Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    gbsahne wrote:
    Broke into the top 10 :shock:

Will have to do a road trip this weekend I suspect to stay there, especially as (fingers crossed) this will probably be the last oppotunity I have for one for a while!

Please no more miles this weekend, ill overtake you tomorrow if you dont ride :)

day off the bike sunday, not happy as need 275 miles in 5 days due to other commitments, it just aint going to happen :(

ill get the 1000 next month, epecially when I get new wheels :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Getting tired of waiting for HolyBinch to catch up so now looking for targets ahead of me to catch. Redvee is next :twisted: :wink:

You're not really trying on this catch-up lark are you :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB wrote:
    Chaos what's your weekend looking like? Your 0.2 mile advantage will have gone by the time I get out of the car park here. Hopefully you're in for a couple of days admiring your lawn growth, or the steady dehydration of that lick of paint on the garden fence. Hopefully.

Unfortunately not. I knew the slightly longer commute on Fridays might help and that 0.2 mile advantage was so sweet. Planned miles are: 20-25 mile round trips into Soilihull & Birmingham Saturday. And possibly a short ride to try my new SPD-SL pedals (normally use SPD) on my new bike Saturday. Then hopefully a 60miler Sunday. So that gap should have opened up again.

This is helped because I have already admired my lawn growth this afternoon. And watered it. And cleaned the bike. And no painting planned.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Oh dear.. I'm in. Adding that lot wasnae fun, but it gets me in to the top 100. Now I have no choice but to ride...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    andy83 wrote:
    Please no more miles this weekend, ill overtake you tomorrow if you dont ride :)

day off the bike sunday, not happy as need 275 miles in 5 days due to other commitments, it just aint going to happen :(

Need a rest day tomorrow, tonights ride was pitiful, maybe I''ll go running instead.

Sunday though....thinking about a 90 mile round trip
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    There's hope for me yet - just rang an LBS and they have a Tiagra Chainring in stock, I know I've got a complete chainset on order but I'm desperate!

Plus Mrs Benno has given me a pass to do the 80 miler club run tomorrow up the Bwlch - I wouldn't risk it with a slipping chainring!

Don't think she had bike fettling planned for tonight though :D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • gbsahne001
    so much for the day off.... what was to be a nip into town to pay the cheque in, turned into an off road excursion..... don't off road miles count as double?

Got 3 road scalps when back on tarmac as well, would have been a great ride, except I made the mistake of admiring the view at one point, whilst moving slowly.... over i went, cuts all up an arm and a sprained wrist to boot (at least I hope it's just sprained!)
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    Accidently did a century today :oops: ah well, nice weather for it, and as they say in the south "miles is miles"

3rd one of the month tho, woohoo :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    gert_lush wrote:
    Accidently did a century today :oops: ah well, nice weather for it, and as they say in the south "miles is miles"

i havent done one yet in 3 years of cycling :(
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    mkirby wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

Did my first in 20 years last week. Might well finish the day tomorrow with another one. And possibly two more next weekend!

Find somewhere flat, devise a route and just pedal for about 7 hours and Bob's your uncle :wink:

P.S I hope Gert is referring to a proper century; none of this metric nonsense :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gert_lush
    Rolf F wrote:
    mkirby wrote:
    gert_lush wrote:

Did my first in 20 years last week. Might well finish the day tomorrow with another one. And possibly two more next weekend!

Find somewhere flat, devise a route and just pedal for about 7 hours and Bob's your uncle :wink:

P.S I hope Gert is referring to a proper century; none of this metric nonsense :lol:

ha, of course sir, metric smetric, its all about the imperial century these days, none of this KM business!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CiB wrote:
    Chaos what's your weekend looking like? Your 0.2 mile advantage will have gone by the time I get out of the car park here. Hopefully you're in for a couple of days admiring your lawn growth, or the steady dehydration of that lick of paint on the garden fence. Hopefully.

Unfortunately not. I knew the slightly longer commute on Fridays might help and that 0.2 mile advantage was so sweet. Planned miles are: 20-25 mile round trips into Soilihull & Birmingham Saturday. And possibly a short ride to try my new SPD-SL pedals (normally use SPD) on my new bike Saturday. Then hopefully a 60miler Sunday. So that gap should have opened up again.

This is helped because I have already admired my lawn growth this afternoon. And watered it. And cleaned the bike. And no painting planned.
    Unexpected opportunity this afternoon so went out for a quick 20 to keep the momentum going, and turned it into a 50 by the time I got back. Nice. That shoves me up into the mid 30s. I see Mr Chaos looming large on the horizon though.

As an added bonus, that 50 sneaks me into the Top 10 for the month so far.
  • andy83
    gbsahne wrote:
    andy83 wrote:

Need a rest day tomorrow, tonights ride was pitiful, maybe I''ll go running instead.

