Summer drinks - this Saturday! See first page for details.

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    redvee wrote:
    tardington wrote:
    someone could be designated Mum

That'll be L_i_T then :lol:

Oi!

But yeah, at the park, look out for a group of people wearing lycra who probably shouldn't be, one of whom is a girl with very long hair and an orange maxima.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    And given the Silly Commuting Jerseys, you'll know the gang by the awfulness of the affront to your eyes...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    I don't have a Jersey, or any lycra... maybe i'll wear a garish Hawaiian shirt so i don't look too bland.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I'll be the one without a bike........

:cry:

Actually, I am coming with my bike, but may not ride it very much. Anyone wants a "recovery lap", count me in.....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hi StuAff, I've got a different route in mind so I'll see you there. I've no idea what my mph is but I reckon it's slower than yours :lol:

Linsen, I won't be doing the laps either. I've ridden in RP before and pushing the bike has been a feature every time :?

What I wear will be weather dependent, but I'm sure lycra will be in there somewhere. Hi-viz included but no pitchfork 8)

For ID purposes, I'll be the short, black, shaven-head female with a Trek hybrid and red handlebars. I'll either be smiling, gasping for breath or looking nervous :)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I can't decide what bike to bring!

Beer + locking bike should = SS Commuter
    Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?
  • lost_in_thought

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

Yeah, I know!

I've pretty much decided on the Maxima, my SS is annoying me at the minute with its grindy badness.

The locking area is good at the Roebuck, bikes in plain sight of the drinking area.
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

Me neither - I'm thinking that maybe a quick spin into the Surrey Hills first might be the way to justify bringing the best bike :)
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Gonna have to go and get a smaller rear cog this weekend. The 61GI i currently have on my setup will kill me considering it will be 20miles there and back even before the laps.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    *strokes chin* Which shoes? Once I've decided that the bike takes care of itself ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    JonGinge wrote:
    *strokes chin* Which shoes? Once I've decided that the bike takes care of itself ;)

Note to self: bring coffee shop caps to avoid speedplay ice skate effect.
  • il_principe
    edited July 2009

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

Me neither - I'm thinking that maybe a quick spin into the Surrey Hills first might be the way to justify bringing the best bike :)

I could be up for a Surrey jaunt first as well.

EDIT: Where to put the damn locks though, somewhere in the Park I guess... but then how to get the lock there? Grrrrr.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

i'd thought as long as the weather is nice be lots of folks sitting/standing with drinks out looking at the view probably standing around bikes....
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200

Park + laps = Pinarello

Dammit, what to do?

I could be up for a Surrey jaunt first as well.

EDIT: Where to put the damn locks though, somewhere in the Park I guess... but then how to get the lock there? Grrrrr.

A small D Lock does go in a jersey pocket although it's pretty heavy - so you could drop it off on the way. As far as the Hills go, I need to suss out if my GF is intending to come along before getting too carried away. She's not quite ready for that yet :)
  • il_principe
    My D Lock is one of those Kryptonite ones and weighs a tonne. Perhaps I could take a small rucksack and hide it in the bushes somewhere!!
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I cant make this one afterall...
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    My D Lock is one of those Kryptonite ones and weighs a tonne. Perhaps I could take a small rucksack and hide it in the bushes somewhere!!

You mean you haven't got a red and white rucksack that matches your bike? And it's supposed to be fun, right?
    As for me, the ABUS Granit-X Plus will be in my rucksack as usual. Oh my god, it's a whole 1.9 kg, it'll ruin my lap time......no, my spindly legs and crap lungs wiill :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Jash, you could take your lock in a rucksack and then lock the rucksack to something with the lock.
  • lost_in_thought
    Dudes....

Drop by the pub/park/other convenient place on your way out and lock the lock to a fence/post/tree. Pick it up on the way back.

Honestly. Do I have to think of everything around here?
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    Jash, you could take your lock in a rucksack and then lock the rucksack to something with the lock.

I thought about this, problem is I'd like to put a change of clothes in the bag. I guess I can just go for it and hope all will be ok, although I'll probably return to find someone's called the bomb squad...

Only real option though.
  • il_principe
    StuAff wrote:

You mean you haven't got a red and white rucksack that matches your bike? And it's supposed to be fun, right?
    As for me, the ABUS Granit-X Plus will be in my rucksack as usual. Oh my god, it's a whole 1.9 kg, it'll ruin my lap time......no, my spindly legs and crap lungs wiill :)

Yeah but I don't want to lug a D lock and change of clothes around the Surrey Hills before meeting you lot...
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Somebody wake me up when the arrangements have all been made and tell me where to pitch up :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    StuAff wrote:

Yeah but I don't want to lug a D lock and change of clothes around the Surrey Hills before meeting you lot...

I think LiT's got the answer above....
    I'm perfectly happy to lug a D-lock, food & drink, tools, etc around for 60 or 70 miles (I'd be slow and my back sweaty anyway...), but each to their own.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    ffs, it's like hearding cats :roll:

I've had many a pint in the aforementioned pub and have never locked my bike. I usually drink just accross the road, as does pretty much everyone else and there'll be enough of us to keep an eye on the bikes.

And a change of clothes IP :roll: you bloody tart :shock: :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    Rich158 wrote:
    ffs, it's like hearding cats :roll:

I've had many a pint in the aforementioned pub and have never locked my bike. I usually drink just accross the road, as does pretty much everyone else and there'll be enough of us to keep an eye on the bikes.

And a change of clothes IP :roll: you bloody tart :shock: :wink:

Just thinking a T shirt and some baggies to put over the lycra. If I do 60 or so miles first I'm gonna be a sweaty mess!
    :lol:
  • Cafewanda
    moonio wrote:
    I cant make this one afterall...

Whyever not? What could possibly be more important than this event :shock:

:)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm not even going...

@Principe/James
    Some peeps are coming by car right, namely GTVLusso, Sara etc. Why not put your bag and lock in their car - if they're happy with that?

Or

Do what LiT says

Or

Lock you bag to a fence and hope SO19 don't get called.

Or

Leave it with Linsen wherever she's pitched up a tent/car....

I hope you all enjoy the day without me.... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    edited July 2009
    linsen wrote:
    Somebody wake me up when the arrangements have all been made and tell me where to pitch up :wink:

Linsen, I could meet you at the Cafe for 12.30 (if you aren't doing the laps) I'm quite happy to chat/watch, or meet you at the pub for 1.30/2pm.
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm not even going...

@Principe/James
    Some peeps are coming by car right, namely GTVLusso, Sara etc. Why not put your bag and lock in their car - if they're happy with that?

Or

Do what LiT says

Or

Lock you bag to a fence and hope SO19 don't get called.

Or

Leave it with Linsen wherever she's pitched up a tent/car....

I hope you all enjoy the day without me.... :cry:

'Cos if I'm doing a Surrey Hills ride first I'll be going through RP a good 3 hours before the meeting time!

Why are you not coming?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Jash, if you want you can drop your bag off at mine on Saturday morning and I can bring it to the park.