February Training ride in the Peaks: Cat & Fiddle

Comments

• a_n_t wrote:
    "avoiding climbs"????!!!!!!!

Thats just not cricket! :lol:

and, living in macc, almost impossible…
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    thetrotter wrote:
    BTW be careful on the descent to Lamlaload. The left hand bend at the bottom of the hill is often wet and slippery.

Yeah, just a bit.
    Seems I can go down there a bit quicker on Pro Race 3's on my best bike than I can on Vittoria Zaffiros on my winter bike...
    Still, that grass bank on the left at waist height is very good as a slow-down pad :oops:
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Is this a cat training ride or can anyone join in. If so I'll give it a go. :)
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    all are welcome Tony :D
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    In that case, I'm there. Cheers Popett.
  • turns out that the macc wheelers' "circuit of the edge" ride is scheduled for the same day, so i'm afraid the club ride gets first claim on my time. that said, it's going to make our event and this one make alderley awash with cyclists. no bad thing eh :wink:
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    I was battered into submission on the cat on sunday. 30mph head winds up there are not good!! :?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    a_n_t wrote:
    I was battered into submission on the cat on sunday. 30mph head winds up there are not good!! :?

Whimp! :lol:

May not be able to make it now because of this: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12604434
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Due to the start times I am going to be doing this ride rather than the Macc Wheelers one, hate to be disloyal to the club but I had said I would do this first and I have to drop my kids off en route too. 930start in the middle of Macc not logistically possible for me.

Will be nice to meet you lot anyhoo!
  • a_n_t
    Bhima wrote:
    Whimp! :lol:

I know. My knee is giving me a bit of jip [had to cut short the clubrun on sunday :( ] So i'll see how I feel. Might ride out to Macc then head home, think it's overuse.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I had a bit of knee trouble recently and this sorted me out, you seen it?

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/articl ... rt-2-17445
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    will have to give this one a miss , not been out for 3 weeks now due to weather and holidays. will keep a lookout for the next ride . have a good one . tim .
  • I'm still going! :D
  • I was hoping to go on this ride but a 3 week chest infection that I am just getting over has put paid to that :(
  • have not been out on a proper ride for a few weeks now due to lack of motivation etc... :(:(

but so long as my night out this sat does not turn into a celebratory / commiseratory binge on valentines night...then I will be coming along too...
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Would love to be present on this ride. Completed 75 miles in the snow last Sunday which has left me with a stinking cold but if I can kick it by this Sunday then I will be there. I'll be the fat blintzer on a shiny Enigma Esprit (or maybe my beloved Raleigh 531c steelie which I fitted with a compact chainset and then realised I had a 21/12 8-spd cassette on the back :oops: )

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Anonymous
    so, so gutted, I never knew about this until Reddragon told me, but I'm going home on Saturday :(

So I'll have to do it on me loner tomorrow or maybe just do a flat 55miler.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'm still going! :D

Same here, coming back from N. Wales specially.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • willhub wrote:
    so, so gutted, I never knew about this until Reddragon told me, but I'm going home on Saturday :(

Why not just stay in Manchester?
  • redddraggon
    willhub wrote:

Manchester is not relaxing
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • willhub wrote:

I was meaning the "It's the holidays, lets run home to Mum" bit.......
  • Anonymous
    willhub wrote:

I was meaning the "It's the holidays, lets run home to Mum" bit.......

Ermmm...

It's not running home to mum....

It's cause I like been at home and it's good to do cycling in Yorkshire with Clifton CC too, it's a nice change after 7 weeks in Manchester.
  • willhub wrote:
    Ermmm...

It's not running home to mum....

It's cause I like been at home and it's good to do cycling in Yorkshire with Clifton CC too, it's a nice change after 7 weeks in Manchester.

Sorry Will, I didn't mean to sound so harsh.
  • a_n_t
    Bhima wrote:
    I had a bit of knee trouble recently and this sorted me out, you seen it?

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/articl ... rt-2-17445

yeah, think its just trying to go too hard too soon :?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Looking forward to this one.

Cheshire Cat is my first big ride of the year and with only six weeks to go it should be a fair indicator of form. Hoping to see the results of the extra commuting miles I've put in over the winter and my recent weight loss.

On a seperate note....I'll be driving over from North Wales if anybody needs a lift.
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Just spotted this thread, sounds ideal if I can be sure to be back home before 4pm, which I guess doesn't look like an issue... (gotta pick the parents up from the airport at 5.30pm).

Oh, and if I manage to fix my chain that snapped last Sunday...

It would be good to see some Macc Wheelers 'cos I am thinking about joining and don't know anyone. :D

Anyone riding up from Congleton looking for company?
  • Anonymous
    A lot of the Macc Wheelers are doing a Macc Wheelers ride called 'Circuit of the Edge' that day, which is actually more like a thinly disguised race.

I can't do that because of logistical reasons so I am doing this Forum ride instead. I look forward to meeting everyone :)
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Yeah, I caught that. You can give me the Monday lowdown as I haven't made it out to that run yet with the snow the last two weeks. :wink:
  • redddraggon
    pugwashcp wrote:
    Looking forward to this one.

Cheshire Cat is my first big ride of the year and with only six weeks to go it should be a fair indicator of form. Hoping to see the results of the extra commuting miles I've put in over the winter and my recent weight loss.

On a seperate note....I'll be driving over from North Wales if anybody needs a lift.

Look out for me.......I don't live too far from you when I'm back home....perhaps we can arrange a North Wales ride at some point.....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'm still coming too although I'm feeling very sluggish and I'm a bit worried that I'm going to be far too slow. I hope the weather is ok