Olivia.....yes.............yes
    Lewis......yes.............yes
    Lindsey....poss..........perfect
    Ian........yes.............yes
    Mark #2....yes.............yes

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Why are you Mark #2? Where's Mark #1?

I'm just asking (before I get shouted down!), but if we can't fill up all the spaces, what about partners coming along? Or would it be best as SCR only?

My bf doesn't ride, but I expect he'd love to come along and go for some runs. I won't invite him yet, but would people be in favour of bringing partners along?
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Jen J wrote:

I'm just asking (before I get shouted down!), but if we can't fill up all the spaces, what about partners coming along? Or would it be best as SCR only?

My bf doesn't ride, but I expect he'd love to come along and go for some runs. I won't invite him yet, but would people be in favour of bringing partners along?

I have no probs with this at all, the lodge sleeps 20 after all!

However, there are 2 staff bunkrooms, one is ensuite. I'd suggest that a couple take one of those on a first come first served basis, I quite fancy the other for myself (organisers perk :lol: ) and also 'cos I don't want to keep anyone awake with my snoring - I'm told I snore after long rides :oops:
  • Jen J
    Jen J wrote:

I have no probs with this at all, the lodge sleeps 20 after all!

However, there are 2 staff bunkrooms, one is ensuite. I'd suggest that a couple take one of those on a first come first served basis, I quite fancy the other for myself (organisers perk :lol: ) and also 'cos I don't want to keep anyone awake with my snoring - I'm told I snore after long rides :oops:

Cool :D I'll pencil myself into one of the staff rooms, and you for the other.

Unless of course other people are strongly against partners coming along? It is an SCR trip, so if some SCRs don't want partners along, I'll comply with that.
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Well, your partner has met some of us so he's not a noob exactly. Also, get him to register here, ask some question about which lights are right and he'll fit right in :)
  • Jen J
    biondino wrote:
    Well, your partner has met some of us so he's not a noob exactly. Also, get him to register here, ask some question about which lights are right and he'll fit right in :)

Apart from him being adamant that he'll never get on a bike... :shock:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    maybe you could try doodle?

http://www.doodle.com

Which month are you talking about btw as a long weekend is doable
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    21 to 25 August. 4 nights.
  • il_principe
    Bump.
    Name.......14 - 18th.......21 - 25 
    James......yes.............yes
    Jen........no..............yes

I have 6 definite "Yes'" for the 21 to 25 August (4 nights). I need one more DEFINITE yes before I book: http://www.joeslodge.co.uk/

At this point the cost will be £114.29 each. The more that book, the cheaper the price becomes.

I am on holiday next week and would like to have confirmed a booking by Friday at the latest, so people, if you are interested please decide ASAP. We can (and I hope will) add more people at a later date, but for now I really need at least 1 or 2 more people to commit before I'm willing to secure the booking.

Cheers all.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'll have to go down as a maybe.

It'll be a late decision for me as the TV and Laptop decided to give up the ghost at the weekend and the boiler's just started making funny noises :? :? I always said my ex was an old witch but this is ridiculous :evil: :evil:

And if I can make it it would be the 21-25, I can't do the 14-18th
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    Name.......14 - 18th.......21 - 25 
    James......yes.............yes
    Jen........no..............yes

Right, the above 7, + Attica have all confirmed for the 21 - 25 August (Friday arvo till Tuesday lunchtime). I'll be booking the lodge tomorrow, the cost currently stands at £100 each (£25 a night!).

Dates are closed, but the lodge will take a good few more so please drop me a PM if you are interested - it'd be good to get a few more people involved.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    i'll see if i can get enought brownie points and to come, with luck i should at very worse beable to pop over, but just see what happens on the job front....
  • il_principe
    I know we've discussed this before, but It'd be amusing to have a kit made up for Wales... just cobbled this together:

3545553161_999253375d_o.jpg

The text simply indicates where logos of our design could go. :lol:

http://www.designcreator.eu/cycling/en
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Oh yeah like everyones going to get their respective FCN slaughtered wearing them :wink:

Those of us who hide behind our lowly FCN (while secretly wanting one) would never wear it due to the HUGE target we would paint on our back :D

It IS funky though.... damn' you! :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Rich158
    The colours and design don't match a certain Prince by any chance do they :wink:

I quite like it with the text, and the logo should be the crest from the Morpeth on the left chest
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    Rich158 wrote:
    The colours and design don't match a certain Prince by any chance do they :wink:

I quite like it with the text, and the logo should be the crest from the Morpeth on the left chest

I added the blue to people who don't get the whole red/white/black thing! :shock: Tried orange for LiT's Viner but Bleurgh. :lol:
  • Jen J
    Rich158 wrote:

I added the blue to people who don't get the whole red/white/black thing! :shock: Tried orange for LiT's Viner but Bleurgh. :lol:

You just wanted it to match my Trek...aw bless.... :P
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Rich158
    I seem to remember someone finding some blue on the Prince a couple of weeks ago :shock: so don't try and hide it :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    edited May 2009
    dammit, i've literally only just seen this thread, having been offline for a few days... is it too late to throw a hat (helmet) in the ring?

ok, just read back through some of the history – i'm very tempted. let me work out a) dates and b) cash...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • il_principe
    patchy wrote:
    dammit, i've literally only just seen this thread, having been offline for a few days... is it too late to throw a hat (helmet) in the ring?

Not at all. Dates are set - 21 to 25 Aug, 4 nights. There are plenty of spaces available, and the cost should you attend would drop to £88 each.
  • il_principe
    This is Talgarth, where we're staying, look at them hills!

Talgarthnew2.jpg
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Rich158 wrote:

You could just go for black and white... that way it matches most!

NOTE: I can't see the picture because of my net nanny. If that's what you've done, apologies!
  • Jen J
    You could just go for black and white... that way it matches most!

NOTE: I can't see the picture because of my net nanny. If that's what you've done, apologies!

It is black and white.

With a bit of red and blue...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Jash, I'll ride in the foreground of that pic if that's okay :)

I second the black and white look. Or luminous lime green, purple and silver with yellow accents? Either's good.
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    Or luminous lime green, purple and silver with yellow accents? Either's good.

The Power Ranger look eh?

power_rangers_9.jpg
  • Jen J
    biondino wrote:
    Or luminous lime green, purple and silver with yellow accents? Either's good.

The Power Ranger look eh?

I thought he meant teletubbies.
    Madone

It's all about me...