Summer drinks - this Saturday! See first page for details.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I should be able to make the 18th, am also pretty close to Richmond Park so can be flexible on arrangements. Would be up for a few laps to kick off with, be interesting to see how fast a decent group could manage as I always end up riding round on my own.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I can make pretty much any time, thanks to little bruv's living room floor over in Balham.

Why don't those of us who have the more competetive urges meet about 10ish for some scalping action, with those who are coming from further afield joining us for some more social laps and then lunch :lol::lol:

The coffee shop sounds a good place to meet, I'll need a large expresso and a large helping of cake after a night spent on a hard wooden floor :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Social Laps for me.... :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    I'm up for a few laps of RP and would be a good was to put faces to names...

I also live pretty close to the park and any of the dates in July would suit,
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    StuAff wrote:
    You're on....Bear in mind you'll need something very heavy

That'll be me then, a trim 15 stone of lard
    and undergeared.

Only the one.

Looking at jonginge's Garmin route I fell a shortfall in the three lap challenge on my part

http://connect.garmin.com/player/3922152
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Don't think I'll be around on the 18th. Ah well.
  • b0y1nterupted
    b0y1nterupted Posts: 124
    is anyone going from manchester?
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    GTVVVVVVV Can I bag a space in your mota'?
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    sarajoy wrote:
    GTVVVVVVV Can I bag a space in your mota'?

Go on then! I suppose you'll want roof rack space too!
  • sarajoy
    Maaayyyybe... Is that OK? :)
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    sarajoy wrote:
    Maaayyyybe... Is that OK? :)

Yeah - of course!
  • DonDaddyD
    Who is going to be the responsible one and bring spares like inner tubes, tyres, pumps etc...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Possibly me, I'll have to drive over to RP anyway, unless I MTFU and ride the 40 or so miles there and back again :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Who is going to be the responsible one and bring spares like inner tubes, tyres, pumps etc...

Bring your own!! Golden rule fella, do not rely on other peeps to fulfil your repair needs.*

*although I will have spare, I always do. However if you p8ncture and use my tube and Co2, then I P*ncture. You will be the one begging passing riders for more spares or riding to the nearest LBS! :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Bring your own!! Golden rule fella, do not rely on other peeps to fulfil your repair needs.*

*although I will have spare, I always do. However if you p8ncture and use my tube and Co2, then I P*ncture. You will be the one begging passing riders for more spares or riding to the nearest LBS! :lol:

Absolutely (see other thread), I was just remembering how awesome the support car was in Marlborough!

Imagine having a support car following us around Richmond park
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Absolutely (see other thread), I was just remembering how awesome the support car was in Marlborough!

Imagine having a support car following us around Richmond park

It'd soon lose touch with us! 20mph limit and all that. :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I can do 4/5 or 11/12 - off oop north following weekend - got your hands on the M2 yet DDD ? maybe a 'social lap/sportive' - strict SCR rules of course :):)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    OK, Looks like it's gonna be all systems go for 18th, I'll make a note and advise my other half :-)
    Really must try and get over toe RP before this meetup so I can scout out the park, I don't really want my virgin ride round to be in a 20mph+ chaingang :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    if it's a sat it's likely to be fairly busy so more likely to be social than chain gang, the amount of cars bikes etc....

not sure if i can but if i can i will.
  • I'll try and make it assuming THE BOSS grants me time off for good behaviour...
  • DonDaddyD
    So we gonna establish a time. I'm really excited but that's partly because I'm going to get my Kharma.... :P :P 8)
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I'd suggest 11-11.30 ish, so that those of us travelling from further afield don't necessarily have to be up at the crack of dawn.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yeah, definitely not before 11:00... I was thinking more like 1200 at RP coffee shop, few laps then on to a pub for food and beers...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So we gonna establish a time. I'm really excited but that's partly because I'm going to get my Kharma.... :P :P 8)

Saw one in RP tonight. Looks nice.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I just voted for 18th july as everyone else did...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Do we have to watch out for the wildlife when doing the laps of RP such as this?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/red ... an0028.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    Just needed to remind myself of the date and thought I may as well bump the thread while I'm at it :)
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yeah, good plan there!

Now, the Roebuck has been recommended, any further input on that?

I don't really know Richmond that well, but the Ealing sunset ride next wednesday is going to the Roebuck, so that should be a chance for me to check it out...
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Yeah, good plan there!

Now, the Roebuck has been recommended, any further input on that?

I don't really know Richmond that well, but the Ealing sunset ride next wednesday is going to the Roebuck, so that should be a chance for me to check it out...

there is also lass o' richmound hill. but no view. and there is the Marlborough around the corner from the Roebuck. if the weather is nice the view from the top of richmound hill from the roebuck is great, some nice places on the river if people carry on drinking....
  • DonDaddyD
    Unforntunately I won't be able to make the 18th.

Please accept my apologies. I have a Stag-do to attend and SkinDread to listen to....

I cannot believe 4 seperate stag-do's in one year and only one of my friends has the testicular fortitude to go to a strip club... the shame
    Food Chain number = 4