Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    The missus is concerned I may becoming obsessed. Help.......

careful with that, the whining about never seeing you will come out once the weather changes and the opportunity to do silly night rides appear

I think this will happen much sooner...like this weekend when rather then going to her folks I stay at home to go cycling and t'pub for the liverpool game to watch Gerrard and Carragher pummel Torres.
  • jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    Working from home rest of week = no commuting miles :(

Good excuse for a ride round richmond park though :)

You can still commute - get up at the normal time - go for a ride - arrive at the office.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

careful with that, the whining about never seeing you will come out once the weather changes and the opportunity to do silly night rides appear

I think this will happen much sooner...like this weekend when rather then going to her folks I stay at home to go cycling and t'pub for the liverpool game to watch Gerrard and Carragher pummel Torres.
    I'm at stamford bridge for that... I'm quite nervous and angry
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jzed
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Guy I work with just said he's been offered a spare ticket - I couldn't sit in with a bunch of Chelsea fans who will suddenly adopt Torres as a Messiah despite having spent the last 18 months saying he's past his best and injury prone.

I can just see Carragher psyching himself up: "Torres- I hope to score against Liverpool, the only club in the world I want to play for, I love the club, I love the city, I love the fans". I give it 10 minutes before Torres is in a heap on the floor. Would be sooner but Carra has to catch him first.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Carragher's injured. I'm sure his teammates will give Fernando the 'welcome' he deserves...
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    StuAff wrote:

Carragher's injured. I'm sure his teammates will give Fernando the 'welcome' he deserves...

Carragher has recovered from his injury and is meant to be in the squad for tonights match against stoke.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JZed wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

Carragher has recovered from his injury and is meant to be in the squad for tonights match against stoke.

Oh no he hasn't..Suarez is in the squad though.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    From the tweets of Chris Evans
    For the price of Andy Carroll, you could buy three GTO's. My point precisely. Tried and tested pedigree since 1963.And they look good in red
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Clever Pun
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Guy I work with just said he's been offered a spare ticket - I couldn't sit in with a bunch of Chelsea fans who will suddenly adopt Torres as a Messiah despite having spent the last 18 months saying he's past his best and injury prone.

I can just see Carragher psyching himself up: "Torres- I hope to score against Liverpool, the only club in the world I want to play for, I love the club, I love the city, I love the fans". I give it 10 minutes before Torres is in a heap on the floor. Would be sooner but Carra has to catch him first.

I'm in the away end... will be surrounded and supplying plenty of vitriol
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Prediction? Torres to pull a hamstring after 4 mins, or start to cry because of the heavy rain that's forecast? Drogba to moan, huff and puff, fall over, moan, fall over, moan, but finally get a stinging shot on target at the death, only to be foiled by Suarez, who caps a glorious debut with a stunning save?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Prediction? Torres to pull a hamstring after 4 mins, or start to cry because of the heavy rain that's forecast? Drogba to moan, huff and puff, fall over, moan, fall over, moan, but finally get a stinging shot on target at the death, only to be foiled by Suarez, who caps a glorious debut with a stunning save?

Suarez should feature tonight... I doubt we'll have him on the line for set pieces :lol:

but I kind of hope Torres does hurt himself a little
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Suarez should feature tonight... I doubt we'll have him on the line for set pieces :lol:

Toying with the idea of jumping in the car and heading up to Anfield for the match - cash turnstile apparently :shock: . Tonight could be the debut of a future legend...

Or head to the park and keep the stats moving (just to keep on thread - sort of)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Toying with the idea of jumping in the car and heading up to Anfield for the match - cash turnstile apparently :shock: . Tonight could be the debut of a future legend...

Or head to the park and keep the stats moving (just to keep on thread - sort of)

No competition: Park. Far more important. Suarez won't last three years.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    SBezza I challenge you to make 1000 miles a month for the year, you have a really good opportunity here for utter stupidity
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    What's all this 'training' garbage I'm seeing on the stats? That ain't commuting.
    FCN: 6
  • mattomal wrote:
    What's all this 'training' garbage I'm seeing on the stats? That ain't commuting.

