Summer drinks - this Saturday! See first page for details.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I like beer

I'm assuming some sort of picnic?

Did wonder about a picnic in the Park (the area in the middle of the Park up the road from Robin Hood Gate is a good spot), but keeping beer/wine etc cold may be a problem.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    How would LiT manage to bring a picnic for us all on her Viner? IIRC there are no rack mounts.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • kyoukoku
    kyoukoku Posts: 105
    redvee wrote:
    How would LiT manage to bring a picnic for us all on her Viner? IIRC there are no rack mounts.

Haha, :idea: with one of these of course:

burley-flatbed-med.jpg
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Burley_Flatbed_Transporter_Trailer/5360006833/

I reckon once LiT has filled a cooler box & a hamper or two, she could easily transport enough grub to feed a few hungry bikers!
    :twisted: :lol: 8) :roll: :wink: :shock: :mrgreen:

Now where did I leave my flak jacket...... :wink:
  • redvee
    But that would change her FCN and leave her open to scalping from the like of myself, if only.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    I think July is pretty free for me at the moment. Am off cycling Norfolk on 24-26 but apart from that...
  • redvee
    I think July is pretty free for me at the moment. Am off cycling Norfolk on 24-26 but apart from that...

Need plenty more gurls to attend, at present with TNB we have 3. LiT, SaraJoy and TNB. The male members(fnarr, fnarr) can't have all the fun we need some more members of the opposite sex, can't let this turn into a boys day out.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    redvee wrote:
    antfly wrote:
    What is this summer drinks, does it involve cycling?Can anyone come or is it just for sc`s?

We welcome outsiders too, just don't expect to ride faster than/scalp LiTs and her new bike or else.

Then I'm tempted to join you too. I should even be a fully fledged commuter by then!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    The more the merrier! :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    redvee wrote:

Need plenty more gurls to attend, at present with TNB we have 3. LiT, SaraJoy and TNB. The male members(fnarr, fnarr) can't have all the fun we need some more members of the opposite sex, can't let this turn into a boys day out.

G66 is gender undecided :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Cycling in general seems to be male-dominated (wot wiv all them wimmin bein too scared ov gettin swetty an' worried 'bout traffick) - easily proven by looking at cycle clothing sites innit... So maybe the 3 of us are just proportionally representing the reality.

Sorry guys, cycling's a sausagefest. If you want wimmin, go dancin' :D

I'm in, July 18th sounds fine to me, diary's empty too - just ball-pointed it in (not even pencilled! Impressed?) :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    im male, and live in birmingham so looks like its out the question for me although would like to as seem everyone i know sees cycling as just summin thats dangerous

maybe we could arrange a meet for people who arent so near the big smoke

forgot to add that im teetotal and have been for 7 and half years, please dont shout lol
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    edited May 2009
    I am planning to attend, though not sure that my gender is entirely relevant......

BJUK - much as my children would love to attend, I would love a break. Don't tell them , but they are not invited. They can come when they can buy me a beer....

I have pencilled it in.
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    edited May 2009
    andy83 wrote:
    forgot to add that im teetotal and have been for 7 and half years, please dont shout lol

Don't worry about it. I don't drink either- I just don't like the taste of alcohol; liqueurs or anything else that's strongly flavoured enough to taste of something are OK, but not enough to make me want to pay for them...
    Having said, I am one of those folding bike loonies, what do I know? Well, apart from my FCN being so low I am invulnerable to scalping, ha ha....:)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Well - As said before. I have can carry 3 bikes on my car and one in the boot, so I am happy to chauffeur from Brizzle to Laaadan.....but, only if I can park quickly and easily - if I can't I will be a very sad Panda and may have to park on Mick Jaggers front lawn in Richmond.....

Actually, I also have a carrier for the boot - so I could get 5 or 6 bikes on the car and one in the boot, but only 4 people can travel in any comfort in the old tub of lard.

*note to passengers - my old BMW is sh1te and smells of wet dog, but it does the business and I am not buying a new car until it dies......completely!

Redvee has booked his space.....!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Well - As said before. I have can carry 3 bikes on my car and one in the boot, so I am happy to chauffeur from Brizzle to Laaadan.....but, only if I can park quickly and easily - if I can't I will be a very sad Panda and may have to park on Mick Jaggers front lawn in Richmond.....

