linsen Posts: 1,959
    TIme out, gents......

Anyone for a cuppa?
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    :D:D:D :roll: Just like a man to be so OTT. You still unique, genderwise AND you have more hair than me, ride a 'proper' bike, can SCR, get home from the Morpeth in the time it takes me to get 10 yards down the road :roll:

Men can be SO touchy at times.................

.............. and it's not "hitting" :wink:

]Depends on where the hair is located I think. I like to keep things shaven.[/b] :shock:

What bike do you have? Trek T10 Hybrid

Can I call you 'sister'. :lol::lol:Sure! As long as you understand that I can call on you when I am skint or the bike needs general repairs or somebody has upset me at work and I want you to beat them up :D
  • Cafewanda
    linsen wrote:
    TIme out, gents......

Anyone for a cuppa?

As it's a Saturday and I'm here rather than cooking my dinner :roll: make mine a very large glass of white wine, Thanks :)
  • linsen
    Just poured some very nice Sauvignon blanc ove rmy keyboard - seeping its way to you as I write.....
  • Cafewanda
    Perfect! Having just imbibed 1.5 glasses of Lidl's finest Prosecco, I'm having a little trouble finding the right keys to produce words (heavy use of backspace key :D )

Your Sauvignon should just about finish me off ........................ AND dinner is now cooking so I'm forced to stay upright and closer to the cooker :?

Just found the bottle of salted peanuts so should be slightly sober after much nibbling :)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Seriously, DDD? Your ethnicity is clearly a very important part of who you are, but sometimes you throw it into conversations to give yourself some kind of "I'm the only one of us who can have had this experience". Sometimes it's relevant, sometimes it's not. It's kinda o_O that you didn't know Moonio was black despite her mentioning it several times.

You like being differnt to the rest of us (though the implication inherent in that is you see *us* as homogeneous and unable to call on that special something to add to our arguments). Fine. I'm not racist, not remotely, so all I can do is say I'm sorry you feel offended and it wasn't intended as anything other than banter.

I'll leave race out of it from now on.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited June 2009
    biondino wrote:
    Seriously, DDD? Your ethnicity is clearly a very important part of who you are, but sometimes you throw it into conversations to give yourself some kind of "I'm the only one of us who can have had this experience". Sometimes it's relevant, sometimes it's not. It's kinda o_O that you didn't know Moonio was black despite her mentioning it several times.

You like being differnt to the rest of us (though the implication inherent in that is you see *us* as homogeneous and unable to call on that special something to add to our arguments).

Attaching a very-much over used derogrative sterotype to justify your stance... I think all of the above is a lot to assume of a person if you've only ever really interacted with them over the internet - a lot of the time 'it' being banter - and never truly taken the time to sit down and had a coversation with them.
    Fine. I'm not racist, not remotely, so all I can do is say I'm sorry you feel offended and it wasn't intended as anything other than banter.

I'll leave race out of it from now on.

Thank you.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    Glad that is sorted.... :D
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Wow - we went OT here for a bit didn't we!

Getting things back on track, anyone for a beer/wine/coke etc tonight? Blondie and DDD should both come along, kiss and make up. Moonio, Wanda - be nice to put names to faces if you fancy a drink?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yeah, I can do, but definitely need to get up to Essex
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Blondie and DDD should both come along, kiss and make up.

I'm not gay! (also I think we already made up. With sexy results)

Have fun you lot. I'm off to a Young Person's Festival this afternoon, where I shall no doubt sit on a deckchair with a handkerchief on my head tutting about the so-called "music" which is far too loud and they call that a tune? And put some clothes on young lady - IS THAT CIDER?
  • il_principe
    gumby3.jpg

Is that the yokel branch of the Hitler Youth?
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Count me in for two or three (ok, four at a push), but I'm doing London to Bletchley and back tomorrow which is gonna involve leaving the house at 8.

Usual time for me, 7ish.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2009
    Mmmm maybe... see how the day goes...

Edit: Checks wallet.... dead butterfly, folded piece of paper... 1p, 2p, a £100 monopoly note, 2 £2 coins....

Damn 50p in the £1 tax bracket... when's pay day?

Still a possible yes, for one or two and then soft drinks thereafter.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    i'm there dudes and dudettes
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    I'll probably give this thread the kiss of death, but is anyone else up for beers tonight?
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    So:

DDD
    ITB
    Lits
    Brun
    Me

Hardcore!
  • DonDaddyD
    So:

DDD - possibly
    ITB
    Lits
    Brun
    Me

Hardcore!

Fixed that up for you.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So:

DDD - possibly
    ITB - New Shoes!!!
    Lits
    Brun
    Me

Hardcore!

Fixed that up for you.

Ghey DDD Ghey
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So:

DDD - possibly
    ITB - New Shoes!!!
    Lits
    Brun
    Me

Hardcore!

Fixed that up for you.

Ghey DDD Ghey

I refer you to this:
    Edit: Checks wallet.... dead butterfly, folded piece of paper... 1p, 2p, a £100 monopoly note, 2 £2 coins....

Damn 50p in the £1 tax bracket... when's pay day?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Have fun you lot. I will be on a plane reluctantly returning to Londinium while you all have beerz. Pah. What's the weather like?

There is very little evidence of SCRing in Florida, I can report. Although I spotted a few tarty roadies in Miami.
  • itboffin
    Have fun you lot. I will be on a plane reluctantly returning to Londinium while you all have beerz. Pah. What's the weather like?

There is very little evidence of SCRing in Florida, I can report. Although I spotted a few tarty roadies in Miami.

Hot damn hot, oh you meant the weather! right... :wink:
  • itboffin
    Cycle surgery have TDF yellow jerseys in stock right now!!! who will by me a pint if I turn up this evening wearing one?

:roll:
  • No can do this evening - working from the Tooting office today and mentally priming myself for the London to Brigton on Sunday.

Weather has been very nice of late, TN.

Enjoy the beers all. :D
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • il_principe
    No can do this evening - working from the Tooting office today and mentally priming myself for the London to Brigton on Sunday.

You're gonna need a lot of mental priming, the L2B is a chuffing nightmare. :shock:
  • No can do this evening - working from the Tooting office today and mentally priming myself for the London to Brigton on Sunday.

You're gonna need a lot of mental priming, the L2B is a chuffing nightmare. :shock:

Yes Jash, I did mean the double meaning both mileage and the hordes! TN & LBaguley gave me the dire warning at MA drinks some weeks ago! At least I am mentally prepared for the frustration. I am thinking of investing in a:

loudhaler120.jpg

GET OUT OF MY WAY!! :D
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • il_principe

Yes Jash, I did mean the double meaning both mileage and the hordes! TN & LBaguley gave me the dire warning at MA drinks some weeks ago! At least I am mentally prepared for the frustration. I am thinking of investing in a:

loudhaler120.jpg

GET OUT OF MY WAY!! :D

What you really need is one of these:

cattle_prod.jpg
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Sorry, can't make it - its the boy's birthday this weekend and I have to assemble his present which has just arrived in a large box.

luath700.jpg

Meant to pick up some orange Knog lights at Condor but totally forgot :oops:

Anyhow, that's the whole family sorted :)
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Sorry, can't make it - its the boy's birthday this weekend and I have to assemble his present which has just arrived in a large box.

luath700.jpg

Meant to pick up some orange Knog lights at Condor but totally forgot :oops:

Anyhow, that's the whole family sorted :)

Good choice. 8)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A