Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    salsajake wrote:
    It isn't worth getting excited about anything in the table in January!

Shut up. I'm in third and it's never going to happen again so I'm enjoying it whilst I can.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Asprilla wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

Shut up. I'm in third and it's never going to happen again so I'm enjoying it whilst I can.
    Exactly. I had joy unbounded when I was top of the 3LC thread leaderboard at the start of last year. Small victories :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Title can't be won in January but it can be lost.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Booya!

I'm above Rodger Merriman and just below CiB!

I haven't gone home yet.... :)

Am I the only one to spot that DDD's mileage (92.7) this year is Radio 4 on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? No? Just me then.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    salsajake wrote:

If you build up a healthy lead now, then psychologically the onus is on eveyone else to catch up!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

If you build up a healthy lead now, then psychologically the onus is on eveyone else to catch up!

and they'll crush you in summer
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

Indeed. Early breaks rarely stick. :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Very slow start to the year and set to get even slower with no riding next week but I'm still only one proper ride away from the top ten at the moment!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Just joined up - the first and only time I'll be in the top ten all year. :D
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

Indeed. Early breaks rarely stick. :twisted:

+1 more. That rotund female isn't singing until December 31. That said, you're only 320 miles behind SBezza, DDD. A few audaxes should sort that out ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011

sorry UE :)
    FCN 8/9 (I think)
  • Clever Pun
    it isn't over till midnight NYE
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Booya!

I'm above Rodger Merriman and just below CiB!

I haven't gone home yet.... :)

Am I the only one to spot that DDD's mileage (92.7) this year is Radio 4 on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? No? Just me then.

just home my self, and DDD is back where he belongs! ;-)

though as my normal route is only 8 miles if he can keep at it he'll pass my milage no sweat.
  • DonDaddyD
    My target isn't to be at the top, its a personal goal. Being above people I know in a league type setting makes it more fun trying to achieve that goal.

Anywho, I'm now in the hundreds.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

sorry UE :)

I was under no illusions that I'd be there for long. Any chance we could get a counter for scalps taken along the way? :twisted:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My target isn't to be at the top, its a personal goal. Being above people I know in a league type setting makes it more fun trying to achieve that goal.

Anywho, I'm now in the hundreds.
    Looks like you're going to scalp me before the day is done. I'll doff my cap in preparation :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Looks like Asprilla will overtake me at some point next week, although I do have a training ride and some MTB action planned this weekend
  • cjcp
    gbsahne wrote:
    Looks like Asprilla will overtake me at some point next week, although I do have a training ride and some MTB action planned this weekend

Yes, he's got an infuriatingly long commute.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    If it's any consolation I'm currently running, not cycling, at the weekends. However, this year I'm actually cycling in Jan and Feb, and signing up for the Dragon means I will be having some long training rides this year.

My target is still only 7,000 miles.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    (Still gonna ride though, I got SCR STATS to think about... It would just be nice to know that Central London/South London is fine dry even).
    It's ok lads. we've got him now. DDD - you've been Statted. Welcome to the rest of your life...

:)
  • Clever Pun
    I'm going to add miles just from basic commute... no silly extensions, just interested to see how far I go
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I'm going to add miles just from basic commute... no silly extensions, just interested to see how far I go

Yep
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. For me, this is about commuting miles and seeing how many I can conceivably clock up without purposely built in extensions (part of the reason why I know I won't be top at the end of the year so have set my personal goal).
    Food Chain number = 4

• cjcp
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. For me, this is about commuting miles and seeing how many I can conceivably clock up without purposely built in extensions (part of the reason why I know I won't be top at the end of the year so have set my personal goal).

But this is "Silly" Commuting miles.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

which is?

Mine is to do more miles than you :lol:

without trying :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    CiB wrote:
    (Still gonna ride though, I got SCR STATS to think about... It would just be nice to know that Central London/South London is fine dry even).
    It's ok lads. we've got him now. DDD - you've been Statted. Say goodbye to the rest of your life...

:)

Fixed it
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    Its amazing how much I used to actually think about the stats table, not joined this year but have just rode what I wanted, not making myself ride an extra few miles just for the table

Hopefully be able to resist the urge to join, although will be tempted when I do JOGLE just for the weekly mileage lol
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    cjcp wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

But this is "Silly" Commuting miles.

Indeed! Strictly speaking, we ought to be subtracting our basic commute from our miles and only counting the extensions :D

Now there is a thought. Extension divided by basic commute = stupidity ratio. I score rather highly last year 8) :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Stats are for life not just for Christmas

PS. As i said i've gone into mega stats overload just not anywhere you lot can see, it's very sad and i am seeking help.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • after 7 pints it felt like a good idea to try and beat asprilla on the london commute forum. After 25 1/2 miles and 1 p1ss3d off wife I failed miserably by 1/10th of a mile. Oh well maybe next week
    FCN 8/9 (I think)