Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    That's the exact reply I'd post if I fancied a pint but wanted to see if anyone else was going along before I comitted myself.

In other words: It's a date! See you tomorrow x
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    A pint would be lovely. But it's never really just "a pint", is it? And I've got work deadlines for Friday, so think I'm out.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    I went for a pint tonight and had five. I think that's about par for the course, but at least it makes riding home in the rain less unpleasant.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    _Brun_ wrote:
    That's the exact reply I'd post if I fancied a pint but wanted to see if anyone else was going along before I comitted myself.

Haha!

In truth, i'm meant to be going out with an aussie mate, but it's her housemate's last weekend in London, so I may be dragged along to a resultant party, and I'd rather not, but I would like to see said aussie mate on her own for something a little less manic than the housemate's last weekend partay.

Mmmmmkay?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Friday anyone?
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ wrote:

Haha!

In truth, i'm meant to be going out with an aussie mate, but it's her housemate's last weekend in London, so I may be dragged along to a resultant party, and I'd rather not, but I would like to see said aussie mate on her own for something a little less manic than the housemate's last weekend partay.

Mmmmmkay?
    It's almost too elaborate to be plausible, why would you have a friend from Australia of all places? At least it's easier to believe than ITB having a beard that needs washing.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    StuAff wrote:
    Friday anyone?
    ce n'est pas possible. Prior engagement etc. Tomorrow is doable.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    No, sorry, I can't do friday either...
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    If anyone is planning on a trip to Ireland (north, south, anywhere) let me know - would love to do an Irish version of the Morpeth. G.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I cannot do tonight or Friday. In fact having checked my bank balance this morning I need to scrimp* just to be able to afford my plans for Friday.

*buying Rapha, Castelli and Dromati goodies all in one month is not a good idea.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Ho hum......Carb loading at home it is then...
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Busy on friday and the missus has forgotten her keys today so I'm going to be in enough trouble cycling the long way home let alone turning up past 9 stinking of beer :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Busy on friday and the missus has forgotten her keys today so I'm going to be in enough trouble cycling the long way home let alone turning up past 9 stinking of beer :lol:

So lessen the 'trouble' aspect and head home the quick way to let her in?

Unless 'trouble' doesn't mean what I think it means.............. 8)
  • Clever Pun
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

So lessen the 'trouble' aspect and head home the quick way to let her in?

Unless 'trouble' doesn't mean what I think it means.............. 8)

Pfft you've seen the stats table right? Got to twist the knife into Porgy while I still can :lol:

I'll probably just leave work early
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Cafewanda
    Oh yes. Forgot all about the stats. Carry on :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Oh yes. Forgot all about the stats. Carry on :lol:

if it is raining hard then I might take the quicker way as I've surpassed any targets I set myself this month :)
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JonGinge wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Friday anyone?
    ce n'est pas possible. Prior engagement etc. Tomorrow is doable.

mmmm, I may have a window in my schedule :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:

:roll:

:lol:

It's no use all you're doing is delaying the moment, plus I have a serious ride in mind for this weekend :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

:roll:

:lol:

It's no use all you're doing is delaying the moment, plus I have a serious ride in mind for this weekend :lol:

I know... but it's not just you behind me (yes I'm aware you've updated it recently) peter vj isn't that far back, I'd rather not open the door and wave you fu<kers through
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    So who's up for a freshener?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Maybe. Suddenly got a bit busy this afternoon. 6:45 earliest. Will need a lock...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    Maybe. Suddenly got a bit busy this afternoon. 6:45 earliest. Will need a lock...

I have a lock, you have PM :wink:
  • _Brun_
    I can be there about 7, by which time I'm hoping this shower will have passed. Have a lock, but it's only a little one.
  • itboffin
    It's not the size that matters :roll:
  • _Brun_
    ...and the moral of the story is: Never, ever refuse the offer of 'one for the road' from ITB, for the spiteful git will blight your journey home with curse upon curse...

Leaving the Morpeth at 9ish (I think?) with four pints in my belly, it looked like a decent evening after the earlier rain. Feeling brave (I'm rarely anything else after four pints) it seemed like a good opportunity to explore a scenic route home rather than the usual carnage of Traf Sq and Charing X Rd.

Fifteen mins after leaving the pub heading 'north-ish', I was a little surprised to be back on the Thames. After getting my bearings I decided that unless I'd unwittingly crossed the damn thing (unlikely cos doing so usually gives me a nosebleed), I was heading west. I knew west was wrong, so pointed meself in the other direction and boldly set off again. From what turned out to be Chelsea (spit) Embankment, I managed to get meself back on familiar turf via The King's Road, South Ken, and Hyde Park Corner - at which point I rode through the park for a laugh, by this point not really caring where it spat me out. Which was Marble Arch, conveniently enough.

Anyhow, getting through Soho was trouble free (always a relief) and I was smugly on the home stretch north of Euston Rd when I felt the squidgy despair of a rear wheel gradually losing the battle to contain air. Pulled over to confirm the inevitable (which was, inevitably, some sort of puncture) thought - or possibly even muttered - 'I can't be f@#king arsed to change this now', and walked the remaining two miles in an increasingly bad mood.

Putting a positive spin on things, at least that took the edge off being stood up by LiT, who is dead to me now.
  • itboffin
    :twisted:

I on the other hand sat on the warm train drinking more beer and wondering if it was in fact the weekend :lol:
  • Unlucky Brun.....that did make me chuckle though!! :D

Sorry I've been a stranger of late at t'Peth - work has been manic.

Hope to get down soon and also looking forward to some summer bevvies.

Did someone say Pimms?! :)
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • lost_in_thought
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Putting a positive spin on things, at least that took the edge off being stood up by LiT, who is dead to me now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dammit, I said 'provisional'. Quit yer bitchin'.
  • Cafewanda
    I get the impression he was 'mildly' disappointed LiT. The antics of the P Fairy would have been ignored otherwise :lol:
  • itboffin
    You ain't seen me right! :wink: