Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945

Cheap lager? At the Morpeth?

What do you mean James? That Peroni is a bargain.

Not.
    The guiness is as cheap as chips*

* when ordered at the fat duck
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm back on the bike and therefore might fancy a pint to celebrate and show off my sexy ankle
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'll be the one in 95 layers of cyclewear brrr chilly.

overshoes, buff, two pairs of gloves and two jackets this morning :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    I should be able to pop in tonight.

It's doubtful any newcomers will fail to work out who to aim for...

Depends what colour you're in - the black is almost understated... almost...
  • Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Has anyone explained the initiation ceremony yet...?

you've all read the thread from the start, right?

I've got the funnel.

Can you bring the hose?

And some disinfectant? IP usually has those surgical gloves on him, so we're ok there.

I've run out of gloves - so many new faces recently. I'll bring the industrial lube and the MTFU Tongue Shieldstm.
  • Darn it, having been to business travel to Seattle, Paris & Prague these past three weeks, I'm keen to tuck into some proper pints. Alas, I'm having a rest day at home coz I'm 'fing knackered.

Looks like a good SCR crowd assembling of an evening....there is an outside a chance I'll need to be in the office this arvo. If this is the case, then, I'll drop by for cheeky one or two...as I haven't been on the bike for a good week and half and have probably put a stone or so...I would be a sitting duck for scalps on the Embankment, the Millbank Wind Tunnel (MWT tm) would be my undoing and would end up heaving my sorry arse over the threshold to the Morpeth.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hehehe. Everyone is welcome. Though the ride there can be one of the more anxious you'll do. No one wants to get scalped en route by a fellow Morpether.

Best bet: leave work, engage warp 9.975, engage brakes at Morpeth front door.

Hmm...suddenly the ridiculously convoluted route through the side streets via St. James' Park and slipping in through the back sounds more appealing... :)
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • itboffin
    Darn it, having been to business travel to Seattle, Paris & Prague these past three weeks, I'm keen to tuck into some proper pints. Alas, I'm having a rest day at home coz I'm 'fing knackered.

Looks like a good SCR crowd assembling of an evening....there is an outside a chance I'll need to be in the office this arvo. If this is the case, then, I'll drop by for cheeky one or two...as I haven't been on the bike for a good week and half and have probably put a stone or so...I would be a sitting duck for scalps on the Embankment, the Millbank Wind Tunnel (MWT tm) would be my undoing and would end up heaving my sorry ars* over the threshold to the Morpeth.

No what's the word i'm looking for.....?

ah yes GHEY!

MTFU you big jessy :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    lastant wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hehehe. Everyone is welcome. Though the ride there can be one of the more anxious you'll do. No one wants to get scalped en route by a fellow Morpether.

Best bet: leave work, engage warp 9.975, engage brakes at Morpeth front door.

Hmm...suddenly the ridiculously convoluted route through the side streets via St. James' Park and slipping in through the back sounds more appealing... :)[/quote

They'll be no slipping in via the back passage on my watch matey me lad, you make you entrance front and centre like a proper cyclist.
  • Don't worry about bikes being taken the p*ss out of, I'll be on my hybrid so that should deflect some attention. Selfless, me...
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:

are you a bird?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin wrote:

ah yes GHEY!

MTFU you big jessy :roll:

Guilty as charged! :shock:
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

are you a bird?

This bird just wore lycra 3/4s and a shortsleeved jersey this morning. Must be nice and warm in Londontown!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

are you a bird?

This bird just wore lycra 3/4s and a shortsleeved jersey this morning. Must be nice and warm in Londontown!

that it is, just like calling ITB a jessy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

are you a bird?

that it is, just like calling ITB a jessy

Look just because some of us (me) leave the house when some (you) are just getting into bed doesn't make me a Jessy! just means I'm well 'ard - nails me!

although those 5-6 pints of G&T yesterday have slightly taken the edge off my usual Friday bubble, still only a couple more hours and it'll be beer Friday.

mmmm beer :D
  • itboffin wrote:
    mmmm beer :D

I'll drink to that!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • I may have cycled to windsor and be having a lunchtime beer in the sunshine admiring the castle.

How's work? :P
  • jonginge
    why i oughta. *shakes fist*

Edit: Maxima fettling work ok?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • :D

oh and I'm in an ss jersey, shorts and sandals. It's a lovely day!

Fettling good thanks, bar the rear brake which is a bit rubby. I'm going to bring it to the pub and all y'all are going to fix it. :D
  • jonginge
    There'll be a fettling scrum, I tell you. I'll just stand back, suck through my teeth and occasionally shake my head.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Jon could fix it, but the parts'll take three weeks to come through and in honesty you'd be better off with a new bike. Let him just get you a quote for that.
  • I'm working from home in slightly ITB stylee. Will grid my loins to do half an embankment later :D
  • jonginge
    I'm working from home in slightly ITB stylee. Will grid my loins to do half an embankment later :D
    Sounds painful MM
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • if you ask nicely i'll show you the scar later 8)
  • jonginge
    biondino wrote:
    Jon could fix it, but the parts'll take three weeks to come through and in honesty you'd be better off with a new bike. Let him just get you a quote for that.
    Three weeks? Can't do it in 3 weeks. *sucks through teeth* Tell ya what, got this luvverly castelli wheelcover for the interim...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    I may have cycled to windsor and be having a lunchtime beer in the sunshine admiring the castle.

How's work? :P

Not sure i've been playing pool and drinking beer, the BBQ on the roof terrace is almost ready as well, sweet :wink:
  • itboffin
    :D

oh and I'm in an ss jersey, shorts and sandals. It's a lovely day!

Fettling good thanks, bar the rear brake which is a bit rubby. I'm going to bring it to the pub and all y'all are going to fix it. :D

Note to self take extra jacket to Morpeth, no doubt we'll be outside for sometime :(
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    Three weeks? Can't do it in 3 weeks. *sucks through teeth* Tell ya what, got this luvverly castelli wheelcover for the interim...

swap her your 'nice' hack as a replacement bike while you fix the Willier
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jonginge
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oi. Less of the quotation marks :lol:
    Not sure how fixing someone elses bike would help, though ;)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oi. Less of the quotation marks :lol:
    Not sure how fixing someone elses bike would help, though ;)

if it takes you 2 years to fix it'll help
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5