Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Chris, Any chance of getting me a new password?

I updated Opera and lost my old one...

Jim
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Lucky I was passing. Not in a fit state at the minute and will be out & about for some of tomorrow. Look again Sat pm and hope I remembered. :)
  • jimmypippa
    CiB wrote:
    Lucky I was passing. Not in a fit state at the minute and will be out & about for some of tomorrow. Look again Sat pm and hope I remembered. :)

WHAT?? checking the forum sometime after midnight and you don't want to do something for a randomer on the internet at that time??

:D

Thanks

Jim
  • CiB
    Tis done - see PM. Sorry for the lateness; I was out longer than planned and TBH it's been so long since I looked at it I'd forgotten the level 2 password for access to a deeper level where I can reset user passwords - ended up having to delve into the db to remind myself.

There is an option to reset your own password via a link on the login page, provided you've previously answered the security question.
  • jimmypippa
    Hardly a long wait, CiB...
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Moved upto 2nd, all be it i'm sure for a very brief amount of time.
  • daxplusplus
    daxplusplus Posts: 631
    Maybe, maybe not.

I'm supposed to be taking more time off as my TTs and other important rides really start to kick in during the summer.

However my other means to get to work (motorbike) is currently off the road so maybe the races will have to be with me tired from the commute and the miles racking up. I hope not.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    2000km up for the year so far. Not big numbers I admit but I won't complain as I have not done much yet this year. Audaxes and a few other rides should see that increase over the next few months!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    5k.....down on last year
  • 1.6k down on last year, no club runs so far this year and not looking like I'm going to get any in until the winter either :-(

Do have the Norwich 100 in a couple of weeks though and with the ride to and from the start it will be more like 140.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • daxplusplus
    @gbsahne: Slacker

strava profile
  • gbsahne001
    @gbsahne: Slacker

:D ... 2 weeks off this year due to work, which is only going to get worse as the kit I'm currently sending overseas lands there in a few months. That and the new baby coming along in September means 10 - 12k as an estimate for the year.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Somehow still 2nd :|

Down on last year but not chasing a silly target this year and training alot more scientific rather than just "going for a ride"
  • daxplusplus
    Mileage up on last year as I didn't really take it very seriously until around May 2013 when I gave up rock climbing to spend more time cycling.

But not going all out for miles .. looking to increase intensity of rides, speed and, to an extent, individual ride distance.

Hence not chasing down WillyB\Gbsahne. They can have each months stage win .. it's galling but I'm thinking of the overall picture (mumble, grumble .. not happy)

strava profile
  • Yep, if I were keeping up or beating last years mileage I'd be in second.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    177 miles up on the annual target and 30 days ahead of last year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    4 days of 'rest' for me, as I head to Amsterdam today for my 30th candle day on Sunday, I'll have some catching up to do when I get back! :D
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    gingaman wrote:
    4 days of 'rest' for me, as I head to Amsterdam today for my 30th candle day on Sunday, I'll have some catching up to do when I get back! :D
    I'll have my top ten spot back TYVM!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • gingaman
    gingaman wrote:
    I'll have my top ten spot back TYVM!

I think you'll find, that's my No. 10 spot :wink:

You can borrow it for a week or so
  • gingaman
    I'll have to hire a bike while I'm here...
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Hopefully I'll tick over the 2000 mile mark by the end of this month and given that last year was the first time I'd ever done more than 2500 miles in an entire year (did 3200) I'm rather happy with that... still shake my head in admiration / disbelief at some of the figures on here, chapeau!
  • CiB
    Stats relegated down to Page 3? That won't do...

I put together an app the other day to join together TCX files from split rides, and thought it might form a useful basis for dropping info into Stats instead of having to type it in, so that bit of functionality now exists in the Stats New Ride page.

Select a file or drag it onto the Choose File button, then hit upload and the relevant content is sucked out and spat into the miles, time & date boxes. It only works for TCX files formatted as per RideWithGps TCX History files at present, with or without a namespace attribute (for those who care).
  • You are a genius :D
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • CiB
    Added a tweak to discard any time on stops (traffic lights, cake etc). It'a bit arbitrary - looking through my rides there are plenty of gaps of 5-7 seconds instead of the expected 1-2 second recording interval, which I can put down to tree cover etc as I know I was bowling along at a merry old pace, so an executive decision here means any pauses of >= 10 secs are discarded from the total time. That seems to tally with a few samples from proper sites, so it'll do. You can always type the correct time in before submitting it if it looks way out.

Wine o'clock.... Offski. :wink:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,059
    all very nice but i think its time for my return you've all been slacking and im NOT impressed :evil:

its time daddy :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    itboffin wrote:
    all very nice but i think its time for my return you've all been slacking and im NOT impressed :evil:

still conspicuous by your absence.....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,059
    gbsahne wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

still conspicuous by your absence.....

oh i've been busy alright :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gingaman
    Here's to my first ever 1000 mile month. Hopefully can keep it up for the next few months :)
  • daxplusplus
    Nice one!

strava profile
  • daxplusplus
    Just put in the details of my commute for today - 1000.0 miles exactly for the month. I thought it was going to be close but that's waaay too close for comfort.

strava profile