Thats why it's referred to as SILLY commuters stats :wink:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • jzed
    mattomal wrote:

Rule2
    Although the word Commuting features heavily in this competition, it is a race to do more road miles than anyone else in a calendar year. Thus, all outdoor miles must be added to your Stats
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Clever Pun wrote:
    SBezza I challenge you to make 1000 miles a month for the year, you have a really good opportunity here for utter stupidity

My mileage will come down a bit once I start doing more intensity in my training, though that is unlikely to be until March :twisted:

Once I start racing the mileage gets less as well.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    mattomal wrote:

Alot of my training is my commute home, I just don't put it down as a commute, I use the commute as my gentle ride in to work. Though I am off work this week, so it is all pure training.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    The rules are real road miles that is anything that rolls outside using pedal power.

FACT

Ps. CP don't be laying down BIG challenges now esp so early is the silly season, you know what'll happen now, you don't want another new years eve explaining to the family why you have to "pop out" now for a quick ride at 1am now do you?!

;-)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    The rules are real road miles that is anything that rolls outside using pedal power.

FACT

Ps. CP don't be laying down BIG challenges now esp so early is the silly season, you know what'll happen now, you don't want another new years eve explaining to the family why you have to "pop out" now for a quick ride at 1am now do you?!

;-)

Without trying to seem pedantic would going for a ride at 1am on NYE not actually be new years day so the start of a 0 miles for everyone?
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    chunkytfg wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

FACT

Ps. CP don't be laying down BIG challenges now esp so early is the silly season, you know what'll happen now, you don't want another new years eve explaining to the family why you have to "pop out" now for a quick ride at 23:59 now do you?!

;-)

Without trying to seem pedantic would going for a ride at 1am on NYE not actually be new years day so the start of a 0 miles for everyone?

:oops:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    itboffin wrote:
    The rules are real road miles that is anything that rolls outside using pedal power

There was an amendment in Jan/Feb of last year which permitted walking/running with the bike or carrying it.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    StuAff wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

So much anger.....

I can understand the anger from Liverpool fans though; it's disgusting how a bigger club can come in, throw a bit of money about and take away your best player...oh wait.

Bit of pressure on Torres now. Keane, Sturridge, Suarez and Bent all scored on their debut for their new clubs.

In other news I've a passout for the pub to watch. Get in there!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Clever Pun
    So much anger.....

I can understand the anger from Liverpool fans though; it's disgusting how a bigger club can come in, throw a bit of money about and take away your best player...oh wait.

Bit of pressure on Torres now. Keane, Sturridge, Suarez and Bent all scored on their debut for their new clubs.

It's not about Chelsea coming in and paying loads of money, it's about Torres wanting to go and the timing of the transfer request, still I think we've done alright out of it over all.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    Clever Pun wrote:
    So much anger.....

It's not about Chelsea coming in and paying loads of money, it's about Torres wanting to go and the timing of the transfer request, still I think we've done alright out of it over all.

Its the fact that a few weeks ago he committed to the club. Kenny was in and things were starting to move in the right direction. The fans worshipped Torres (naming kids, dogs, cats, even themselves after him), felt he was one of them, and he shipped out.

Anyways - watching the Torres Chelsea interview - he still doesn't look happy. Compare to when he joined Liverpool, or the footage of Carroll and Suarez.

Have read some Skyrtel comments and rumours Gerrard told Torres to f*ck off - so expect he's in for a bruising. I wish him well for everything he's done, but on Sunday he deserves a little retribution for the way he left.
  • tailwindhome
    Being a football fan is brilliant. Logic is completely irrelevant. Can't wait for Sunday.
  • jzed
    The odds for the first Liverpool player to foul Torres are: Jamie Carragher 6/1; Martin Skrtel 7/1; Sotirios Kyrgiakos 7/1; Daniel Agger 8/1; Lucas 9/1; Steven Gerrard 9/1; Martin Kelly 10/1; Fabio Aurelio 11/1; Glen Johnson 11/1; Jay Spearing 11/1; Raul Meireles 11/1
  • tailwindhome
    JZed wrote:
    The odds for the first Liverpool player to foul Torres are: Jamie Carragher 6/1; Martin Skrtel 7/1; Sotirios Kyrgiakos 7/1; Daniel Agger 8/1; Lucas 9/1; Steven Gerrard 9/1; Martin Kelly 10/1; Fabio Aurelio 11/1; Glen Johnson 11/1; Jay Spearing 11/1; Raul Meireles 11/1

Dunno

I reckon Dagleish might take a swipe as he runs out
  • first full commute of the year this morning, can I claim extra mileage for all the being blown sideways?