Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Ok I'm an absolute fool, I've got to admit that I've managed to wipe everyone off the midlanders mini league. :( Yes I know, I know I'm sorry!

Can I humbly apologise and ask that someone could fix it? I promise not to mess with things I don't understand again!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Ok I'm an absolute fool, I've got to admit that I've managed to wipe everyone off the midlanders mini league. :( Yes I know, I know I'm sorry!

Can I humbly apologise and ask that someone could fix it? I promise not to mess with things I don't understand again!

I'm not sure anyone really cares :D

Has it been wiped or are you looking at the 2011 table, where no one has done any miles. Like me.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    Well I'm no longer a silly commuter stats virgin :D

/cue song 'moving on up'

:lol:
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    prawny wrote:
    Ok I'm an absolute fool, I've got to admit that I've managed to wipe everyone off the midlanders mini league. :( Yes I know, I know I'm sorry!

True. Though I did win all my mini leagues :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    First miles of 2011 logged :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I can report that I am very much enjoying NOT being a part of this years foolishness

bring on the weight gain 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny wrote:

Has it been wiped or are you looking at the 2011 table, where no one has done any miles. Like me.

Err good question :) Thought I might stand a chance of being in the top 50 of the midlands!

Its a good job you haven't started commuting yet I need to build up a head start. If you could leave off cycling till hmmm lets say July I might be within a 1000 miles of you at the end of the year (tortoise and hare stylie) :)
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    Wayhey! Top five :D

I'm fairly sure it'll be my highpoint though.

Last week being a full working week here helped. So there are some benefits of not getting a day off if the bank holiday falls on a weekend.
    Just Keep Pedalling
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:

Err good question :) Thought I might stand a chance of being in the top 50 of the midlands!

Its a good job you haven't started commuting yet I need to build up a head start. If you could leave off cycling till hmmm lets say July I might be within a 1000 miles of you at the end of the year (tortoise and hare stylie) :)

Funny you should say that, I've had a rough time recently so I'm sticking to the train until it gets warmer. If anyone needs me I'll be on the turbo :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I made a shocking jump of 23 places with my puny miles this week :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Not a great start to the year - had some chest infection thing which kept me off the bike for a few days, although I did work today which helps and has squeaked me into the top 50.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    The vast majority of my miles are not going to come from my commute this year, however, I used my Tricross for the 4.7 mile commute in this morning and I averaged 19.4 mph. I'm never going back to the hardtail MTB...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    your FCN score will be afflicted though. But agree, mtbs aren't any fun on the road.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm climbing the ladder.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    salsajake wrote:
    your FCN score will be afflicted though. But agree, mtbs aren't any fun on the road.

Sadly FCN is rarely a factor when commuting through Pompey - I hardly ever come across any worthy contenders :twisted:
    FCN 2 to 8
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    itboffin wrote:
    I can report that I am very much enjoying NOT being a part of this years foolishness

You'll be back :D
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    gbsahne wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

You'll be back :D

if his weight keeps going up at the rate it is at the moment he'll have to lest he replace his whole cycling wardrobe. :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    Never threw away my old stuff, i'm not that foolish.

My current weight is currently on loan, failure to make timely repayments comes with severe penalties.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • salsajake
    I'll have some excess weight please. Eating everything in sight to try and gain some, no sodding difference and I'm not even cycling at the moment. When I get back to 40 miles a day I'll have no chance. I suspect I will get as much sympathy on here as I do from the ladies in the office! Maybe I should have my protein shakes despite not cycling, but would that just make me fat? In fact isn't it impossible to put weight on that isn't fat unless you work out loads, in which case you need to eat even more?!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    edited January 2011
    Here's my stats from last year from dailymile.. averaged 162 miles a week... Not too shabby

Clicky

looking at it the holiday in august cost me about 200 miles and in jan and feb I hadn't started extending the routes...

I reckon I could nail 9000 but it's not a challenge I'm willing to take up anytime soon
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Here's my stats from last year from dailymile.. averaged 162 miles a week... Not too shabby

Clicky

looking at it the holiday in august cost me about 200 miles and in jan and feb I hadn't started extending the routes...

I reckon I could nail 9000 but it's not a challenge I'm willing to take up anytime soon
    I just looked at my report: C3, could do better. I like the section called 'Average Friends'*. Heehee

* Goes to listen to Them Crooked Vultures
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JonGinge wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Clicky

I just looked at my report: C3, could do better. I like the section called 'Average Friends'*. Heehee

* Goes to listen to Them Crooked Vultures

Same here- DM mileage is a bit lower than listed elsewhere, rounding-out different I think, but a mere 124 a week for last year. Will do better this year! CP, how did you find that summary? Couldn't see it on my pages, ended up editing your summary's URL to get mine.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jonginge
    StuAff wrote:
    Same here- DM mileage is a bit lower than listed elsewhere, rounding-out different I think, but a mere 124 a week for last year. Will do better this year! CP, how did you find that summary? Couldn't see it on my pages, ended up editing your summary's URL to get mine.
    Was in an email from DM titled 'dailymile 2010 Year End Report'
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • stuaff
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

It appears I didn't get one. Strange....
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jonginge
    StuAff wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

Odd. Not in your spam/junk folder? What have you got your preferences set to under Profile/Notifications?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • stuaff
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

Odd. Not in your spam/junk folder? What have you got your preferences set to under Profile/Notifications?

If it had ended up in the spam, I probably would have spotted it- I usually check for false positives before emptying it. Nothing unchecked in the notifications settings- I get the weekly reports OK. Pass!

Edit: Just got the email, half an hour or so ago.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Hmm!

My commute is soo short I never really bothered to use a computer/GPS and have been logging it as 3 miles @14 mins.

Used the Cyclemeter App this evening on my way in and it turns out my commute is actually 4.3 miles!!!

So assuming 3 commutes a week with an extra 2.6 miles i'm doing myself out of about 350 miles a year!

So from now on the GPS app gets used for even the short commute!!! :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • itboffin
    Er i've actually been recording even more stats than before but I guess that doesnt come as a surprise. :D
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Booya!

I'm above Rodger Merriman and just below CiB!

I'm after Jonginge next.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • salsajake
    It isn't worth getting excited about anything in the table in January! Table means nothing at the moment. Excited to do my first 2-wheeled miles in 2011 today though!