Actually, I also have a carrier for the boot - so I could get 5 or 6 bikes on the car and one in the boot, but only 4 people can travel in any comfort in the old tub of lard.

*note to passengers - my old BMW is sh1te and smells of wet dog, but it does the business and I am not buying a new car until it dies......completely!

Redvee has booked his space.....!

you can park off queens road it's just next to RP Richmound gate.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'm in for July 18th, Don't worry StuAff & Andy83, I'm pretty much teetotal as well, so there'll be at least three of us not drinking :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    only avaliable one weekend, on the 18th. all the others off on Sea Cadet courses at HMS Excellent.

However Richmond is a bit of a trek :(

Perhaps we could run a south west meet up at the same time for those who can't get to that there London village?
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • stuaff
    NGale wrote:
    only avaliable one weekend, on the 18th. all the others off on Sea Cadet courses at HMS Excellent.

However Richmond is a bit of a trek :(

Perhaps we could run a south west meet up at the same time for those who can't get to that there London village?

HMS Excellent- no idea where that is :) (About two miles west of me!). Richmond's a bit of a pain even for many of us in the south east- it's over two hours each way by train for me! Nonetheless, I'm used to that kind of journey....!
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Is July 18th the confirmed date?

I'm running a 52.4 miler on the 19th, but may be able to pop over to RP for a drink or two if it's lunchtime/early afternoon. Will need to travel by train to the middle of nowhere in Kent by early evening though, so can't hang around all day :(
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2009
    Its looking like the 18th for certain....

I better get in shape and get the laps around Richmond Park in... Don't want to be showing myself up....

@Jen, would be good to see you. I was also thinking that (depending on the time) perhaps we could head up there together given you're a few roads away from me. In fact if you're broaching the subject of getting back on the bike and need a push I'll be soon looking for a sparing partner to ride with... initially around Richmond Park... (I'm also non threatening, it took me 45mins to do a lap last time I went there and I didn't make it all the way up Dark Hill :oops: )
    sarajoy wrote:
    So maybe the 3 of us are just proportionally representing the reality.

Yep sounds about right... :wink: same could be said for me as well.... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    how about a meet up in say stratford for us more midland people

may still consider coming though

if i get my but into gear could always do it as long ride just cos i feel completely mental

well most of it anyway and get the train rest of way

actually thats a great idea and can get gf to meet me down there and stay over the night, do hotels let me keep my bike safe and sound in there.

do all you london people speak funny?? lol

awaits backlash about the lovely brummy accent
  • redvee
    StuAff wrote:
    Oh yes: On the subject of any competition round RP: hands off the wooden spoon, it's mine :)

Race you for it :lol:
  • stuaff
    redvee wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Oh yes: On the subject of any competition round RP: hands off the wooden spoon, it's mine :)

Race you for it :lol:

You're on....Bear in mind you'll need something very heavy and undergeared. Have plenty of pies in lieu of training, make sure you're in the 'adult on BMX' riding position, and then you might just be slower :)
    Having said that, I overtook plenty of people on the IOW on Sunday......
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Right, looks like the consensus is for the 18th, which makes life easier!

Put it in your diaries, folks.

Now then, what do people reckon re timing? I had envisaged early afternoon for a drink followed by maybe dinner, but would be equally inclined to do a few laps of RP followed by a late lunch and some beers.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I am free all day and will fit in when and wherever
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Rich158
    A few laps, lunch and beers would suit me down to the ground :lol::lol::lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Rich158 wrote:
    A few laps, lunch and beers would suit me down to the ground :lol::lol::lol:

Me too. 18th is great, in the diary.
  • Rich158
    I feel a 3 lap SCR challenge coming on :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Rich158
    It's time all that Italian Carbon was shown a thing or two by the brash American upstart :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2009
    18th is in the Diary.

Would prefer to do some laps of the Park - after all its primarily a cycling centric meet up or there would be no point turning up with a bike... - then lunch with (or then) beers, perhaps.

May I suggest meeting at the gate nearest the coffee shop (or somewhere there isn't a large number of people as finding each other may be tricky), or the coffee shop/bike rental itself - though there is a lot of people there, again identifying people may be tricky/

As for time, I'm easy. In fact I'm easy with most of the arrangements due to my relative closeness to Richmond Park. I somewhat feel the outta-Londoners should have more say given the long journey they have to make...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game