New Crud Road Bike Specific Mudguards

18910111214»

Comments

• scoobers
    scoobers Posts: 364
    boondog wrote:
    Hi scoobers, I had this on my px. Fixed it by moving the connectors on the front forks up slightly. If the noise comes back, a slight pull upwards on the connector arms clears it again.

Thanks, I'd moved it up a bit but obviously not enough!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Noticed a couple of weeks ago that there's a new version of the cruds available. Longer guards and the rear flares out to cover the ftont mech and transmision.

Thread over on the road side:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12718891
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've got a pair of the mk2s in the garage now, just didn't get round to fitting them today. Supposed to rain on Tuesday so I'll fit them tomorrow.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Avoneer
    Avoneer Posts: 525
    Not seen the new ones yet, but my original set are still going strong and still look good!

Pat...
    "Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Likewise, original set still working fine after about 500 miles, but will probably get a set of the new ones for more coverage.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I will I think buy the new version as my roadracers have become a Trigger's broom!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Oooh they do look rather swish. I still want a version for 26 inch wheels though.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Some pics and thoughts on the new ones here -

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12718891
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Necro Thread!!!!

Still having problems with MK2 on a Kiron Scandum now sporting 23's! Nose of the rear tail piece digging in and had to shorten the drivetrain protector massively. Have got the cable loose to try (even cut it off) and will be riding tomorrow for 75 miles with a rubbing guard set :(
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I will run without them while it's dry and refit only on wet days, I am running 25's though and it only catches a bit on an alu trek usps frame