Summer drinks - this Saturday! See first page for details.

18910111214»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Great to see the usual crew as well as some new faces - see we're not that scary afterall.

Linsen, thanks for the loan of the jumper, a good look I thought...

I didn't take many photos, but here's one of the Viner and the view:

3738000437_fcdcfdd371_o.jpg
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Gutted that I couldn't attend this. When you all decide to do a tour of Scotland, let me know :wink:
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Great to see the usual crew as well as some new faces - see we're not that scary afterall.

shame you didn't get ITB's flat in there too :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    +1. Though my Jetstream's back wheel got in the shot....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:

I wonder if an IR lens would be able to catch the p*ncture fairy in the act? She really really hates ITB... :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

I wonder if an IR lens would be able to catch the p*ncture fairy in the act? She really really hates ITB... :D

yeah she pushed him over on Friday night :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563

Damn, that is one nice bike... ;)
  • il_principe
    And here's a Madone, a Prince and a Mills making friends whilst trying to ignore some perverted CX bike... thankfully the Mills acted as a bodyguard for the carbon numbers, although the Prince is still a tad shaken...

3738795336_96e6372de4_o.jpg
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Damn those CX perverts, trying to corrupt those carbon numbers, they even managed to corrupt a certain Viner earlier in the day :shock:

Notice how the Madone is hiding and hanging it's head in shame having been scalped by the Prince earlier in the day, and then the Mills up Nightingale Lane :wink:

Chapeau IP, you should be racing with that speed.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    that cross cable greased up the Mills frame :x
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    Rich158 wrote:
    Damn those CX perverts, trying to corrupt those carbon numbers, they even managed to corrupt a certain Viner earlier in the day :shock:

Notice how the Madone is hiding and hanging it's head in shame having been scalped by the Prince earlier in the day, and then the Mills up Nightingale Lane :wink:

Not sure I scalped you Rich! We got some good speed going though that's for sure.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 wrote:

Not sure I scalped you Rich! We got some good speed going though that's for sure.

I seem to remember that characteristic, whooooosh, whooooosh from your deep section rims as you went past me up Dark Hill, twice, and you definately had me on the run in to the cafe on the second lap.

There was some great speed, I topped out at 38mph, if some very iffy descending the other side of Dark Hill from yours truly :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    And here's a Madone, a Prince and a Mills making friends whilst trying to ignore some perverted CX bike... thankfully the Mills acted as a bodyguard for the carbon numbers, although the Prince is still a tad shaken...

It's like a Razzle pile up! The ugly one ends up on top as per usual...
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Pinarello and Trek must use some special kind of carbon fibre for their road bikes (though they seem to have regular stuff for CX models).
    Cobblestones a la Roubaix: fine
    Heavy rain: fine (at seen on the TdF the other day). Owners can be wussy about that though....
    Descending at 60 mph down a mountain road: fine
    Slightest speck of dirt, gravel, mud, stone, etc coming into contact with any part of the bike (white bar tape somehow excepted): sudden catastrophic failure.

Viners and Focuses (Foci?) seem to manage just fine. Let alone 'clown bikes' :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Okay you lot pack it in now or get a room will you, ghey......!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Nout perverted about my CX bike, its the norm for us yokels and besides the bike ain't perverted its the rider that is :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Rich158
    redvee wrote:

Nout perverted about my CX bike, its the norm for us yokels and besides the bike ain't perverted its the rider that is :oops:

So yokeldom is full of CX bikes with perverted owners:lol::lol::lol: I'm begining to look forward to my visit even more :shock: :wink:

Revised FCN - 2