Its Sept 1st. Lets play musical chairs.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Heh heh, Matt Goss. Always makes me chuckle...

_46206235_bros466_bbc.jpg
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Apart from (potentially) Martin, no GT GC hopes at all, and crap all for hilly classics. Eisel might do something around Flanders fields, as will Cav I guess.

Happy being a one trick team then.

Strava is not Zen.
  • They're becoming the team Milram never were
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    High Horse for next year

Only 2 riders aged 30 or over. Wow.

As Calv says, no GC riders whatsoever.
  • Stapleton explains his strategy here:

http://www.velonews.com/article/97553

“We’re focused on maximizing our sprint resources. “On the GC side, we’re securing younger talent. There’s a lot of latent talent here, but no one is going to beat Contador any time soon, I think the whole sport will be challenged there. We’ll continue to do what we do best, and be a very good sprint team that can also race aggressively and opportunistically.”
  • afx237vi wrote:

What about Mick Rogers? :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

What about Mick Rogers? :wink:

As Calv says, no GC riders whatsoever. :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The thing with High Horse, is how can they expect American fans to consider them American when they've got no big US names on there?

Cuddly Bob got all uppity when someone said 'mericans have taken more to Garmin than to Columbia / HTC.

Also, did anyone else notice Pinotti is on there, so not Sky bound.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Stapleton's bang on the money.
    Unless he were to sign Contador,he's best focusing on the sprint wins,& trying to bring on a young overall contendor for the future.
    One team isn't able to challenge for the Stage victories (sprints) & overall,The team would be on their knees after the first flat week,chasing down breaks,then when the mountains come,they can't take a back seat.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Big Bob's shown himself for the businessman he is, which is no bad thing, he's thinking about where his bread is buttered, but in a sporting sense it's sad that he's saying "Well Contador's gonna win anyway so there's no point in bothering"

It's similar to small football clubs saying "Well Man Yoo are gonna win the FA Cup this year so we'll try for something else"
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Are Peter and Martin Velitis identical twins, BTW?

I am most DEFINITELY NOT SUGGESTING anything, but doesn't having an identical twin cause problems as regards the anti-doping agencies, what with having the same DNA ?

(thinks- no, probably having an identical twin who wasn't an elite athlete would lead to potential........oh, shut it Tusher, you're havering.)

Much as I love Cav to bits, and I would probably do the same if I was Uncle Bob, but if I was on the board of Columbia or the phone-people-I've-never-heard-of-before, I'd be very worried that Columbia were putting all their eggs in one Manx basket.

What if he breaks his legs?

What if he comes down with a debilitating virus for months?

What if he's kidnapped?

Where would Columbia be then?
  • Tusher wrote:
    What if he's kidnapped?

Are you trying to tell us something? Are there plans afoot?
  • Tusher
    Tusher wrote:
    What if he's kidnapped?

Are you trying to tell us something? Are there plans afoot?

Wot? Moi??? Pure as the driven snow little
    moi?

Sigh.

As long as he stays clear of Skye (island) and the Hebrides in general (I have a boat and I know how to use it), he's safe.

Although I would imagine that after a week in the manse, Stockholm Syndrome would set in. I would cook wonderful meals for him, and bake morning, noon and night- he'd put on a stone in the first week. Shortly afterwards, he would forego riding his bicycle anywhere other than to the local shop to collect my messages,and help me make jam for the Guild Sale of Work. And be delighted to spend his Saturday nights helping me prepare the Sunday School lesson. And my massages would be the best he's ever known.

Sigh.

Why do we 40-almost-50 something women- in our prime, I'll have you know- have to be (mostly) married to 40-almost-50 something men- who are completely past it.

Sigh.
  • calvjones
    :shock:

Is anyone else getting a dose of the James Caan in Misery scenario here?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Tusher
    In fact, Tyler Farrar and Tom Boonen would probably pay me to keep him.
  • Tusher
    Mr Jones, I'll have you know that I had to google that to find out what you were talking about. The things I learn on this forum.

