Anyone up for a spin in North Wales?

Comments

• Elganesh
    Elganesh Posts: 143
    Off work next week so will basically be going out every day, so if anyone fancies going out let me know.

I'm off on Monday and Thursday next week if you want a ride.
    FCN = 4.5 Roadie, hairy legs, half a beard (say goateeeeee!)
  • jonah1
    jonah1 Posts: 27
    10 o'clock it is then, I've got around 2 hours
  • Elganesh
    Good oh, see you in a bit.
  • Elganesh, Monday and Thursday fine with me, what time and where do you want to meet?
  • jonah1
    dsmiff wrote:
    To be honest I don't know, we have only just joined the club, I would expect quite a good turnout as they get quite a few riders on their club events. A couple of friends from work are popping along and I'll also take the lad so will stick to the 50 mile ride!

Me and Elganesh are going to give it a go on sunday, see ye there.

Hope the weathers not to bad!!
  • Elganesh
    Elganesh, Monday and Thursday fine with me, what time and where do you want to meet?

I remember you saying you live in Sychdyn? I can come along and meet you there at 10:00 Monday morning. there's a pub on the main road I think if you want to meet outside there?

(edit) found it, it's the Cross Keys
    jonah1 wrote:
    Hope the weathers not to bad!!

Sunday's looking great weather wise, even better than today. I really enjoyed the ride :)
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    I'll be on a white/black carrera virago, my son is on a giant scr and will be in his Rhyl kit.

We should be doing the medium route.

I think we are also popping up to Hope on Saturday to watch a bit of the bikeline race.
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • jonah1
    dsmiff wrote:
    I'll be on a white/black carrera virago, my son is on a giant scr and will be in his Rhyl kit.

We should be doing the medium route.

We should be their around 9'sh, 1 red specialized and a trek madone.

Not sure what route to do really, think i fancy the medium.
  • Elganesh, 10 am outside the Crosskeys it is, see you there.
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    Evening all.

It looks like I'm going to be free on Sunday morning after all so I think I'll give the reliability ride a crack as well.

Elganesh, I'll be aiming to get to the leisure centre for 9-ish. If you want a lift I'd be more than happy to pick you up on the way over. Plenty of room for another bike in the back of the van.
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Elganesh
    pugwashcp wrote:
    If you want a lift I'd be more than happy to pick you up on the way over. Plenty of room for another bike in the back of the van.

Thanks for the offer pugwashcp, jonah1 is giving me a lift over but I'll see you there. I think we're doing the medium ride. Hopefully you won't have to nip back so soon this time!
  • jonah1
    Weathers looking excellent for the Rhyl cc reliability ride, light breeze and sunny spells.

Elganesh, will see you just before 8.30
  • Elganesh
    Brilliant ride today chaps and the weather was spot on too. That road through the forest was fantastic!
  • Elganesh are you still on for tomorrow?
  • Elganesh
    Yup, still on for tomorrow. See you at 10 outside the crosskeys.
  • pugwashcp
    Had a cracking time today chaps. Thanks for the company.

And I have to agree with El. The section through Clocaenog down to Llanfihangel was outstanding. I'll definately be making an effort to get out that way and ride it again.
  • Ok see you at 10.
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    Nice to meet you guy's, and thanks for the tow at the end. I was knackered when I got home, the kid went out playing :?
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • Elganesh
    dsmiff wrote:
    I was knackered when I got home, the kid went out playing

Typical! Fair play to him for getting round the ride especially after that fall near the start.

I got home and after cleaning myself up, crashed out on the sofa and started to doze. Not even England thrashing the French in the Six Nations could keep me awake!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I back home for Easter in a couple of weeks, so for three weeks I'll be able ride every day of the week :lol:

So as long as people don't mind waiting at the top of climbs....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • jonah1
    pugwashcp wrote:
    Had a cracking time today chaps. Thanks for the company.

And I have to agree with El. The section through Clocaenog down to Llanfihangel was outstanding. I'll definately be making an effort to get out that way and ride it again.

I did'nt get much chance to gaze at scenery, to busy trying to breath.

Note to self, must do more hill climbing!!
  • Met up with Elganesh yesterday. I had 58 miles on the clock when I got home. Went up to Eryrys from Mold, then on to Ruthin, had a cafe stop in Corwen, carried on the B road to the other side of Llangollen and then went up the Horseshoe. After that headed back home to Sychdyn. Good to meet one of the guys off the forum, nice day, good company and he can climb as well.
  • Elganesh
    he can climb as well.

You flatter me. Shame about the descending though, I need to work on that a lot! I suspect if the pace was upped I would be suffering a lot more and rapidly going backwards.

It was a great ride though going down a lot of roads I've never been on before and despite all those bumps and potholes my wheels are still true! I ended up carrying on down to Broughton and back home to Northop Hall in the end to get the mileage up around 70. I'm planning one last long ride (about 80 miles), including another attempt up Penbarras, before I taper down to the Cheshire Cat.

If I don't see any of you before I'll see you on the 29th! Has anyone had an email from kilotogo yet with all the details?
  • elevated
    elevated Posts: 126
    Is anyone going out this Saturday? (21st)

I'm in Chester and I've been doing Cheshire Cat prep, 75-95 mile runs on my own which gets a bit boring, so I'd love to ride with other peeps. :D
    BMC Pro Machine | Ribble Gran Fondo | Planet-X SL Pro Carbon | Specialized Langster 2008 | Ribble Winter Sloping | Trek 8000 | Onza Blade 2009

My site » AssosFables :: Assos news & reviews
  • Elganesh
    Elevated wrote:
    Is anyone going out this Saturday? (21st)

I'm working all weekend unfortunately but I'm going out on my last long ride before the Cat on Monday if that is any good for you?
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    went from llanrwst to y wyddgrug today and back , 90 miles 6 hours very hard ride ,
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    T.C. wrote:
    y wyddgrug

Mold? :wink: Far easier to spell....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • pugwashcp
    Can't make it out this weekend, family commitments etc.

Managed to get up to Llandegla on the mountain bike this afternoon for a couple of hours worth of fun in the sun. Haven't been out on the rough stuff for ages and it was berr-illiant!!! Topped off nicely with a yummy slice of coffee and walnut cake on the terrace and a fly-past by the Red Arrows.

I'll probably try and get out again next Friday for a spin on the road bike before the big one on Sunday. It'll only 30-40 miles but if anyone fancies it let me know.

Dragon-meister...I'm off the week after Easter. We've got my mum coming to stay but I'm sure I'll be able to sort a pass-out if you fancy a spin.
  • pugwashcp
    Can't make it out this weekend, family commitments etc.

Managed to get up to Llandegla on the mountain bike this afternoon for a couple of hours worth of fun in the sun. Haven't been out on the rough stuff for ages and it was berr-illiant!!! Topped off nicely with a yummy slice of coffee and walnut cake on the terrace and a fly-past by the Red Arrows.

I'll probably try and get out again next Friday for a spin on the road bike before the big one on Sunday. It'll only 30-40 miles but if anyone fancies it let me know.

Dragon-meister...I'm off the week after Easter. We've got my mum coming to stay but I'm sure I'll be able to sort a pass-out if you fancy a spin.
  • Elganesh
    pugwashcp wrote:

I'll be up for that, just to keep my legs spinning. 30 miles sounds good and not too many hills I think!

Are you going to be registering on the Saturday or Sunday?