Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    after 7 pints it felt like a good idea to try and beat asprilla on the london commute forum. After 25 1/2 miles and 1 p1ss3d off wife I failed miserably by 1/10th of a mile. Oh well maybe next week

I've never been an aspiration before. It feels weird and I'm not sure I like it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    after 7 pints it felt like a good idea to try and beat asprilla on the london commute forum. After 25 1/2 miles and 1 p1ss3d off wife I failed miserably by 1/10th of a mile. Oh well maybe next week

I've never been an aspiration before. It feels weird and I'm not sure I like it.

If it helps, you'll get used to it. It helps if you tell your kids. They'll then repeatedly call you the best cyclist in the world, and you'll eventually believe them. :mrgreen:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited January 2011
    JonGinge, can you hear the pound of Awesome in rhythm to the turning of my cranks. It sounds like a blur, the sonic representation of my turning crank as I eat up the sweet miles to catch you.

Can you feel the heat of awesome crawling all up over your back, clawing its way over your neck, flitering through every strand of hair until it reaches your scalp!

Tomorrow, you will see Awesome as my name sits above yours in the STATS league!
    CleverPun wrote:
    which is?

HJaven't decided yet. It's a tool to keep me riding and get me fit. Perhaps 2000miles for 2011.

Something humble and juxtaposed to the above.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Can you feel the heat of awesome crawling all up over your back, clawing its way over your neck, flitering through every strand of here until it reaches your scalp!
    Ew!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,156
    JG, I think you've got a stalker.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    CiB best get on yer bike today or I'll be having your stats scalp by the time I get home.

mwuhhhh!
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Long weekend in Florence equals 16 place drop to 33rd

grrhhhhhh

Extra Miles now needed......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Lancslad wrote:
    CiB best get on yer bike today or I'll be having your stats scalp by the time I get home.

mwuhhhh!
    No can do - not enough hours in the day until Thursday. Enjoy your short-lived lead until I whack out a quick 84 on Thurs / Fri and put m'self back where I was. Probably.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Can you feel the heat of awesome crawling all up over your back, clawing its way over your neck, flitering through every strand of here until it reaches your scalp!
    Ew!

does sound a bit "rapey" no?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    That was the intention, ya.

To describe the most creepy 'scalp'/STATS overtake ever.

It seems to have worked, Jonginge is now defending his position (moreso) on the Stats leaderboard
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jonginge is now defending his position (moreso)

:? Looks to me like JG's mileage is staying constant
  • DonDaddyD
    JZed wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jonginge is now defending his position (moreso)

:? Looks to me like JG's mileage is staying constant

Shush!

This might be the only bike related time I get to be ahead of Jonginge and can conceivably stay there for a decent period of time.

Don't ruin this for me!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It seems to have worked, Jonginge is now defending his position (moreso) on the Stats leaderboard

until the day has a y in it and he's not cycling
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

until the day has a y in it and he's not cycling

:)

You don't want to 'creep' past someone. Unless you know your own mileage isn't going to keep up...;)
    DDD: 2,000 for a year? Unless you're planning to ease up a lot, take a break from cycling....seems a bit low. The mileage you've done so far (good going, btw) would put you on target for 3k at least, and most people do more miles in spring/summer.....?
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    YES!!!!

I've taken Jonginge. No matter how brief this is an achievement, like completing Halo on my own on legendary!

YES!!!!

The word awesome* pales in comparison to how I feel right now!

But not the 'Power Awesome', that would be impossible.
    Food Chain number = 4

• CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    YES!!!!

I've taken Jonginge. No matter how brief this is an achievement, like completing Halo on my own on legendary!

YES!!!!

The word awesome* pales in comparison to how I feel right now!

But not the 'Power Awesome', that would be impossible.
    Pah. I was top once. Granted it was the day that the Stats web page first went up and it was just me, then just me & LiT on there for a few hours, but top is top.

Never been close since mind...
    :wink:
  • jonginge
    heeheehee
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    I hate you... :evil:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Now I have allowed you to pass me I get to overtake you again all stalker like innit. Now feel the fear!

mwuhhhhh :twisted:

Foiled today went over on my ankle running last night :evil:
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    edited January 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Yes, you're one of us now :)

I was trying to be non-competitive last year, just aimed to hit my targets and not worry about where I finished in the table. Pencilled in 5k for the year, that was clearly too easy as I went past 6k. But I still got miffed when I lost my spot in the top 25 in December (my own fault, should have made 6.5k for the year...). Target for this year is somewhat higher- 7k as bare minimum, 7.5 as sensibly-doable, 8+ at a push.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jonginge
    Hate the game, not the playa
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    extended commutes are back now that I've sorted the cold feet out
  • JonGinge wrote:

Can you two ease off a little bit? Have a rest for the remainder of the week and take PT

We are only 19 days into the New Year and with the current weather I cannot ride the sort of mileage I will be doing in the summer to stay ahead of both of you :x
  • DonDaddyD
    JonGinge wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    :lol:

:twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:
    Lancslad wrote:

mwuhhhh!
    No can do - not enough hours in the day until Thursday. Enjoy your short-lived lead until I whack out a quick 84 on Thurs / Fri and put m'self back where I was. Probably.
    And so it was, that the natural order was restored. Ha. Stick that in your pipe & smoke it. :)
  • DonDaddyD
    I'm chasing Jon 'the climber' Ginge.

Like Nigel Benn chased Eubank in the 90s.
    Food Chain number = 4

• straas
    straas Posts: 338
    (Temporarily) scalped both of you!

working on saturday does have it's merits - No Sunday club for me though so I expect to faaall down the table tomorrow.
    FCN: 6
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Seem to be getting addicted to stats - 603 miles for Jan (and still a couple of days to go), 17,000 ft of climbing, 40 hours in the saddle, 31,500 calories burned.

:? wonder whether should go for 650/700 miles.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Not that i'm playing ....but.... i'd be placed pretty highly

:roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.