• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    my route is still better :P
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    jay12 wrote:
    my route is still better :P
    :lol:

Still, those maps are a lot more detailed than the ones that the visitor centre charges £2 for...which are useless :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    This is alright from the AA, but again, it only shows forest roads, and the cycle trail it maps only uses forest roads - no trail.

North_West_MapCycle_10.gif

Most of the forest tracks have strands of trail branching off them, one which i liked the look of a lot - we'll have to check that out for sure..

This article is quite good, though well out of date :roll:
    http://www.cycle1st.co.uk/delamere.htm
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    Just for the forgetful *cough jay12 cough* :lol:

The ride is planned for Tuesday 1st of September - be there or be elsewhere!
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Just for the forgetful *cough jay12 cough* :lol:

The ride is planned for Tuesday 1st of September - be there or be elsewhere!
    o-0

so who is defenintly going?
  • Whytepeak
    In theory, compo, jamazin, and StealTheR, Jay12, and Whytepeak :wink:

Thats a lot of bikes on the train though :lol:
  • jay12
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    cool, sounds good

It will be good to have a line of riders instead of riding alone :roll:

Kudos to Jamazin for starting this thread :D

There is a bit of singletrack branching off the forest road that I want to check out too, so that bit of singletrack plus the 4x technique lessons :roll: are my contributions to the day :lol:
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    cool, sounds good

It will be good to have a line of riders instead of riding alone :roll:

Kudos to Jamazin for starting this thread :D

There is a bit of singletrack branching off the forest road that I want to check out too, so that bit of singletrack plus the 4x technique lessons :roll: are my contributions to the day :lol:
    and to me for suggesting delamere. lets check out the singletrack should be good as well
  • Whytepeak
    Delamere is a fun place to ride - well done jay12 :lol:

It'll be great fun to have another go on that 4x track :lol:
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    I'm still limping and my arm is still in pain...

Hoping I should be alright though.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    I'm still limping and my arm is still in pain...

Hoping I should be alright though.

Geez, though you were better.

Hope you are alright for tuesday.

Have you checked your bike over (make sure nothing is broken) or out of place?
  • StealTheR
    The bikes fine, just the little cap on the end of my grip has popped out, can't find it anywhere.

But yeah I'm still limping a bit. I might just go on a 10 minute ride see how I feel.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    The bikes fine, just the little cap on the end of my grip has popped out, can't find it anywhere.

But yeah I'm still limping a bit. I might just go on a 10 minute ride see how I feel.

Hopefully you will feel better on the bike than off (it can happen) .

The cap of the end of your bars is gone - think it is my coat pocket. :lol: You don't need it, though you might need some pliers when you come to get the grips off...
  • StealTheR
    edited August 2009
    Just went out, I can ride the bike better than I can walk.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Just went out, I can ride the biker better than I can walk.

Great :D - though so.

We won't ride that quickly anywat - the 4x track is fun, nowt hard.

That said, I don't know what jay12 has planned :wink:
  • StealTheR
    Yeah fair enough, I'm gonna take it easy though when we do go.

Because when I stop and just stand up thats when it hurts.
  • Whytepeak
    We had best keep riding then :D

I'll get back to you all with train times tomorrow. - this takes planning.
  • Whytepeak
    The weather report for tuesday looks, ..................interesting. :lol:

So bring your waterproofs... :)

We souild get some sun - hope the 4x track will be rideable, but almost all the jumps will be, it may be comically slippy on 'Peaty's downhill' :lol:
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    count me in

this is what is going on then right?

me, whytepeak and stealther get the train inot manchester from Daisy hill (0901),Walkden and swinton respectively

we ride acroos to picadilly station and meet jamazin then get the 1017 to delamere

we meet jay12 there

we ride

we come back when we want

Is that correct??
  • jay12
    compo wrote:
    count me in

this is what is going on then right?

me, whytepeak and stealther get the train inot manchester from Daisy hill (0901),Walkden and swinton respectively

we ride acroos to picadilly station and meet jamazin then get the 1017 to delamere

we meet jay12 there

we ride

we come back when we want

Is that correct??
    not exactly.(it's going to be a bit later) i will be at greenbank station at 11:17. i will get on the same train with you. we will be at delamere at 11:26. you go home when you want but i will have to be at the station at before 4:20 to go back home. you will need packed lunch and wetrproofs as it's going to most probably rain. more info when whytepeak is online
  • compo
    right so what I sed then leaving daisy hill at 0901 and manchester picadilly at 1017

the train back from delamere is xx26 so there is a train at around 4.20 for you
  • jay12
    oh sorry i thought it took your train alot quicker
  • Whytepeak
    Just got back from wales = :D the Cli-machx trail decent is the longest in wales = :D Absolute blast.

Anyway, delamere,
    compo

You got it spot on with your post. :)

We'll meet jay12 on the train,

And bring a lot to drink - even if it is raining.

I'll bring some bungee cords to make things more stable on the train, last time - forget abou' it.
  • jay12
  • Whytepeak
    Don't know - he hasn't been on the radar since he was in the US.

I hope he does, but he may not even know about it...
  • Whytepeak
    Weather looks good, bike is in fine working order. Tomorrow may be quite a day :D

Everyone seems to be coming, so that is great :D
  • compo
    will bring string/locks for trains - amny miscreants around these parts!

jay12
    it takes 1/2 hour - 40 mins fror me into manc bt then we have to cross from victoria-picadilly so + 30mins nad then extra time to make sure everyones there
  • compo
    Whytepeak wrote:
    In theory, compo, jamazin, and StealTheR, Jay12, and Whytepeak

no stealther - just texted and he's still injured - get well soon mate :)

Its down to 4 - exactly doublre the amount of bikes officially allowed on a train :lol: :P :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    Just been on the blower to Jaz - no answer :(

It may well be down to 3