Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Reading that doesn't make it sound very sensible does it?

:oops:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    :? These laps. Inner circle?
    CJ and I went after work one day and weren't that impressed by the outer circle. Might be better now in the daylight, I suppose
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Should be there not long after 6 - if you see a bloke in a black and green Northwave jacket looking lost, give me a shout.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I will probably be there a bit before 6 so if there are any other takers for an early beverage, I'll see you there!

I'll be there 5.45ish Liv :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Should be there not long after 6 - if you see a bloke in a black and green Northwave jacket looking lost, give me a shout.

We're not that hard to spot... 'cept for JG who insists on going incognito and often dresses in civvies on Fridays... :roll:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Game on, and we're definitely sitting outside! :D

Well as you're doubtless spending the day mooching, I vote you get there early doors and bag some space in the sunshyyyyyne.

I'm not! I need to go to Bond Street and get my watch fixed... that's my task o'today.

But yeah, OK, I want to finish my book anyway.

you have a place on the tweed run... I sent you a text
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We're not that hard to spot... 'cept for JG who insists on going incognito and often dresses in civvies on Fridays... :roll:
    Tis true, I do tend to blend in with the crowd :lol:

Not today, though. On the bike and everything.

May need sunblock if we're sitting outside ;)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • MonkeyMonster
    JonGinge wrote:

Stand in the shade of CP and you'll be fine :)
  • _Brun_
    JonGinge wrote:
    CJ and I went after work one day and weren't that impressed by the outer circle. Might be better now in the daylight, I suppose
    No, full 2.8 mile Outer Circle laps. Cheeky git.

No idea what time they shut the gates (am guessing around midnight) but it's awesome to have the place to yourself. Literally, if you leave it late enough. Really quite surreal to be so close to central London but not see another soul.

Also noticed last night that the lights seemed permanently in my favour. Not that there'd be much point stopping anyway.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JonGinge wrote:

:lol:

It's gonna be fecking hot wearing tweed tomorrow...
  • _Brun_
    Clever Pun wrote:

Well as you're doubtless spending the day mooching, I vote you get there early doors and bag some space in the sunshyyyyyne.

I'm not! I need to go to Bond Street and get my watch fixed... that's my task o'today.

I could've had myself a VIP ticket for tomorrow, but alas, I have no tweed. :(
  • MonkeyMonster
    JonGinge wrote:

I was thinking that when sweating just riding in this morning in thin lycra - you guys are gonna be HOT. Do not envy... much :D
  • jonginge
    _Brun_ wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    No, full 2.8 mile Outer Circle laps. Cheeky git.

No idea what time they shut the gates (am guessing around midnight) but it's awesome to have the place to yourself. Literally, if you leave it late enough. Really quite surreal to be so close to central London but not see another soul.

Also noticed last night that the lights seemed permanently in my favour. Not that there'd be much point stopping anyway.
    No cheek intended :)
    Only been there once and don't really know the layout... didn't know the outer circle could be closed to traffic either
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jonginge
    JonGinge wrote:

I was thinking that when sweating just riding in this morning in thin lycra - you guys are gonna be HOT. Do not envy... much :D
    Will have to invoke no-sweat-super-pootle mode :D
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Well, I'll aim to be there at 5, I was planning on reading my book in the sunshine anyway, doing the same but with beer sounds like a good plan.
  • lost_in_thought
    I may well be both on the bike and in a dress - I'm trying to avoid repeating the ridiculous tan I had last year.

I'll be the only one in shimano sandals, though... :D
  • Clever Pun
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

go and buy some then...everyone else made an effort... lazy bloody northerners
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

go and buy some then...everyone else made an effort... lazy bloody northerners

Would also entertainingly clash colour wise with the beard v green tweed combo :D
  • lost_in_thought
    No outside tables! Dammit! Wil keep an eye out...
  • jonginge
    Already? Blimey, they're workshy round there!
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought

Got one.. Embankment side...
  • Clever Pun
    I'm already feeling cold :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348

Got one.. Embankment side...

Does this mean we're going to sit outside all ight no matter how cold it gets :wink:

What I'd do for some tweed right now
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Pah townies you have no idea :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    It was good to see a new face last night Steevo

Had an interesting ride home, instead of heading due south through Peckham I ended up in London Bridge via some very dodgy riding around the I-max. Then auto-pilot mode kicked in (I knew those trips up to Regents Park for club training weren't for nothing) and I pootled down to Blackheath whereupon a major slice of déjà-vu kicked in! In an exact replica of my journey home after Wednesday's club run I decided to mooch down to Eltham and jump on a train, only to get to the station just as the train was pulling out. Bollocks!!!! Oh well, time to mooch down to Welling where the arrivals board is missing, blindly jumping on the first train to turn up after a 2 mins wait, which just happened to be going to Gravesend. Randomly jumping on the right train two days in a row, I couldn't believe my luck, especially as I always have to change at Dartford.

I just love my home town on a Friday night, it's like Beirut on a good day! Luckily the locals were busy still trying to drink themselves into a coma! Still I turned down the offer to lend my bike to a bunch of pissed girlies, I didn't think 6 inch stilettos and shimano road pedals would mix
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Stevo_666
    Likewise Rich, it was good to meet people and put faces to (nick)names at last :) You all conspired to stop me getting a round in, so next time I come along the first round is my shout.

Sorry I couldn't stop longer, but I'd agreed to do child minding duty and made it home with minutes to spare before the 'rolling pin of death' was deployed :P I was a bit knackered after pushing it a bit up the hills of SE London, so opted for watching the Rocky Horror movie and dozed off on the sofa.

Hope the curry was good, though LiT may have started something with this 'chips marinated in vinegar' thing....

Steve.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Good to meet you Steve albeit v. briefly. Hope the rest of the evening panned out nicely in the evening sunshine....although I did feel a bit peculiar sitting on that side of the pub?

To further the unorthodox-ness......anyone fancy THURSDAY beers this week?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • lost_in_thought
    It was odd, wasn't it? Hence why I specified...

I can't do thursday - picking up the brother from LHR. He might enjoy the pub, but will probably be asleep within moments.
  • Stevo_666
    CS, I could drop by for a swifty on Thursday but probably can't get there until about 7.00/7.15. What time were you thinking of?
  • Well, I can be there from as early as 17:30-18:00 on Thursday.

Perhaps there could be some other thirsty people out there?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor