Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    OSK and CP standing together don't look like "two dudes" they look like two mahooosive dudes one with loads of tats.

They have a combined height of several miles and are barred by law from wearing bright hats in case landing planes take a fix on the swedes.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg T wrote:
    OSK and CP standing together don't look like "two dudes" they look like two mahooosive dudes one with loads of tats.

They have a combined height of several miles and are barred by law from wearing bright hats in case landing planes take a fix on the swedes.

So it wasn't only me who felt incredibly short on Friday.... Wonder why I felt so aggitated, was suffering from shortman syndrome...

(Greg: It was actuall CP and Attica, I think... maybe OSK I can't remember)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

So it wasn't only me who felt incredibly short on Friday.... Wonder why I felt so aggitated, was suffering from shortman syndrome...

(Greg: It was actuall CP and Attica, I think... maybe OSK I can't remember)

it was OSK, Attica is more your height... small :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    CP, everyone must look small from that angle. ;)

I may feel short, but then I remember that you've got all that extra weight to carry up the hills, then tall = slow.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Don't I know it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Attica wrote:
    CP, everyone must look small from that angle. ;)

I may feel short, but then I remember that you've got all that extra weight to carry up the hills, then tall = slow.

Ooh ooh can that be my excuse as to why I'm rubbish at hills. And running.
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Well, he does check its still there every 30 seconds (minimum). Was glad I parked my steed next to it (taking care not to go too close) as I knew he'd be looking out for the Kona at the same time :lol:

He was out like a shot when we had a quick look at it.. I'd only half thought about playing with my keys near it :lol:
    From the pub it looked just like two dudes standing over my bike....
    I didn't realise it was you two.
    Wasn't me, I justremember you disappearing outside after someone folks entered the circle of influence of the bike to check it out. :D
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    IIRC it was me and CP

(didn't realise it mattered that much or I'd have spoken up earlier)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    BUMP.

I want beer tonight. Am sure I'll find an alternative if necessary, but having missed the last two outings I'd be up for the Morpeth. Can't get down there before 7 tho'.
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I'll pop by to say hi if anyone is going, but I'll need to run along promptly to pick up some toys from my LBS ;).
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Nope, sorry, this weekend is too manic to fit in any drinks...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Nope, early home for me. Dragon Ride on Sunday and I have a bike to fettle, bars to tape, hudz to replace etc etc.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Am off the booze this week, and having a quiet one tonight as the weekend is completely full! Have fun whoever goes.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've been hitting the black stuff a little too hard this week already.

.... I said black stuff alright!?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    itboffin wrote:

"Pint of the black stuff please."

"You couldn't drink a whole pint of bovril."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:

Enough already, I've cleaned my laptop once already this afternoon and I'm getting strange looks from my colleagues :D:D

Apart from the fact you guys are way too funny and ITB is still my number one re posts :lol:

PS: I thought we were keeping it a secret :twisted:
  • DonDaddyD
    Alas, I won't be able to make it tonight. I know, I know, its OK to cry...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Enough already, I've cleaned my laptop once already this afternoon and I'm getting strange looks from my colleagues :D:D

Apart from the fact you guys are way too funny and ITB is still my number one re posts :lol:

WTF!!? Has ITB been hitting Cafewanda? :shock: when did Cafewanda go to the Morpeth, is there a secret meet up that I don't know about? Like how LiTs and her crew go out on weekends with Linsen and crew and don't invite me because I'm fat and rubbish :cry:

AND!

Is Cafewanda black? You mean I'm not the only black person on the site! :shock: Well... finally! though I don't know how I feel about that... kinda liked being unique and special... I'm scared, LiTs hold me....
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :D:D:D :roll: Just like a man to be so OTT. You still unique, genderwise AND you have more hair than me, ride a 'proper' bike, can SCR, get home from the Morpeth in the time it takes me to get 10 yards down the road :roll:

Men can be SO touchy at times.................

.............. and it's not "hitting" :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2009
    Cafewanda wrote:
    :D:D:D :roll: Just like a man to be so OTT. You still unique, genderwise AND you have more hair than me, ride a 'proper' bike, can SCR, get home from the Morpeth in the time it takes me to get 10 yards down the road :roll:

Men can be SO touchy at times.................

.............. and it's not "hitting" :wink:

Depends on wherr the hair is located I think. I like to keep things shaven.

What bike do you have?

Can I call you 'sister'. :lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

WTF!!? Has ITB been hitting Cafewanda? :shock: when did Cafewanda go to the Morpeth, is there a secret meet up that I don't know about? Like how LiTs and her crew go out on weekends with Linsen and crew and don't invite me because I'm fat and rubbish :cry:

AND!

Is Cafewanda black? You mean I'm not the only black person on the site! :shock: Well... finally! though I don't know how I feel about that... kinda liked being unique and special... I'm scared, LiTs hold me....

Wooo dude your black!?!?! WTF :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    DonDaddyD wrote:

<feels totally ignored and goes off in a huff..
  • DonDaddyD
    moonio wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

<feels totally ignored and goes off in a huff..

Oh wow!

When will we be graced with your lovely presence?
    Food Chain number = 4

• moonio
    Have you only just realised this?? I have mentioned it loads of times!
    I don't know when I will see you guys cos you scare me!
  • itboffin
    moonio wrote:

Rightly sooo they are weird just look back a couple of pages in this thread, jeez!!! - you no what I think one of the Greg's might have even touched me in a bad place :?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    moonio wrote:

Don't worry, black people scare me too! :lol:

DDD in "not the only black forumer" shocker :lol::lol:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    itboffin wrote:
    moonio wrote:

Rightly sooo they are weird just look back a couple of pages in this thread, jeez!!! - you no what I think one of the Greg's might have even touched me in a bad place :?

Hold up the doll, and point to where he touched you.

Are you sure you weren't just flicked by his chest hair as he turned round? :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    moonio wrote:

Most of DDD's arguments will crumble to dust when he can no longer use the "I'm the only black person here so none of you whiteys will ever understand" line ;)
  • moonio
    itboffin wrote:

Too true...I thought you guys waxed!! Chests too!! That amount of hair should only be found on a persian rug imo... :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2009
    biondino wrote:
    moonio wrote:

Most of DDD's arguments will crumble to dust when he can no longer use the "I'm the only black person here so none of you whiteys will ever understand" line ;)

Firstly, I don't and have never done or said that. If I've commented about a particular personal experience and have argued that I'm speaking from experience whereas someone is speaking from what they've read or the impression they have gotten from the media, then it is just that personal experience and has nothing to with the color of my skin.

Secondly, I find what you've just said hugely offensive.

I can have a laugh and a joke with the best of them but I've long since grown tired of your frequent willingness to 'go after' and make exception of my ethnicity.

Too far. Much too far.
    Food Chain number = 4