Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Weekly, but she had "half term" :lol:

Only another 5 weeks of them left of the course.
    us0.png
  • sarajoy wrote:
    Tempted... but rather soon after the last one eh!

Are they fortnightly classes FeynmanC?

I was also tempted. Unfortunately I've got some out of hours network maintenance I need to do at the office tomorrow. :(

Mike
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I... won't know until tomorrow, might be time I had some rest tbh!

So there'll be other opportunities that aren't tomorrow, FeynmanC? :P
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I've just been reminded of a previous engagement that clashes, sorry folks.
    How about a week tomorrow?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Sounds better for me tbh :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Early birthday drinkies :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    Saying that, it seems I am now free as a bird this evening, so if anyone does want a cheeky pint or two, then I'm up for it... I'd suggest the Naval Volunteer again, I like that place :)
  • FeynmanC
    Is that the one opposite the old duke?

What jersey should we be looking out for today and where is best to park the bike? I've only got a cable lock, so will someone be there that I can share with? ;)
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    Cool, so I have a drinking buddy then? :)

No, the one opposite the Old Duke is the Landogger Trow... if you head towards the centre from there, along the cobbled King St, the Naval Volunteer will appear on your left, a couple of doors before the King William.

And Oh Bugger, that's one thing I forgot, I have no locks with me! Silly me (don't need them when commuting, secure shed at work) - how long's yer cable? ;););)

If we find we're OK for locking, I'll be in this jersey: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ccm/content/p ... etition.en
  • sarajoy
    Well he's not got back to me so I suppose the date's off :cry:
  • FeynmanC
    PM'd you...damn work, getting in the way at inappropriate times :evil:
    us0.png
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    how long's yer cable? ;););)

Sara's chat-up line :lol: till the BF reads it :oops:
  • FeynmanC
    Good to finally meet up SJ and Redvee.

Bad news when I got home though. I found one of my cats down the side of the garage, barely able to move but when he heard me he made an awful meowing sound. Poor little bugger had been run over and who knows how long he'd been there :cry:

Just as well I had the bike or i'd not have gone near the garage!

He's at the vets now staying overnight, hopefully he will still be with us in the morning.
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    Aw poor thing! Hope he comes through ok.
    Nice to meet you btw :)
  • FeynmanC
    He made it thru the night, but the vet thinks it wasn't a road accident. He's got kidney failure, probably caused by ingesting antifreeze. If no improvement in a few hours we'll have to make decision to put him down :(
    us0.png
  • redvee
    Poor cat. Seem he is a victim of somebody prepping their car for the winter and spilling some antifreeze on the road and the sweet taste has had it's obvious bad side effects. My mum had to make that hard decision too. Not nice.
  • FeynmanC
    Nature made the decision for us - poor little bugger :cry:
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    Poor soul, sorry he's gone :(
  • FeynmanC
    I shall be in the Navy Volunteer tomorrow evening, from about 7ish til 8.30ish, if anyone fancies saying "Hi" and sharing half a shandy (2 straws, of course! ;))
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    I'm afraid I'm bowing out - for good reason though, the bloke's agreed to a dance lesson with me and tomorrow night is the night!

I know rocking-horse-shit when I see it, so I shall have to get boozy another time...
  • FeynmanC
    Have a good groove with Mr SJ, SJ, and hope to catch up another time.
    us0.png
  • attica
    Work have got me booked for a "work until it's finished " sort of a day, so I guess that my carrot is in the form of a swifty at the Naval Volunteer then.

What time will you be there until?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • I'll be turning up about 8:15/8:30 - probably there for an hour or so.

Nick
  • sarajoy
    Did you lot have a nice drink? Any plans for the next one?

Can't do tomorrow but may be convinced sometime in the coming weeks.... Or we could have a mini Brizzle Christmas wotsit? I'm not sure I can afford the time/money to get to London (cooked my car engine, I've had to throw a grand at it to get it up and running again)...
  • FeynmanC
    I shall be in the Naval Volunteer again, from about 7.30 til 8.30, as per the past few weeks, if anyone cares to come and make me look less foolish wearing my lycra ;)
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    To anyone who was around the two separate times I was sat with you cyclists, and Bear the street poet made up poems including Lycra... I've heard he passed away last weekend, possibly after having been beaten up.

RIP Bear :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlbB9gUF0M
  • attica
    That is truly sad news.

RIP fella
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    To anyone who was around the two separate times I was sat with you cyclists, and Bear the street poet made up poems including Lycra... I've heard he passed away last weekend, possibly after having been beaten up.

RIP Bear :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlbB9gUF0M

The clip was filmed just up the road from chez Redvee. Only came across Bear when out on the lash with sarajoy and enjoyed his works, whilst not in the league of Shakespeare he earned his money unlike the other beggars on the streets of Brstol. Have asked the people at PRSC if they are aware of his passing.
  • sarajoy
    Yeah I've not heard anything further about it yet but will let you know if I do.

I'd chat to him occasionally, first talked to him sometime during uni, so not long after 2002 or so. He'd been getting thinner the last few times I'd seen him anyway so I imagine he wasn't so strong :(

I'd heard a lot of his poems though sadly he's so soft spoken that I couldn't always catch everything, would love to have some of them written down for posterity... Apparently there was one rather sad one about meeting his now dead wife at night on one of the Bristol bridges.... maybe that's where he is now.

Poor sod :(
  • redvee
    He has passed away but nobody knows if he has any NoK etc. Had this email from chris Chauckley from PRSC.
    Yes he has… Not had toime to follow up… If you can find out details from JSH about funeral next of kin etc. that would be helpful. We can organize transport to the funeral…

Best,

C