Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Dudes (and dudettes) - I'm leaving London. Beer on Fri?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Huh? Where you going? We need details!!!!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Beer you say. I have some passing interest in it. :D

You living the bike producing dream, Roastie?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Beers are possible... yeah Roastie whatcha doing?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    Mr CP - it was my turn to be ignored this morning :lol: . I saw you crossing the lights north side of Tower Bridge when I was sat at the lights myself to turn right. I shouted your name, to no avail.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Mr CP - it was my turn to be ignored this morning :lol: . I saw you crossing the lights north side of Tower Bridge when I was sat at the lights myself to turn right. I shouted your name, to no avail.

:lol: bout time... I decided at the last minute not to got round minories as I was already late and the car overtaking me and turning left had my attention as did Queens of the stone age on the ipod

Maybe one day we'll share a wave... one day
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Roastie
    cjcp wrote:
    A "personal crisis" means that I'm moving to Bath. May be temporary or permanent, not sure. I'd rather not post the gore up here.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Roastie wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    A "personal crisis" means that I'm moving to Bath. May be temporary or permanent, not sure. I'd rather not post the gore up here.

At least it is a proper place with hills - enjoy it while you are there and best of luck with it and the business :)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    'Tis true, the topography is a bit more challenging than Battersea, or anywhere else in the south east bar the steepest bits of the Downs. Hope everything turns out alright.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cjcp
    Beer it is. See you Friday.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    mmmmm beer, I'll be along :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    IlPrince are you coming along you raging nancy?

:lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I can't, alas, I've got a stupidly busy weekend up in Ipswich so have to head up there straight after work on Friday.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Alas I shall be drinking in a suit from 12 on wards and likely out late - shame indeed!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Alas I shall be drinking in a suit from 12 on wards and likely out late - shame indeed!

you actually going to cycle at all this week? deadweight
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Clever Pun wrote:

If I can drag my sorry hungover ass out sat morning yes - but then another bbq starting at 3... Its not good week for me :( I did a quick 20 yest but that is alas all this week for commuting.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

If I can drag my sorry hungover ass out sat morning yes - but then another bbq starting at 3... Its not good week for me :( I did a quick 20 yest but that is alas all this week for commuting.

shameful
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Roastie
    @ rjsterry: Certainly looking forwards to the Somerset hills

Ok, stupidly I might not be able to make tomorrow (work). How ridiculous is that. The plant fell over last night, so repairs today and test tomorrow night. There is the possibility it won't be fixed in time. Gr.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    There are so many to choose from, but Bath to Wick via Lansdown Hill was one of my favourites from my teenage years living north of Bristol. Just don't get stuck behind one of the buses crawling up the hill.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    wont someone think of the children

366746839_1ad7c50a4e.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Clever Pun wrote:

Ah FFS. I could be tempted, but y'know the Cask has nicer beer and gets the sun in the afternoon...

I never did get that note. Right.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Clever Pun wrote:

Ah FFS. I could be tempted, but y'know the Cask has nicer beer and gets the sun in the afternoon...

The Cask may have nicer beer, but it remains crowded longer and has b*gger all outside space compared to the Morpeth, and what's more, it's a hell of a lot harder to find.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056

Does that mean your "tab" at the Morpeth has expired?
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • il_principe

The Cask may have nicer beer, but it remains crowded longer and has b*gger all outside space compared to the Morpeth, and what's more, it's a hell of a lot harder to find.

Pish and codswallop.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945

Pish and codswallop.
    Is that this week's special? Sounds intriguing
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    JonGinge wrote:

Pish and codswallop.
    Is that this week's special? Sounds intriguing

One of Dark Star Brewery's finest, I tell thee.

I haven't been to the Cask since it was the Pimlico Tram, but have heard some good things about it.
  • il_principe
    ketsbaia wrote:

I haven't been to the Cask since it was the Pimlico Tram, but have heard some good things about it.

GO! Interior etc is nothing special, but the new Landlord is ace, and the range of beer is the best I've ever found in London and changes almost daily. Most of the nicest ales I've ever drunk has been drunk in the Cask. Bloody typical that I wait 8 years for a decent boozer in Pimlico and one opens as soon as I move out of the area...

Food's pretty good too.

But yeah, let's stick with the 'Peth, nasty Youngs Beer and stalky bar staff. :oops:
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    ketsbaia wrote:

GO! Interior etc is nothing special, but the new Landlord is ace, and the range of beer is the best I've ever found in London and changes almost daily. Most of the nicest ales I've ever drunk has been drunk in the Cask. Bloody typical that I wait 8 years for a decent boozer in Pimlico and one opens as soon as I move out of the area...

Food's pretty good too.

But yeah, let's stick with the 'Peth, nasty Youngs Beer and stalky bar staff. :oops:

Not drinking until after the Marmotte, but I'll definitely be checking it out afterwards.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

you damn well did or it makes me look like a twat.. you chose not to act as you've got a girlfriend .. a jealous one.. there problem solved
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

you damn well did or it makes me look like a fool.. you chose not to act as you've got a girlfriend .. a jealous one.. there problem solved

Fine I got it tomorrow yeah...

feck