    Will it inspire Fedrigo or Wiggins to walk away?

Aside from money, why would he? If he wanted a better team, perhaps but Sky have a medicore at best team for Grand Tours.
  • Kléber wrote:
    As for Astana, will Contador have enough riders? Rast, Popo, Kloedi and Zubeldia have apparently moved into Armstrong's shanty town, breaking their two year deal with the Kazakh outfit. On the one hand there's a moral justice to this, anything linked to Vino turns to trouble but at the same time how happy will the UCI be to see contracts treated like toilet paper across other teams? Will it inspire Fedrigo or Wiggins to walk away?

Astana have not signed up anyone apart from Vino. They appear to be an a very precarious position at the moment, with regards to the licence, finances, sponsors, and the smash and grab raid being undertaken by the Shackers.
    They may not last 2009, let alone 2010.
    Not sure if that means that Contador can then sue Astana for breach of contract?
  • Kléber
    The French Saur-Sojasun team are rumoured to be using American Delta-7 frames next year. But the frame needs UCI approval.

delta-7-ascend-bike_SHNNF_59.jpg

Yes, the tubing has holes in it.

InterbikeDay3-056.jpg
  • I saw those at the Tour in Bourg St. Maurice this year, the guy was wandering up and down the road with one letting anyone who wanted to have a look. They look absolutely stunning and weigh nothing. He reckons they're as strong a standard frame too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Kléber wrote:
    The French Saur-Sojasun team are rumoured to be using American Delta-7 frames next year. But the frame needs UCI approval.

delta-7-ascend-bike_SHNNF_59.jpg

Yes, the tubing has holes in it.

InterbikeDay3-056.jpg

Is it just me or would that just be like riding with a parachute? I thought that was why people stopped drilling holes in their steel and aluminium steeds?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Kléber
    The road frame weighs about a kilo and it's very stiff. So it's competitive. But as said, the holes in it make it a lot less aero and... imagine cleaning it :lol:
  • Kléber
    Is Simoni going back to Lampre, or not?
    He could team up with Cunego again...

desktopl11024x768.jpg

:shock:
  • Kléber
    Sean Yates to Sky as DS. Explains why he's not going to RadioShanty.
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:

I mean, seriously

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Shush, Iain, SHUSH, or you'll set MG off again.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

I mean, seriously

Ditto. WTF?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Aside from his dubious associations, he's an idiot.

What is Sky doing?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Timoid. wrote:
    Aside from his dubious associations, he's an idiot.

What is Sky doing?

:lol::lol: Can anyone actually understand a word he says?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Sean Yates is a poor soul now, but why on earth Sky are employing him is beyond me as well.