Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    So...
    The monkey is back on his racing banana - anyone for beers this Fryday?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    I'll drop by on this social club thing for the first time to put a few faces to names...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I could be tempted to put in a rare appearance :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I may be available
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I am looking at a London weekend, so it's pretty likely I'll be along if drinks take place...
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I am looking at a London weekend, so it's pretty likely I'll be along if drinks take place...
    You shouldn't build people's hopes up like that.

I'm meeting me sister somewhere called 'Clapham' tomorrow night. Looking at the google map The Morpeth is pretty much bang on half way there so I might drop in for advice on getting to the other side of the water (or France, as I believe it's called). Might have time for a beer as well.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    _Brun_ wrote:

I'm meeting me sister somewhere called 'Clapham' tomorrow night. Looking at the google map The Morpeth is pretty much bang on half way there so I might drop in for advice on getting to the other side of the water (or France, as I believe it's called). Might have time for a beer as well.
    Lit will be able to direct you to Battersea Power station without any problem. After that it's proper south innit
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    JonGinge wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Lit will be able to direct you to Battersea Power station without any problem. After that it's proper south innit

That's not true, I never know quite how I get there, only that I do.

In fact, my directions would be 'go to clapham, have lots of beer and try to cycle to Ealing'.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    My advice would be to avoid Clapham like the plague, home as it is to braying estate agents, grey chartered surveyors, and Croydon girls who think they're moving up in the world...

I may be on for a swift few tomorrow. But then I need to get home and fettle my tweed.
  • _Brun_
    Oh, that's the other thing: Seeing as my sister's here for the weekend and is giving me a lift up the M1 on Sunday, I could've made the bloody tweed thing after all.

I'm really not having a good week.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I'd be up for a beer or two.
    _Brun_ wrote:

And as it happens I'm heading off to Clapham afterwards so can show you the way to Sarf of the River. Though some maps show that there be dragons down there, I haven't actually seen any, so you should be ok.
  • Clever Pun

I may be on for a swift few tomorrow. But then I need to get home and fettle my tweed.

this although it's more likely to be called poncing your tweed

Brun... follow the A3 south..

that'll be a pint of guest please
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Might pop in for a diet coke or two.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Clever Pun
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Oh, that's the other thing: Seeing as my sister's here for the weekend and is giving me a lift up the M1 on Sunday, I could've made the bloody tweed thing after all.

Well at least Man U are... Ohh :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

:lol:

Although I'm hoping Benfica can do the business tonight...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

They should be able to do it with their eyes closed. Overpaid, clueless prima donnas. Imagine being paid 25k a week to be sh!te.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    I've just got home from doing three nocturnal laps of regents park - closed to traffic and absolutely fantastic. Was on such a buzz I even managed a completely unnecessary ascent of swain's lane.

Also suddenly discovered surprisingly competent no-hands riding skills which I never had before.

Happy times!
  • If ITB is gonna attend then I might pop along...
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

They should be able to do it with their eyes closed. Overpaid, clueless prima donnas. Imagine being paid 25k a week to be sh!te.

:lol: well said; in your faces... best british team in europe...fact
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    pfffft Fulham are better...
  • lost_in_thought
    I'm definitely in for beers...

Times?
  • Clever Pun
    pfffft Fulham are better...

we'll find out on Sunday... and hopefully May 12th
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    I'm definitely in for beers...

Times?

I reckon 6 - 6:30.
  • lost_in_thought
    Game on, and we're definitely sitting outside! :D
  • il_principe

Well as you're doubtless spending the day mooching, I vote you get there early doors and bag some space in the sunshyyyyyne.
  • lost_in_thought

Well as you're doubtless spending the day mooching, I vote you get there early doors and bag some space in the sunshyyyyyne.

I'm not! I need to go to Bond Street and get my watch fixed... that's my task o'today.

But yeah, OK, I want to finish my book anyway.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I will probably be there a bit before 6 so if there are any other takers for an early beverage, I'll see you there!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    A sandals day LiT?

Outside? Outside! Where did I put my armwarmers?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • _Brun_
    I am massively hungover. Might have to sneak a lunchtime beer in to get me through the afternoon.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I am massively hungover. Might have to sneak a lunchtime beer in to get me through the afternoon.

Have I misunderstood but - you did laps of Regents Park at 3am this morning with no hands whilst pished enough to be hungover by 10am?! Impressive (in some ways).