Sunday though....thinking about a 90 mile round trip

Im off the bike tomo, villa game to go to and need a rest, well its not fair, I want miles :(

but im 8th! ok i know it will only be til tomo and everyone updates but im well happy :)

you still planning your trip tomo? how you feeling after fall, arms alright
  • andy83
    gert_lush wrote:

nice going, im hoping to get a few in next month, really want a 1000 miles at least next month, just going to fall short again this month
  • gbsahne001
    andy83 wrote:
    Im off the bike tomo, villa game to go to and need a rest, well its not fair, I want miles :(

but im 8th! ok i know it will only be til tomo and everyone updates but im well happy :)

you still planning your trip tomo? how you feeling after fall, arms alright

thanks for asking, wrist sweilling up, arms all red and shoulder really sore (but that could also be the off roading, not done it for a while); can't see me doing a long ride tomorrow, might just use the hack to run some chores.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ah lovely rest day yesterday, legs are super stiff today, still it makes a change to actually do something other than cycling :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    Ah lovely rest day yesterday, legs are super stiff today, still it makes a change to actually do something other than cycling :shock:

Heretic! :lol:
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Did the lfgss marathon ride this morning... cracking ride with closed roads. I did get up at 5 though... urrgh
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just scraped into four figures YTD today :D Now have to fettle some parts and look at the bike too :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:

Getting tired of waiting for HolyBinch to catch up so now looking for targets ahead of me to catch. Redvee is next :twisted: :wink:

You're not really trying on this catch-up lark are you :lol:

I was waiting for you to update your miles so I could see how far I am behind*.

Well done on getting to the 1k miles but I am 100 miles up on you so far this month and the same again next month will see me pass you :)

*and struggling with a cold that is still getting worse before pushing myself with miles again. Not done any miles this weekend despite the great weather :x

*and only 2 possible commuting days for me next week along with this cold mean I may not add any more miles to my April total :cry:
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Ouch.
    Managed my first metric century of the year on Saturday.
    No commuting today as a revenge.
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • Shocker on Sunday : cruised over to the club meet in Chippenham and proceeded to get 3 punctures : the first was literally as I pitched up at the meet : swear a lot and rapid change to get the second one in and then the valve comes off with the pump : swear a lot more : louder this time : the club group leave without me :

So : muttering obscenities walk a mile in cleats to Halfords to buy some more tubes and change to the third : get 2 miles down the road and that one goes too : threaten destruction to anyone coming within a radius of 10 miles of me : this time I call for the race car and go home as miserable as sin :

Scrutinise the tyre and eventually find a piece of glass embedded deep in the tread that's worked a sliver through to the inside : hurl tyre into the hedge : then remember I have no spare tyres : swap tyre and tube from the Allez onto the Roubaix :

Proceed to do 40 miles of hills including Clyffe Pypard, Hackpen, Milk Hill, Bowden, then home : still grumpy .......
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Ooh it's all getting a bit feisty in the battle for 34th place! Everyone down to 40th vying for position.

34th! :roll:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Attica wrote:
    Ooh it's all getting a bit feisty in the battle for 34th place! Everyone down to 40th vying for position.

34th! :roll:

Yup, it's hotly contested....you're down to 35th atm, I'm now 38th.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • gert_lush
    Shocker on Sunday : cruised over to the club meet in Chippenham and proceeded to get 3 punctures : the first was literally as I pitched up at the meet : swear a lot and rapid change to get the second one in and then the valve comes off with the pump : swear a lot more : louder this time : the club group leave without me :

So : muttering obscenities walk a mile in cleats to Halfords to buy some more tubes and change to the third : get 2 miles down the road and that one goes too : threaten destruction to anyone coming within a radius of 10 miles of me : this time I call for the race car and go home as miserable as sin :

Scrutinise the tyre and eventually find a piece of glass embedded deep in the tread that's worked a sliver through to the inside : hurl tyre into the hedge : then remember I have no spare tyres : swap tyre and tube from the Allez onto the Roubaix :

Proceed to do 40 miles of hills including Clyffe Pypard, Hackpen, Milk Hill, Bowden, then home : still grumpy .......

Bad luck old boy, similar happened to me a few months ago and I did the same, got very very very angry and swore lots, and then went out and broke myself on some hills, didn't make me feel any better but sure it did me some good somewhere along the line! Changing the tube always seems so much harder under pressure!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Back commuting again, time to chase down the top 10 once more, sigh.
  • :)

Truth is I felt like a complete novice missing the glass in my tyre : SWMBO was fantastic I must say as the support crew :

Given I missed about 50 miles off my total because of this it has started me wondering whether 1500 in a month is possible ......

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    StuAff wrote:
    Yup, it's hotly contested....you're down to 35th atm, I'm now 38th.....

Since when did gaining two places equate to "down to..."?
    Oh hang on, I really shouldn't care this much should I?
    it has started me wondering whether 1500 in a month is possible ......

:shock:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Bad luck RTM - I feel your pain.

The chainring I bought didn't fit but thought I'd still do the 80 miler with the club up the Bwlch and was really looking forward to it. On arrival at Maindy had a flat on the rear - no worries plenty of time to change a tube and borrow someones track pump.

Off we go, and within 1/2 a mile got another one! Told the group to carry on while I had a mini hissy fit!

Repaired the tube and went up to Llantrissant and Tonypandy or thereabouts.

The Bwlch will have to wait for another day!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    so much for my target thiis month. Just got back from spain thanks to the volcano.

Some extended commutes this week i think :lol:
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP