Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    January has been very bad so far, I'm about 200 miles down thanks to a virus.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    and so the slow climb begins
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    So, whats the deal with people only updating the YTD totals? Has this been covered in the previous 350+ pages?
  • Rest day :D

Nice blatt in on the 600cc motorbike this morning .. don't suppose this evening will quite as enjoyable due to weather.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • daxplusplus
    daxplusplus Posts: 631
    edited January 2014
    gingaman wrote:
    So, whats the deal with people only updating the YTD totals? Has this been covered in the previous 350+ pages?

If you mean updating infrequently with great wodges of miles once a month/every few weeks .. yeah it's a bit of an emotive subject.

Personally I think it crosses the line because it dilutes one of the best things about having a leader board (comparing yourself with others) but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

strava profile
  • Day off yesterday, stinking hangover today but nevertheless extended the commute around RP so I could get to the 600m mark this January. It hurt, my head is still banging and after mapping it out I'm still 0.7m short against 600m!! The journey home will be bad enough given the forecast let alone having to bloody extend that to!
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    5milestogo wrote:
    Day off yesterday, stinking hangover today but nevertheless extended the commute around RP so I could get to the 600m mark this January. It hurt, my head is still banging and after mapping it out I'm still 0.7m short against 600m!! The journey home will be bad enough given the forecast let alone having to bloody extend that to!

Lol - my half arsed target as well. I'll beat it by about 0.8 miles! I was planning on letting it drop if it didn't fall in by default! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Initialised
    Yes! Back in the top 20.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rubertoe
    third time lucky....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    Hey, iPete, how long did it take you to do your 426.2 mile commute?

Quite an impressive distance for 1 day ;)
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    gingaman wrote:

Wait till you see what I pull out in February ;)
  • rubertoe
    I wonder if I will ever get back into the top 20 again - I must go out on a lot of club runs.

• Not commuting today .. too likely that wind on way home will be dangerous.

So fasting instead .. if I can't get the miles in I'll bl**dy well lose the excess weight.

strava profile
  • Rest week (also half term) .. so not many miles this week.

strava profile
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Creeping my way back up the ranking after a forced fortnight off of two wheels, thanks to a pesky chest infection. Now aiming for a steady 150 miles a week commute plus weekend sorties, annual target 7,500 miles.

It is so, so good to be back on the bike. :)
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    1,000 miles in 2014! Cleared the line with a cheeky Rule 9 compliant RP CW 3LC (in an hour and mumble mumble) on the way in this morning. Cycling is dangerously addictive.
  • gingaman wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618
    Was this you iPete? A single lap round would help your mileage.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    5milestogo wrote:
    gingaman wrote:

110 Miles IIRC, the difference between anti & clockwise is only a few hundred yards.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Initialised
    45 miles of #Rule9 riding in the cold, dark and rain and I'm back in the top 15!

gerrin!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    5milestogo wrote:
    gingaman wrote:

Did 6 laps the other day :lol:

Laziest February since 2011!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
  • daxplusplus
    Too icy for me this morning .. which is a shame cos tonight would have been a fine ride home :(

strava profile
  • Initialised
    If you sort by March, I'm in first place!

:toast:
  • gbsahne001
    Too icy for me this morning .. which is a shame cos tonight would have been a fine ride home :(

Quite icy this morning as well

It was a nice ride yesterday but I had a visit from the PF, which has sliced the new tyre that I put on last week.
  • gbsahne wrote:

It was a nice ride yesterday but I had a visit from the PF, which has sliced the new tyre that I put on last week.

So you have had Ice and a slice, all you need is the straw and umbrella :lol:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne wrote:

So you have had Ice and a slice, all you need is the straw and umbrella :lol:

:lol:
  • daxplusplus
    Chanced it this morning and although cold no dampness on the roads so no ice :)

After missing on two days of commuting thought I'd take advantage of the weather and extended the ride in .. hard session in on just the top 4 or so gears (18 speed compact).

strava profile
  • gbsahne001
    off to the Middle East next week, so no cycling for me :x
  • daxplusplus
    gbsahne wrote:
    off to the Middle East next week, so no cycling for me :x

This isn't some kind of gamesmanship is it?

Next weeks is supposed to be a peak mileage week for me .. hmmm could get interesting

strava profile
  • gbsahne001
    This isn't some kind of gamesmanship is it?

Nope, I've got a long ride planned for Sunday but that will be it until a week Monday or even Tuesday, as it's a horrible overnight flight with a 1 hour stop in Saudi followed by a 2 hour stop in Amsterdam on the way back.