Summer drinks - this Saturday! See first page for details.

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

'Cos if I'm doing a Surrey Hills ride first I'll be going through RP a good 3 hours before the meeting time!

Why are you not coming?

Can't help you there I'm afraid....

I won't be able to come because I've got a stag-do that day and will need to drive to Southend at noon.

Best I could do is turn up 10am and leave at 12.

Shame really was looking forward to it. (I'm going to try and do one of your routes this weekend).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Sweet jaysus, all this talk has got me thinking of bringing my lock. If as Rich says it's fairly safe I might just do what I did for the C2C and hang my little Halfords combi cable lock stashed under my saddle bag or even inside depending on what I bring. It's more of a deterrent then a proper solution but is better then nought and means I can leave the backpack at home :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Any bike close to mine will be safe, I'm not bringing a lock, it'll ruin my power to weight ratio :wink: so anything close to the Mad one will be under more surveilance than a certain Kharma at the Morpeth :roll: :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:
    Jash, if you want you can drop your bag off at mine on Saturday morning and I can bring it to the park.

Mark you are a star! That'd be ideal.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Rich158 wrote:
    Any bike close to mine will be safe, I'm not bringing a lock, it'll ruin my power to weight ratio :wink: so anything close to the Mad one will be under more surveilance than a certain Kharma at the Morpeth :roll: :wink:

:lol: I think the trick is to make sure that there are more expensive looking bikes less secured then your steed and your OK ;-) Having said this when I finished the C2C there where was quite a nice collection of exotic carbon left on the racks un-secured by the lovely DeVer team........I think if that Cervelo on the Cosmic Carbones was mine it would have been handcuffed to me :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    biondino wrote:
    Jash, if you want you can drop your bag off at mine on Saturday morning and I can bring it to the park.

Mark you are a star! That'd be ideal.

No worries! I live on Upper Richmond Road, about 1.5 miles from the park, near the Death Bridge. Send me a text the Saturday morning when you're on your way. There is a small chance something so socially exciting will come up that I might not be there, but... nah. It's never happened before :)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I can't decide what bike to bring!

Beer + locking bike should = SS Commuter
    Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

New bike surely, duh!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

Me neither - I'm thinking that maybe a quick spin into the Surrey Hills first might be the way to justify bringing the best bike :)

ooo I might be up for that, I'm staying in town on Friday, was planning a few late night laps followed by a couple early Sat. but a proper ride would be fun :D
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    moonio wrote:
    I cant make this one afterall...

It's okay we'll just shun you forever now, no biggie :P
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

New bike surely, duh!

Now, see, if you had a geared road bike as a second bike, you wouldn't have this problem. :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

New bike surely, duh!

Now, see, if you had a geared road bike as a second bike, you wouldn't have this problem. :P

Oh but I do have a second geared road bike! A Focus Variado Expert in fact.

My early morning ride will now be decided by 2 factors:

1: The arrival of my new bike - will it be with me for Sat, if so then no Surrey jaunt on sat as SS + Surrey hills = NO.

2: The weather, not going out if it's raining in the morning.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:
    moonio wrote:
    I cant make this one afterall...

It's okay we'll just shun you forever now, no biggie :P

+1

...especially as I wanted to get the details for Ladies Day at the Herne Hill Velodrome :P
  • I was hoping to make this but didn't commit as I knew that Summer weekends are precious. Lo and behold a family event in Ickham, (near Canterbury) has materialised so I will not be coming.

However, in the true spirit of a born again cyclist I am considering riding down to Ickham (65 miles via motorways, prob more by back roads).
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    If any other 'Northerners' still want to meet in Regent's Park Sat morning, I've painstakingly planned a route though Hyde Park and the back streets, hopefully avoiding as much crap as possible. Particularly Hammersmith gyratory.

Route

Shouldn't take more than 45 min, but I'd suggest meeting at 11 (top of The Broad Walk off the Outer Circle) to be on the safe side. If we get there early it should be possible to sneak in a quick warm up lap. :)
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    northerner in. probably. depends if i'm out riding on sunday or not...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

New bike surely, duh!

1: The arrival of my new bike - will it be with me for Sat, if so then no Surrey jaunt on sat as SS + Surrey hills = NO.

you need to borrow an MTB and come on my "full susser" off-road loop, Jim

:shock:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Cool, Brun i'll see you at 11.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Linsen, are you really turning into a "full susser"? I don't want you to.... :oops:

Is anyone getting there before 12? I can be there before 10am-12pm But most likely have to leave 12 - 12.30 sharpish!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    okay my plans have changed no surrey loop for me, I'm now going for the pre ride beer & pizza training, my right knee is DONE! big time, this mornings ride in was pure agony :cry:

I will of course MTFU and continue ride just very slowly with lots of painkillers.
  • il_principe
    What are the official arrangements anyway, can we have an recap please?
  • biondino
    linsen wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

New bike surely, duh!

Of course, the off-road loop can be done easily and happily on a road bike but I still don't think we'll see the Prince give it a go :) I'd be up for that, Linds - you can organise a schism among the park-lappers and see who'll join the dark side.
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    itboffin wrote:
    okay my plans have changed no surrey loop for me, I'm now going for the pre ride beer & pizza training, my right knee is DONE! big time, this mornings ride in was pure agony :cry:

I will of course MTFU and continue ride just very slowly with lots of painkillers.

Ouch. Really sorry for you. Sounds really painful. Got to look after the knees. Take care, old man....
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    linsen wrote:

Of course, the off-road loop can be done easily and happily on a road bike but I still don't think we'll see the Prince give it a go :) I'd be up for that, Linds - you can organise a schism among the park-lappers and see who'll join the dark side.

You'll not see any of my bikes going off road thank you very much.

MTB? *Shudders
  • biondino

Jash, it's all been updated in Liv's post on page 1 of this thread.

p.s. the Focus can handle the off-road path in RP perfectly well - I reckon you're just chicken...
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:

Jash, it's all been updated in Liv's post on page 1 of this thread.

Cheers.
    biondino wrote:
    p.s. the Focus can handle the off-road path in RP perfectly well - I reckon you're just chicken...

Nope, I'm a Roadie. :roll:

:lol:
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Due to several unexpected changes in plans, I *may* now be able to come along to this. Are we out-of-town, infrequent posters allowed ?

If so:
    (a) if I bring my good bike, will you all laugh at me because I'm slow ?
    (b) if I bring my good bike, will it get nicked becase London is a den of thieves ?
    (c) if I bring my good bike, will I fall off and wreck it because I like beer too much ?

(d) sod this, I'll bring the commuter !
    Misguided Idealist
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Everyone is welcome! We are one big, happy, commuting family!
  • il_principe
    Everyone is welcome! We are one big, happy, commuting family!

+1 and it'd be really good to see some new faces, so if you're thinking of coming and have never met any of us before, please don't be scared, come along and buy me a pint! :wink:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    mcmullej wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ouch. Really sorry for you. Sounds really painful. Got to look after the knees. Take care, old man....

It's the curse of hitting the top spot in the stats :cry:

Look after that knee dude, you only get one pair. Hope it's a speedy recovery, dodgy knee's aren't fun at our age :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited July 2009
    I need to find a pitchfork to bring with me......... just in case there are any anti-hybrid comments :twisted: :P

FB96, I'm slow - as in 14mph average speed slow. On the flat, empty roads of SW to SE London :oops: However, my excuse is I'm a complete noob to cycling and commuting so the first 12 months are for learning/improving.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :wink: