SCR Trip See Page 1 for details

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm going to stick my neck out.

I think James should plan out the (his) holiday, arrangements, location, route and level he would like to ride to.

Propose them and then if it is for me I'll will try to make it. If not maybe next year.

I think it's gonna be pretty hard to accomodate 13 other peoples expectations. (140miles and 12000ft or 100miles and 8000ft of climbing at a social ride = not for me).

DDD don't take the 140 mile route seriously!

The point is that with a good number we can be flexible anyway... people can ride 30, 40, 70 or what ever miles, we can re route or create several routes to keep everyone happy. The first route I've listed should be very doable, I've done most of it before and it's fantastic I promise!

Cool. It's your baby so plan away.

My making it depends on my ability to commit to a holiday with the GF (its the only way she'll agree), the bike holiday doesn't clash with that holiday or any other and the route is doable by myself - though the flexibility is graciously noted...

I am up for it though. Love to go.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Rich158 wrote:
    I don't see the problem with having a few social rides with the whole group, and having one day when the nutters can go off and do something more stupid/challenging.

I certainly wasn't sugesting everyone should do a 140 miles ride, but if I'm in the area I'd certainly want to test myself on at least one ride. There's no reason why we can't accomodate everyone and their respective abilities.

+1 Last thing I want to do is put people off. The more the merrier!

Absolutely. I'm sure we can make it fun for everyone - we don't all have to ride together all the time.

And hell, we don't want you to be bored Rich! You could be like my border collie when she and I go running - run ahead half a mile, run back to me, run ahead half a mile, run back to me.... :wink:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I've not heard back from the Held yet so this may all be rather pre-emptive, but peeps houd feel free to plan/map/share their own routes.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2009
    I wonder whose gonna get lost and we'll have to go looking for them.

I bet I'll be in the group where the slow people are too slow and the fast people are too fast.....

I wonder who is gonna "couple up" as well? I think it will be Rich and LiT's Maxima... :shock: :twisted:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    DDD you worry far too much! No one gets lost or dropped, that's a promise.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Rich158 wrote:
    I don't see the problem with having a few social rides with the whole group, and having one day when the nutters can go off and do something more stupid/challenging.

I certainly wasn't sugesting everyone should do a 140 miles ride, but if I'm in the area I'd certainly want to test myself on at least one ride. There's no reason why we can't accomodate everyone and their respective abilities.

+1 Last thing I want to do is put people off. The more the merrier!

Absolutely. I'm sure we can make it fun for everyone - we don't all have to ride together all the time.

And hell, we don't want you to be bored Rich! You could be like my border collie when she and I go running - run ahead half a mile, run back to me, run ahead half a mile, run back to me....
    :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I fear I would be more like my Jack Russel, disapear of into the distance, then realise I can't see anyone and go round in circles getting ever more panicky untill someone shows up to calm me down :oops: :roll: :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Rich158
    And I guess I'll now have to put my money where my mouth is :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Rich158 wrote:
    And I guess I'll now have to put my money where my mouth is :roll:

Oh Yes.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Rich158
    I should point out that I can back pedal faster than an Italian tank (apologies to any Italians for that awful sterotype)

In fact I can feel a twinge in my back coming on now :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Has Rich just said that not only will he drop Jash but he will drop him so hard that he will be over the horizon? Could be interesting!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • il_principe
    No doubt he could!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I've not heard back from the Held yet so this may all be rather pre-emptive, but peeps houd feel free to plan/map/share their own routes.

it's not a area that with folk who check emails often, so i'd not worry to often would you like a hand with this? could meet up in RP? if you wanted i have OS maps of the area and would be more than happy to show show you the area plus whats there and not.
  • Rich158
    Feltup wrote:
    Has Rich just said that not only will he drop Jash but he will drop him so hard that he will be over the horizon? Could be interesting!

Now you're just putting words into my mouth. I could never beat the Prince an a piece of brash American carbon, it just wouldn't be right :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe

it's not a area that with folk who check emails often, so i'd not worry to often would you like a hand with this? could meet up in RP? if you wanted i have OS maps of the area and would be more than happy to show show you the area plus whats there and not.

