Its Sept 1st. Lets play musical chairs.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pokerface wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Cav is going to Sky.

YOu know you can't say things like that. Especially when it's SOOOOO untrue!

Oops! Forgot to put the e on Skye, he's going there for his holidays apparently.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Cav is going to Sky.

Oops! Forgot to put the e on Skye, he's going there for his holidays apparently.

I thought he was going to use SKYpe from now on?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    iainf72 wrote:
    Haussler renewed with Cervelo until 2012

That's good news - he's one of my fave riders and he's had a really good year with them - hope it continues.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Cav is going to Sky.
    Why, has been unhappy with Freeview? :wink:
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Sky interview at midday - "Bid day for the Olympic team - tune in at 12 to see our big interview."

how exciting...personally as a Garmin fan i hope Wiggins isnt there!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If it IS a big interview - who else could it be ?

Unless Sir Chris Hoy is being set up as their sprinter.....

;-)
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Cav is going to Sky.

:lol:

I would love to have heard Cav suggest that (i.e. as a holiday destination) in a spoken interview to wind up the media during the summer months. After cycling one-legged past Cippo it's not entirely unlikely.
  • jim one wrote:
    I saw an interesting list of team budgets earlier in the year and Columbia had I think the highest budget after Astana ($20million) and Katusha ($18million) at around $15million. Even that doesn't seem enough the way all the riders are jumping ship!!

But have you seen next year's budget? Maybe it's not so cushy.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Sonny73 wrote:

The London routes for races are always notoriously crap. The Kellogs use to race around whitehall in a big loop, now the ToB goes in two straight lines, up and down the embankment. Its shocking and really insulting.

yes i know shutting down half a city would be a nightmare, but they do it for the marathon. They could def make a great circuit in the city, although saying all this, i'm sure the riders would protest at the sorry state of the deathtrap roads.

I say take it out into the countryside!
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    jim one wrote:
    I saw an interesting list of team budgets earlier in the year and Columbia had I think the highest budget after Astana ($20million) and Katusha ($18million) at around $15million. Even that doesn't seem enough the way all the riders are jumping ship!!

But have you seen next year's budget? Maybe it's not so cushy.

No, but they did sign HTC as a co-sponsor that should have brought in a fair amount of extra cash i'd have thought.
  • the Sky news 'big' interviewee is...........................

Gordon Brown

so is he a climber, domestique, team leader, soigneur?
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    the Sky news 'big' interviewee is...........................

Gordon Brown

yeh i just noticed lol very disapointing, i dont see him as a gc contender, i think he will struggle to maintain the role as leader
  • deal wrote:
    the Sky news 'big' interviewee is...........................

Gordon Brown

yeh i just noticed lol very disapointing, i dont see him as a gc contender, i think he will struggle to maintain the role as leader

He seemed so promising in the early stages of his career. Unfortunately he's struggled to fill the shoes of his former team leader.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • the Sky news 'big' interviewee is ......

Gordon Brown

The Sky News Olympic twitterers never once mentioned the interview they had planned had anything to do with cycling. People were just getting a bit giddy over on veloriders.

Anyway, in related news Scott Sunderland has posted this today:

"Back-office crew hard at work on Team Sky press releases; your patience won't be tested for much longer..."
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Moomaloid wrote:

+1 I 100% agree with that.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:

The London routes for races are always notoriously crap. The Kellogs use to race around whitehall in a big loop, now the ToB goes in two straight lines, up and down the embankment. Its shocking and really insulting.

yes i know shutting down half a city would be a nightmare, but they do it for the marathon. They could def make a great circuit in the city, although saying all this, i'm sure the riders would protest at the sorry state of the deathtrap roads.

Wouldn't it be great to, for once, make use of the unique ocassion of the Olympics to close off the city on a weekend day for cycling so people can realize it isn't so bad after all and just like the marathon. An opportunity like that will never come again. You can have races in the countryside anytime.
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Horner has signed for the Shack according to Brunyeel's twitter. No great surprise.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ben Hermans to the Shack.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    BdeB wrote:
    Horner has signed for the Shack according to Brunyeel's twitter. No great surprise.

I read that as Homer - Mmmmmmm Donuts......
  • Not sure Kloden's contract has run out with Astana, I thought it did this year. Someone might correct me on that.
    Lance is keen to sign him up for The Shack, but it hasn't happened yet? I am just wondering if Lance and Contador are fighting over him. If Contador has put himself into a good bargaining position with the Kazakh's. He may demand Klodi stays, for his own benefit, and maybe 'p' off LA.
    Just a thought...........
  • Can someone finish this sentence with confidence for me?

"In 2010 Alberto Contador will irde for........" because I've no idea.
  • Team SKY announcements middle of next week according to:

http://twitter.com/triplesmc

(And he should know!)
  • Adam Blythe has signed a two year deal with Silence-Lotto.
  • iainf72
    Can someone finish this sentence with confidence for me?

No. But it looks like it'll be one of these 4

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/a ... fers-23080

This months Cycle Sport muse over the idea that Sky might by Wiggins out of his Garmin contract and that money could be used to finance Alberto. And Garmin has also brought POM on board in the last few days so might have more money to throw around.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Can someone finish this sentence with confidence for me?

No. But it looks like it'll be one of these 4

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/a ... fers-23080

It'll be Caisse d'Epargne - it's been rumoured for a while, I can't see him staying at Astana, and I'm not sure he'll fit in at Quick Step because he can go up hills or at Garmin.

Andy
  • iainf72
    It'll be Caisse or Garmin if he gets out of his Astana contract.

Caisse ain't got the cash at the moment though.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    Ace journalist Lionel Birnie p

you serious ?

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Cheers for the linky. There were rumours about Caisse and Garmin when Astana were in money troubles weren't there, so I think it will be one of those two.

I can't see him staying at Astana because there's no guarantee they'll get into the Tour, especially with Vino on board.

Caisse is the obvious choice with it being Spanish, but he's managed OK in English speaking team(s) for three years now, and Garmin are building a very strong grand tour team, with the likes of Kessiakoff and Van Summeren coming in this year.
  • iainf72
    High Horse for next year

Michael Albasini, 28, Switzerland
    Lars Bak, 29, Denmark
    Mark Cavendish, 24, UK
    Gert Dockx, 21, Belgium
    Bernhard Eisel, 28, Austria
    Jan Ghyselinck, 20, Belgium
    Matt Goss, 23, Australia
    Bert Grabsch, 34, Germany
    André Greipel, 27, Germany
    Rasmus Guldhammer, 20, Denmark
    Patrick Gretsch, 22, Germany
    Leigh Howard, 20, Australia
    Adam Hansen, 28, Australia
    Craig Lewis, 23, USA
    Tony Martin, 24, Germany
    Maxime Monfort, 26, Belgium
    Marco Pinotti, 33, Italy
    Frantisek Rabon, 25, Czech Republic
    Mark Renshaw, 26, Australia
    Vicente Reynes, 28, Spain
    Hayden Roulston, 27, New Zealand
    Michael Rogers, 29, Australia
    Marcel Sieberg, 27, Germany
    Kanstantsin Sivtsov, 27, Belarus
    Tejay Van Garderen, 21, USA
    Martin Velits, 24, Slovakia
    Peter Velits, 24, Slovakia