Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Don't think so. I was a second claim member with my old work's team/club.

You'll be better off with more quality miles. EDIT: went out last Sunday, just the four of us: Brian, Andy (a new guy), myself and Jzed. Yowzers. Definitely better than commuting miles.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:

You'll be better off with more quality miles. EDIT: went out last Sunday, just the four of us: Brian, Andy (a new guy), myself and Jzed. Yowzers. Definitely better than commuting miles.

Looking forward to some Sundays and possibly some Tuesdays as well; okgo has been twisting my arm.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Yep.

You were far quicker than me this time 12 months ago, I can't think that it's reversed in that time so you need to get involved! Besides you can break off when we go past your gaff. Until you buy a mansion in Esher anyways.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Starting smoking again at Easter is probably the biggest problem but the increase in miles hasn't helped.

Time to put a stop to both.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Back on the commute today after a week off due to illness. Can't believe I slipped from 1st to 47th in 7 days.
    Anyway, back on it now and enjoyed being out despite my chest feeling like a rusty cave of ragged lung flesh.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Asprilla wrote:
    Starting smoking again at Easter is probably the biggest problem but the increase in miles hasn't helped.

Indeed, I started casually smoking again last year (or was it the year before) after 5 years off. Quit on NYE and again on Saturday :oops: . That's it now as I have to get training for a LonJog in June. Time to be serious about the diet too as the A68 at 18st+ is not going to be fun.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Indeed, I started casually smoking again last year (or was it the year before) after 5 years off. Quit on NYE and again on Saturday :oops: . That's it now as I have to get training for a LonJog in June. Time to be serious about the diet too as the A68 at 18st+ is not going to be fun.

LonJog?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    London to John o' Groats perhaps
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    suzyb wrote:

Indeed, planning on doing the same event myself...http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/hpcjog-fridays-tour.html
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I might log my miles this year - can someone point me in the direction of the link please?
  • stuaff
    I might log my miles this year - can someone point me in the direction of the link please?
    There you go...
    http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats/Default.aspx
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Looking forward to some Sundays and possibly some Tuesdays as well; okgo has been twisting my arm.
    Did the Tuesday last night. Was hard and fast and got I dropped as we were coming back into Hampton. Realised afterwards that I was hungry 40 minutes into the ride, which was 1hr 40 after I left work, which probably explained it. Next week will be better. Get your rear in gear and come along.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    suzyb wrote:

Guessed that bit. Was curious as googled LonJog and seems an unusual route. Makes more sense now in the fnrttc context - Stuaffs HpcJog.
  • sketchley
    JZed wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Guessed that bit. Was curious as googled LonJog and seems an unusual route. Makes more sense now in the fnrttc context - Stuaffs HpcJog.

Yep that's the one
    --
    Chris

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    Right, I signed up last night. I'll try to update every Friday. I won't manage many extra rides but hopefully by plugging away with my 11 miles every day the miles will keep coming.
    I will have to try to get the family out a bit more often as well.
  • clarkey cat
    gutted I was ill for a week at the start of Jan or I could be mixing it in the 500s.

grinding out some good miles at the moment though. want to get ahead of KevEss.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    My years of to an unbelievably shit start i think i've done less than 100 miles so far and i'm sick AGAIN! grrrr :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    My years of to an unbelievably shoot start i think i've done less than 100 miles so far and i'm sick AGAIN! grrrr :evil:

It's because you actually have an allergy to Castelli :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    New PB in the Coffin and I did it on my Single Speed (yet to change gear this year!)

http://app.strava.com/segments/785402
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    First time back on the bike after 6 weeks away. 4.7 miles into work. Painful. I was aiming at 7000 miles this year, might have to reassess after a very low mileage January...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    just gets 1000 in for the month; was cold this morning doing it though
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    edited January 2012
    gbsahne wrote:

Very well done! That's my goal one month this year. Only another 270 to go :lol:
  • todays commute, once uploaded will see me on ~680, which is pleasingly abouve my target 550 average, knowing I won't be cycling much between mid-Feb and end-March due to trip to Oz (except in hotel gyms, but that doesn't count).

On which note... I plan to do some rides in Oz, going to hire a bike for a couple of days (and in Melbourne, might look at the 'round the bay' ride; 250km but all on the flat!). Do those miles count? I guess if people can log their Alp trips etc, then Oz miles are good for the pot too...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • sketchley
    I believe the rules are miles cycled with the ground moving beneath you (to rule out the turbos). So I cannot see why that does not apply to Oz miles.

On a different note, providing I get at least half way home tonight Jan 2012 will beat Jan 2011. So I good end to month from a shakey start.
    --
    Chris

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    willy b wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

Very well done! That's my goal one month this year. Only another 270 to go :lol:

Thanks, I had said I wasn't going to do silly miles this year, ho hum. Unfortunately though, sustaining a shoulder injury whilst playing on my nephew's X-box :oops: has meant that the planned swimming has had to take a back seat.
  • clarkey cat
    Too cold for the push to 600 this morning... stayed at home for an extra hour and played with the lad and had some scrambled egg.

Well done gbsahne. Thats some good mileage!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    151 miles with 9 days in the USA and 7 days off sick, pretty happy with that.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sketchley
    466 for Jan and 35 place (currently). Up from 454 last year but down from 31 place......
    --
    Chris

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    858 so far.

Might start logging too
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • stuaff
    648, slightly up on last January. Not a bad start....