Cheers, I phoned and left a message rather than emailing. Meet up sounds good though, how about the 24th? I'm not feeling well at the mo so won't be riding this weekend! I've ridden Gospel via Crickhowell (sp?) before but never gone East.
  • roger_merriman

Cheers, I phoned and left a message rather than emailing. Meet up sounds good though, how about the 24th? I'm not feeling well at the mo so won't be riding this weekend! I've ridden Gospel via Crickhowell (sp?) before but never gone East.

24th sounds good, any others are more than welcome
  • lost_in_thought
    I think there's already an organised RP ride on the 24th, isn't there?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    And hell, we don't want you to be bored Rich! You could be like my border collie when she and I go running - run ahead half a mile, run back to me, run ahead half a mile, run back to me.... :wink:

I think Rich is, in fact, a border collie. Far too much energy for his own good, that lad. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Rich158
    cjcp wrote:

I think Rich is, in fact, a border collie. Far too much energy for his own good, that lad. :)

I still maintain I'm more Jack Russel, running round in circles, yapping, making a niusance of myself :lol::lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    Right People, I've found a great site that lists bunkhouses in the Brecons. Here's a list of the ones that can cope with our numbers. Can those interested take a look and see what you think?

http://www.bunkhouse-brecon-beacons-wales.co.uk/index-bunkhouse-features-02.htm

http://www.glynmeddig.co.uk/avalability.asp

http://www.joeslodge.co.uk/rates.html

http://www.cantref.com/bunkhouse%20prices.htm

Cheers.
  • lost_in_thought
    Right People, I've found a great site that lists bunkhouses in the Brecons. Here's a list of the ones that can cope with our numbers. Can those interested take a look and see what you think?

http://www.bunkhouse-brecon-beacons-wales.co.uk/index-bunkhouse-features-02.htm

http://www.glynmeddig.co.uk/avalability.asp

http://www.joeslodge.co.uk/rates.html

http://www.cantref.com/bunkhouse%20prices.htm

Cheers.

Nice one!

My first preference would be for 'Glynmeddig', followed by the top one...
  • roger_merriman
    all look good, the first is next to the canal and on the edge of breacon so pubs etc wouldn't be a problem. as i can go any time to the area i'd not want to be push people into places.
  • Rich158
    +1 to 'Glynmeddig' although the availability looks limited, so the dates may not suit everyone. Other than that any of the others look fine to me

Revised FCN - 2
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I am happy to go anywhere that is pretty with a bed....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    linsen wrote:
    I am happy to go anywhere that is pretty with a bed....

I'd keep that kinda information away from DDD ;-)

I'm fairly easy as location goes so not to bothered which one is picked!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Anywhere that'll have us.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Anywhere that'll have us.

That will narrow it down :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    http://www.bikebrechfa.co.uk/accommodation.htm

Bit further west than you had in mind but this is a lovely spot and my friends Carl and Ivy will look after you well. They'll help you out with some routes and are all about biking so will sort you out and you'll have no problems.
  • Rich158

Bit further west than you had in mind but this is a lovely spot and my friends Carl and Ivy will look after you well. They'll help you out with some routes and are all about biking so will sort you out and you'll have no problems.

Looks good, and at the risk of another earbashing from Jash, MTB trails,wooohoooo :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: looks like the Troy Lee and teh body armour could get packed after all :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure it will accommodate enough people though :cry:

Revised FCN - 2
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Rich158 wrote:

Looks good, and at the risk of another earbashing from Jash, MTB trails,wooohoooo :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: looks like the Troy Lee and teh body armour could get packed after all :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure it will accommodate enough people though :cry:

That was my fear as sounds like you've got a few takers. If you like the look of the area it might be worth speaking to Carl or Ivy as there may be a B+B nearby to take the overspill. They'd be more than happy to help out if you wanted to have a chat to explore the options. For MTBing....Brechfa has some lovely trails and Carl has just been appointed as the ranger for the MTB sites in South Wales....so he knows his onions and can point you in the right direction...or might come out with you if he's not busy as he doesn't usually need any excuse to get out there!