Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• I got home without a hitch - didn't even get lost like I usually do! Hurrah! Unfortunately for my already-rather-inebriated self, there was some drinking taking place at home which I got dragged into. Blast.

Good to see so many people at the Morpeth, and to meet the new people! Hello! Sorry I forgot your real names!
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Special announcement: As I'm in the smoke Friday night (Orbital gig at Brixton), I might make an appearance at the Morpeth. Unless everyone decides to find another pub/run and hide/join AA........?
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Can't remember who I was talking to at the time but here's the vid of the one legged courier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOG83-TwIuM
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Nice to meet everyone on Friday, I'll be back sometime soon, but not this week.
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!
  • stuaff
    Who's going to be in Friday then?
    And is the food any good there?
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    StuAff wrote:

Shame on you regulars. You haven't taken him to the Millbank Spice yet... :?

"Tradition dictates that on a more successful beer filled night at the 'peth said SCR'ers fall out of the pub and are carried by their bikes (they're not riding them see..) over to the Millbank Spice for curry to help soak the alcohol and continue said successful (now curry filled) night."

Beer and curry, a combination so awesome I am humbled by it! :P
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I'm away, I'm afraid. Can do next friday though.
  • Apologies but I will unfort be celebrating my 30th tonight elsewhere but please imbibe on my behalf. We hit the curry last week DDD and the ctj was rather lovely.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    StuAff wrote:

Shame on you regulars. You haven't taken him to the Millbank Spice yet... :?

"Tradition dictates that on a more successful beer filled night at the 'peth said SCR'ers fall out of the pub and are carried by their bikes (they're not riding them see..) over to the Millbank Spice for curry to help soak the alcohol and continue said successful (now curry filled) night."

Beer and curry, a combination so awesome I am humbled by it! :P

I'm in London of a Friday night (FNRs excepted) more rarely than a very rare thing. So they haven't had a chance....
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'm saying goodbye to a friend who's moving to Oz tonight, so no Morpeth for me!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I've never been to the curry house...

I can't make it tonight, got some Whisky business to attend to
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    They're all pathetic and frankly unbelievable excuses.

I'm washing my hair tonight.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    I'm washing my hair tonight.

arm hair? that could take quite a while :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm checking to to rehab :shock:

odd name for a pub :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    Must be my fault ;)
  • I''ve got dinner plans and probably still in disgrace after making you lot get me shandy.

I don't care. I like shandy.
  • Though it was muchly amusing last week - great to put some faces to names too, I'm not around this evening - shall be ceilidhing elsewhere.

Happy birthday MonsterMonkey.
  • Apologies but I will unfort be celebrating my 30th tonight elsewhere but please imbibe on my behalf. We hit the curry last week DDD and the ctj was rather lovely.

You fell asleep in Millbank Spice :lol:

Happy 30th fella.
  • Nod - kinda shouldn't have gone really Morpeth let alone Curry, hence why I've been off ill all week... My state went rapidly downhill from Saturday onwards and not in a good way.

No scalps at all :(

Edit: Oh and thanks for birthday greets :)
  • itboffin
    Nod - kinda shouldn't have gone really Morpeth let alone Curry, hence why I've been off ill all week... My state went rapidly downhill from Saturday onwards and not in a good way.

Many happy returns, now then back to the whole curry house snooze shocker, tell me was it a full head on the plate affair or just the gentle head bobbing often to be seen on the late night trains - easy now Greg easy i'm not talking about that kinda bobbing you filthy old man.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Nod - kinda shouldn't have gone really Morpeth let alone Curry, hence why I've been off ill all week... My state went rapidly downhill from Saturday onwards and not in a good way.

Many happy returns, now then back to the whole curry house snooze shocker, tell me was it a full head on the plate affair or just the gentle head bobbing often to be seen on the late night trains - easy now Greg easy i'm not talking about that kinda bobbing you filthy old man.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

And there was me thinking public transport had nowt to offer!

Happy b'day MM, by the way.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    I would also like to point out to the assembled masses that Mr MM "senior" wears a yellow jersey :roll:
  • Ha ha, its merely a long sleeve almost fluor gore softshell :P
  • itboffin
    Ha ha, its merely a long sleeve almost fluor gore softshell :P

by fluor you mean yellow yes?

right so you know the rules get thee to the FCN calc and adjust your FCN team kit or pro jersey tour jersey of any kind carry a penalty.

:P
  • nice try, I will still take what hair you have :D

plus i only had it on cos was cold. don't normaly ride with it. create too much heat chasing down slow roadies...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Happy birthday, MM.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    It's Thursday and the beginning of a new month, anyone .....!

slurp :wink:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    No can do tonight, tomorrow though?
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    ooh ooh I'd like to come to London again sometime for drinkies.

No idea when though. I am quite sure you would all shun me anyway given that my bike has not taken me to work for nearly 6 months now.......
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    linsen wrote:
    ooh ooh I'd like to come to London again sometime for drinkies.

No idea when though. I am quite sure you would all shun me anyway given that my bike has not taken me to work for nearly 6 months now.......
    There'll be no shunning from me, Linds. There have been questions down the Morpeth lately of whether I actually do ride a bike and am not just some interloper ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides