Bloody hell - just added up bike costs for last year...

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Sorry Jen :oops:

I've shrunk it down into something you may find more accommodating. Hope this forum likes gifs...

madonna.gif

did you miss the L out there?

ENOUGH! Honestly, it's too early!
  • il_principe
    Jash is quite handy for that...

'Feeling blue about your spending on your bike and kit? Let me introduce you to Jashburnham...'

Oh God, I'm not that bad am I? :oops:

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    After reading this and the other thread about how many cycling clothes you own, i don't spend anywhere near enough on biking stuff. Wiggle's going to be busy this weekend :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Sorry Jen :oops:

I've shrunk it down into something you may find more accommodating. Hope this forum likes gifs...

madonna.gif

did you miss the L out there?

ENOUGH! Honestly, it's too early!

well at least one deviant got it... it's wasn't early when I posted it :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:

:oops:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

:oops:

hopefully this will spark a few google searches and some serious eewww moments :lol:

lgifs no... glifs...no
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I got it alright, but was simply too appaled to reply.

Clever Pun aka Smutty Quip.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I don't actually get it. What is it, don't post a picture I don't want to loose my job.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't actually get it. What is it, don't post a picture I don't want to loose my job.

you'll find out when you grow up... or ask your missus about it?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Lose, for FFS, it's LOSE.

Sorry, am in a very grumpy mood - this week has dragged on for ever - and I have allowed my pedantry to get the better of me.

But I still saying it.

:wink:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You still saying it?
  • Coriander
    biondino wrote:
    You still saying it?

Sod! :lol::lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2009
    Coriander wrote:

Sorry, am in a very grumpy mood - this week has dragged on for ever - and I have allowed my pedantry to get the better of me.

But I still saying it.

You know one of these days someone is going to tell you they suffer from a dyslexia where typing accurately is near impossible for them and it actually takes them a lot of courage to go online and engage with people because they find their 'condition' embarrassing.

When the above dawns on you, you should feel pretty shitty about yourself for your lack of tolerance and arrogance born out of the assumption that everyone should have the same competent grammatical and spelling skills as yourself.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Coriander wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    You still saying it?

Sod! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

I only thinking it...
  • Coriander
    As me.
  • Coriander
    As you.

Yourself is a reflexive pronoun.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Coriander, your myself's hero.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • oh dear.... £2k on the road bike then got fed up post Devil Ride and headed for the hils and spent another £1500 on an Iron Horse... add in the bits of kit and I reckon I'm at £4k total.... no wonder I'm driving a volkswagen polo with bald tyres.
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
  • biondino
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

But I still saying it.

You know one of these days someone is going to tell you they suffer from a dyslexia where typing accurately is near impossible for them and it actually takes them a lot of courage to go online and engage with people because they find their 'condition' embarrassing.

When the above dawns on you, you should feel pretty shitty about yourself for your lack of tolerance and arrogance born out of the assumption that everyone should have the same competent grammatical and spelling skills as yourself.

This might have more resonance (i.e. any) if it came from someone who didn't regular churn out grammatically and semantically ambitious 2,000 word dissertations on this forum :roll:
  • Jash is quite handy for that...

'Feeling blue about your spending on your bike and kit? Let me introduce you to Jashburnham...'

Oh God, I'm not that bad am I? :oops:

Nah, you're just a yardstick against which the rest of us can measure our own spending...

'I've spent loads on bikes and things this year'

'More than Jashburnham?'

'Yes'

'My god.... :shock: '

:wink::D
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Come on guys, this has now gone off the off topic topic...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    Also for someone who believes in "this is who I am and if you don't like it, take a hike", you're awfully bitchy about many other users of this site!
  • biondino
    I'm not referring to Jen there btw!
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    biondino wrote:
    I'm not referring to Jen there btw!

No. I don't believe I've ever told anyone to 'take a hike'...;)
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2009
    Double post
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    edited January 2009
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

But I still saying it.

This might have more resonance (i.e. any) if it came from someone who didn't regular churn out grammatically and semantically ambitious 2,000 word dissertations on this forum :roll:

Regardless of what or how much I write. My point still stands. It doesn't matter if I was referring to myself or someone else, the heavy handed correcting of what others write - and making an excpetion of them as you like to do me - is unnecessary, off putting, intimidating and rude.

I think your response shows you up for the pompous pr**k that you are.
    Biondino wrote:
    Also for someone who believes in "this is who I am and if you don't like it, take a hike", you're awfully bitchy about many other users of this site!

You really are pathetic.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,341
    Supernanny_cover_tiny.jpg

DDD and Biondino

3 minutes !

Naughty Corner! Now!

And play nice when you come out! :P
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • biondino
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

But I still saying it.

Regardless of what or how much I write. My point still stands. It doesn't matter if I was referring to myself or someone else, the heavy handed correcting of what others write - and making an excpetion of them as you like to do me - is unnecessary, off putting, intimidating and rude.

I think your response shows you up for the pompous pr**k that you are.
    Biondino wrote:

You really are pathetic.

Who knew you'd prove my point so emphatically! If you can't take criticism, maybe you'd like to hold back from giving it for a while.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2009
    biondino wrote:
    Who knew you'd prove my point so emphatically! If you can't take criticism, maybe you'd like to hold back from giving it for a while.

Firstly, you weren't trying to criticise me in any manner constructive or otherwise so don't try to take the moral highground. You were being rude and patronising. Your accusations of me being bitchy towards many other site users is also unfounded.

Secondly, my original point still stands it is in poor taste to feel it appropriate to come online and correct people on their grammar and/or spelling when that person may have difficulties in such areas.
    Food Chain number = 4

• biondino
    Okay, if we're being civil: yes, it would be presumptuous to correct someone's grammar if there are clear indications they may have a problem with dyslexia or similar. You are the opposite! You clearly take pride in your writing (and it can be very eloquently put, such as your paean to commuting) so why not take Cori's comment constructively. It's a common spelling error, it's not just you. Ditto apostrophes.

As for my original comment, if you're going to abuse my friends (without justification IMHO) then I'm going to fight their corner. Wouldn't you do the same?