Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    58 miles :wink:

Which is more than last January. I thought it would be less even with last winters snow.
  • Annoyed I missed the top 10 but still a good base for the year.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    iPete - monthly logging...? c'mon man. Thats not fair.

CJCP - Asprilla may have collapsed in a wheezing heap near Brentford somewhere but you have a new bete noir from WoT. Watch out - suburbia is comin' to get ya.

KevEss - do you commute every day without fail? Impressive numbers.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Why isn't monthly logging fair?

Saves the faff of doing that terrible spreadsheet every day...?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited February 2012
    I got slack and did loads of small Brompton commutes and lost track, its also far more accurate but I'll work on it... and it looks like it was those 90 Brompton miles that put me above you. :wink:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    okgo wrote:
    Saves the faff of doing that terrible spreadsheet every day...?
    If yer don't like it, koff somewhere else.

:)
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Nearly 600 for January. Happy with that considering doing no weekend riding at the moment. 75 miles down on last year but by door-to-door averages are up from around 15mph to 17mph (suspect moving averages will be up too).

No chance of matching last February's 1,000 miles as switching to more focused training to try and knock time off the Marmotte. Just got Graeme Obrees training book - think its going to be an interesting read.
  • clarkey cat
    because when periodically tracking your progress against other people to whom you may anticipate a similar mileage, and increasing output appropriately to stay ahead or catch up with your notional rivals, when those rivals dump lots of miles in one go it can throw your mileage 'budgeting' out.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    734 miles for Jan, and I'm happy with that! Top 5 as well.

Didn't really log my miles last year, well a half arsed attempt. Only did 316 miles last jan, but then didn't start commuting and hitting the road hard until June last year.

Target this year is one month with 1,000 miles. Wont be feb, Wont be march. I'm aiming for April or May :) if I do i'll be so happy.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Down in 92nd place. Things can only get better...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • sexysi
    sexysi Posts: 50
    Whats the link to the online spreadsheet for commuter miles again, I lost the link.

cheers simon
    "Oh, Edmund! Can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hands, a nugget of purest green!"
    Road = 1980 Raleigh Record Sprint
    MTB = 2000 Scott Vail
    Road = 2002 Peugeot c300 comp road race bike
    Road = 2012 Bianchi Impulso
    Car = Saab 93, MGTF
  • CiB
    Here, in my sig...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Strava says I managed 456 miles in Jan. Not bad considering the commute only accounts for 13.4 miles a day. Annoyingly the shite weather in Feb has severely curtailed weekend rides. Aiming to get out this weekend and next though.

Bring on the Spring/Summer!
  • Off the bike now (unless I hire one for the occasional day) for almost 6 weeks from Saturday :( Going to really have to hit the hotel gym/pool while I'm away to maintain fitness for London Revolution which is only 6 weeks after I get back...

But on the stats front, I'm up on the required monthly average to hit my 6500 miles target even with the 6 week hole :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • CiB
    FWIW it's half-term this week and we haven't gone anywhere so I'm going for the full five-day commute, all 205 miles worth. So far so good, and it keeps me on track for my 5000 mile target this year.
  • clarkey cat
    If I did the full five days worth I'd be 200+ too. Never managed it yet. Although often do more than 200 when counting in Club Runs too. But in out in out in out in out in out the same 20 mile route. I dont think I could do it.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm very happy with my slow build up to this year, a few more weeks of CX & mtb then it's back to the hills
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    If I did the full five days worth I'd be 200+ too. Never managed it yet. Although often do more than 200 when counting in Club Runs too. But in out in out in out in out in out the same 20 mile route. I dont think I could do it.
    With 20+ miles to play with and a wide & varied choice of routes there's no need for it to be samey. It used to kill me doing consecutive days when I first thought biking in might be a good idea, now doing all 5 is the test. Gotta say it's not easy though, up at 6:30 ish, not home till about the same 12 hours later.
  • CiB
    Did it; 5 days, 206 miles. Not a lot by some standards but it's done me in; I feel shagged. Next week's return to the routine of a couple of days delivering various boys to various schools and then trundling off to work at about 8:30 is looking decidedly pleasurable. Still. Top 35 now. :)
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    Did it; 5 days, 206 miles. Not a lot by some standards but it's done me in; I feel shagged. Next week's return to the routine of a couple of days delivering various boys to various schools and then trundling off to work at about 8:30 is looking decidedly pleasurable. Still. Top 35 now. :)

5 days, 187 miles and up early for a 100k ride in the morning, in preparation for the 200k+ next weekend
  • CiB
    gbsahne wrote:
    CiB wrote:

5 days, 187 miles and up early for a 100k ride in the morning, in preparation for the 200k+ next weekend
    Except when I did the same trick last October half term, it was a doddle and really quite enjoyable. This time it was hard going on Tuesday & Weds and by Thursday I'd had enough but couldn't face bailing out with just one day to go.

I'll have another go at Easter. Bike needs a clean & a bit of TLC though.
  • Last commute for 6 weeks... :( off to down under... :) was hoping to get to 300miles for the 2 and a bit weeks in Feb so far but lack of weekend rides due to weather put paid to that. However 952miles YTD is a 136mile/week average which gives me 6250 for the year excluding the Dynamo, London Revolution and the longer summer weekend rides (typically 70 v 45 miles), so still looking good for 6500+ this year.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    Except when I did the same trick last October half term, it was a doddle and really quite enjoyable. This time it was hard going on Tuesday & Weds and by Thursday I'd had enough but couldn't face bailing out with just one day to go.

I'll have another go at Easter. Bike needs a clean & a bit of TLC though.

It's the only way I have to get to work, so I don't really look on it as a challenge or anything else for that matter it just is, sometimes the going's slow other times not; even three years on I'm still ok with it.
  • okgo
    Quite. I do it to save money. If the train was free I'd cycle once or twice a week.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • aeon
    aeon Posts: 167
    507 miles and 10,029 ft in the last 28 days, according to le strava :) in 'south west trains' speak that's about £200 ;)
    FCN 10 - Crosstrail
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    A 1000 passed for this year.... Seems to be taking an age!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    130 miles up on last year already, happy with that. 7 miles short of 500 for feb, there is still time but.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • okgo
    Similar to Jan for me about 800 miles.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    4-500 miles behind last year, but better quality so far. Miles will start to slowly build up over the next couple of months.
  • CiB
    I'm pleased to be up, and consistent: 415 & 424 this Jan & Feb compared to 276 & 149 last year. On target for 5000 for the year, allowing for the ramp up as we move into longer days & better weather.