I may be a nurse in a remote area, but you are comparing me to Kathy Bates?? KATHY RUDDY BATES??!?

Sob.

I'm away to find out if the Missouri result is out yet, make some chocolate chip cookies, and eat them whilst nattering on the phone to my cycling fan girl friend about the standard of beefcake presently riding around Spain. (Sadly, she has little taste and harbours her own indecent plans for Andy Schleck that involve..............well, it's a family messageboard.)
  • afx237vi
    OK, I just went on Google Image Search to look for a Kathy Bates avatar for Tusher to use and... oh god... I have SafeSearch turned off and... oh... my eyes. Some things you can't ever unsee. Does anyone have any bleach? :x
  • Tusher
    Bottles and bottles of it, afx237vi. (I have to use it secretly because it kills the septic tank, but anyway).

How much do you want?

• That's what you get for turning SafeSearch off, you filthy boy!

P.S. Tusher, can I borrow the bleach after afx? ;)
  • Tusher
    There's a queue, TTHR, you'll have to wait your turn.

(Soon to be ex) hubby has just said Kathy Ruddy Bates is better looking than I am first thing in the morning. He shall regret this.( I am unsure whether or not safesearch was on or off when he checked.)

Actually, I am unsure what safesearch is.

And to get back to the Velits twins, I have researched this and don't think they are identical after all.

Friend and I have rated the one on the left as 6/10 and the taller one as 7/10
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tusher, take a sledgehammer to his ankles for suggesting such a thing.
  • Tusher
    Napoleon, you are v-e-r-y wicked.

A sledgehammer would be too kind for him.
    This morning, he rolled over in bed, tickled me under the chin and CALLED ME THE CAT'S NAME.

And now this.

I am biding my time. I need a new fishing rod- one more slip of his tongue, and I reckon he'll have to buy it for me. Guilt, y'see. Works every time.
  • Tusher
    Bah! That woman clearly has time to comb her hair. The hussy.

I can now toddle off with the cat to my little wooden bed knowing that Cav has won in Missouri after sprinting past the Norwegian, who had a better lead out train (according to cyclingnews).

Husband's sleeping on the sofa.

Sweet dreams everyone.
  • Topically (well, in terms of this off topic transfer talk), the storyline on Waking The Dead tonight was about two identical twins, one of whom's DNA was found at a crime scene in 1967 and attributed to the other one at a crime scene in 2009.

Neither twin knew about the other though, they were separated as toddlers.
  • calvjones
    Topically (well, in terms of this off topic transfer talk), the storyline on Waking The Dead tonight was about two identical twins, one of whom's DNA was found at a crime scene in 1967 and attributed to the other one at a crime scene in 2009.

Waaayyy off topic, but why would they need to be twins at all? Surely all siblings get DNA from the same 2 people, so its the same; or does it somehow differ between eggs?

Geneticist in the house?

Strava is not Zen.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    calvjones wrote:
    Topically (well, in terms of this off topic transfer talk), the storyline on Waking The Dead tonight was about two identical twins, one of whom's DNA was found at a crime scene in 1967 and attributed to the other one at a crime scene in 2009.

Waaayyy off topic, but why would they need to be twins at all? Surely all siblings get DNA from the same 2 people, so its the same; or does it somehow differ between eggs?

Geneticist in the house?

Different combinations from two parents, you can tell siblings from familial markers(?) but identical twins have the same DNA because one embrio splits and forms two peeps instead of one.

Note - all of this is learned from CSI so may not be entirely accurate!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Identical twins: Very very similar DNA, but not identical:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23276953/
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Team Sky to be announced today apparently.

Is CSI Miami on tomorrow ?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    cougie wrote:
    Team Sky to be announced today apparently.

Is CSI Miami on tomorrow ?

It's on tonight but repeated on FiveUS tomoro. :)