Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• @ Benno

You'll enjoy the Bwlch : fab scenery on the way up from Nantymoel to the south :

And it's pretty from Cymmer from the west as well : just a long relentless drag :

(much like the election coverage ....)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Cold....stuffed up nose....sore throat and ears....feel like crap. :cry:

CP overtook me and there was nothing I could do about it. :evil:
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    @ Benno

You'll enjoy the Bwlch : fab scenery on the way up from Nantymoel to the south :

And it's pretty from Cymmer from the west as well : just a long relentless drag :

(much like the election coverage ....)

Haha.

It's on my "to do list" - I was gutted about puncture number 2!

Should have taken a map with me - the way my luck was going I didn't fancy getting lost out in the back of beyond.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Attica wrote:
    Ooh it's all getting a bit feisty in the battle for 34th place! Everyone down to 40th vying for position.

34th! :roll:

But at least you have a life :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    linsen wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Ooh it's all getting a bit feisty in the battle for 34th place! Everyone down to 40th vying for position.

But at least you have a life :wink:

:lol:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Attica wrote:

Arrgh

I see you.

My problem is that I only have commuting miles *really*.

I think I might have about 20-miles that aren't and they involve offspring.

I will only update once a week though. (I think)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    @porgy thats beause cp is better than you - FACT! (does it hurt?)

@attica the burd is right dude!

@TRM that totally sucks and why didnt they wait for you?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    itboffin wrote:

I'm looking forward to see if he matches the 300 miles I've got planned for next week. 8)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Attica wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Yup, it's hotly contested....you're down to 35th atm, I'm now 38th.....

Since when did gaining two places equate to "down to..."?
    Oh hang on, I really shouldn't care this much should I?
    it has started me wondering whether 1500 in a month is possible ......

:shock:

No, you shouldn't care that much....nor me, frankly. I'm trying to concentrate just on my miles, not anyone else's (and even then aiming for 100+ miles every week and 5,000 for the year is still a little obsessive)....but I still want to get up that table. A bit. Or at least just hold my position. I think Lins got it right....think I still have a life......
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I'm looking forward to see if he matches the 300 miles I've got planned for next week. 8)

Fight! Fight! Fight! :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • @itb : to be honest I said to them to go : if they'd waited for me nobody would have got away til midday!!

Still wondering about 1500 though : it's got to be on hasn't it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173

Still wondering about 1500 though : it's got to be on hasn't it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes.

After you, you crazy loon :wink:

or looking at it another way: in March I did 1246 miles, but only rode on 3 weekend days (equating to 92 miles) So all you have to do is what I did plus some of your 100 mile weekend rides and you're there.
  • Hmm ... I missed doing a 100 on a couple of Sundays so there's 80 miles. I'm on 1150 and there's 3 days left of this month so that's potentially another 150 -180 if I pushed it ......

Tantalisingly close .... and with the extra day in July ...... maybe?

:lol:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    they've added a day to July?
  • 30 in April : 31 in July :lol:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • 30 in April : 31 in July :lol:

Would have thought May with 31 days and 2 bank holidays would be your best chance...
  • Yep - you're right Coopster but I've got the Dragon in early June and can't risk knackering myself completely.
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    hhmm 1500 in a month would be great but with an average of 48.3 miles a day everyday for 31 days would be pretty intense!

Bare in mind that there are plenty of people cycling touring around the world who quite often do less then that in a month! :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • will3
    Yep - you're right Coopster but I've got the Dragon in early June and can't risk knackering myself completely.

I see, so your mother in law is coming to visit in June and you plan to spend the entire time she's there out on the bike, right? :o
  • I know : it's a tall order and it relies on me staying healthy, being able to ride every day, no mechanicals, work, SWMBO of course ....

Trouble is I'm going to finish on 1300 (ish) this month and it just got me thinking .... which is never a good thing at the best of times .....

:roll:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • @will3 .. that is hilarious : have you met her?

If I had SWMBO's mother, Hitler and Saddam Hussein in a prison with only 2 bullets ............

I'd shoot the mother-in-law ...... TWICE!!
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I know : it's a tall order and it relies on me staying healthy, being able to ride every day, no mechanicals, work, SWMBO of course ....

Trouble is I'm going to finish on 1300 (ish) this month and it just got me thinking .... which is never a good thing at the best of times .....
    :roll:

Righto, I've not met you, I have no idea who you are, but if you do it once in the next 3 months, I'll buy you a case of beer. Or donate the money to charity for little fluffy kittens or something.

Obviously, we're talking reasonable-ish ale here, not something made from virgin's tears and in diamond bottles.

I'm in a training course... bored. See what that does for you...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Hi Davis :

Drat - don't drink : blast it - if only .....

BUT I am trying to raise money for the Alzheimers Society on the Dragon Ride.

So I'll definitely crack 1500 if there's some cash in it for the charity?? and I've a "just giving" account I'll mail you when I do it and it will be in the next 3 months.

And a genuine thanks!!

Anybody else bored and on a training course :lol::lol::lol:
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • davis
    Okey doke, seeing as how it's for Charidee... It'll be 50 quid.

Can I ask someone from the huge array of untrustworthy heathens out there to act as arbiter and see if this is reasonable:

If TheRunningMan completes 1500miles in any calendar month from May, June, or July 2010, then I will donate 50 GBP to his justgiving account (or mail it via carrier pigeon, or whatever).
    I promise not to be a muppet, and I hope TheRunningMan won't either.

Sound fair?
  • will3

Drat - don't drink : blast it - if only .....
    :

That's cheating!
  • will3
    salsajake wrote:
    Maybe we need a quality ratio to add to the table. Bonus points for:

miles ridden on roads never ridden before,
    interesting (but not dead) wildlife spotted,
    hours exposed to bright sunlight,
    miles spent on unclassified roads,
    distance ridden between potholes,
    friendly words of encouragement from fellow road users.

Any others?

I claim:
    a barn owl
    apparently whilst hunting along a ditch they fly at 15mph.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    will3 wrote:
    salsajake wrote:
    Maybe we need a quality ratio to add to the table. Bonus points for:

miles ridden on roads never ridden before,
    interesting (but not dead) wildlife spotted,
    hours exposed to bright sunlight,
    miles spent on unclassified roads,
    distance ridden between potholes,
    friendly words of encouragement from fellow road users.

Any others?

I claim:
    a barn owl
    apparently whilst hunting along a ditch they fly at 15mph.

they fly the same speed as you, so the noise of your bike skitting around scares little beasts out of the hedgerow and it spots them - you are its beater. Seen it twice, and got it on camera the second time - very cool.
  • itboffin
    I tried not drinking once, worst 12 hours of my life :shock:

1500 miles...! Have you lost the plucking flot?

I have another 1000 well in my sights this month however my target IS only 800, do I ignore my own sage advice and nail it? Or train smart and take it easy for next month?
  • @itb & davis :

Trust me ... it'll happen .... especially if there's money in it for the Alzheimer's Society!!

May even have a crack at it in May after all ...

craftily keeps July up his sleeve as an emergency fall back ........

and davis : that is incredibly generous - THANK YOU!
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • davis
    edited April 2010
    and davis : that is incredibly generous - THANK YOU!

No worries. You have PM.

Anyone else up for betting for/against* this disgusting display of effort?

*: No it's not really betting, and I'm not really sure which way's for or against :-)