Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,606

daniel_b said:

Finally managed to bag a 7Mesh Oro jacket in XS, and for half rrp :-)
    Have been sold out for AGES seemingly everywhere.

Will probably sell on an Assos jacket of similar weight - or should do anyway.

You do realise it's black?
    Oh I do, but I'm bound to have something yellow on elsewhere, or be on a black and yellow bike, so it's all good B)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    33T chainring for the winter bike, spinning for the winning

And some wheel bearings
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

daniel_b said:

and resembles a leather jacket.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056

Cancelled that order, and went with 2 pairs of Sintered and 2 pairs mix from gorrilla brakes, and i grabbed a single set of the swissstop 34rs's from fleabay.

Just as well I went for a mixed bag - I hadn't realised the bike had come from the shop with a L02 resin front and a K03 sintered rear
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    edited March 2020
    2 x 38mm Schwalbe G One All Road for the 'gravel' bike. With the tan side walls.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Some Ultegra 8000 rim brake calipers from Ebay. Hoping they will provide a bit more clearance than my 6800 calipers and in particular solve the problem I've always had with them of little stones getting jammed under the rear brake.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Longshot said:

2 x 38mm Schwalbe G One All Road for the 'gravel' bike. With the tan side walls.

They are one of the few things I love about my Boardman ADV.
  • daniel_b
    elbowloh said:

daniel_b said:

and resembles a leather jacket.
    lol, yes it does, I could go all Steve McQueen perhaps :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • wolfsbane2k
    DHB Troika MTB shoes from wiggle.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    mrfpb said:

Longshot said:

Not a fan? A friend of mine has one and it looks a decent enough bike.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Longshot said:

mrfpb said:

Longshot said:

Not a fan? A friend of mine has one and it looks a decent enough bike.
    After 300 miles the front brakes stopped working - pads bare, rear pads almost bare. I got my free Halfords service which failed to pick up that the chain was worn past the "replace now" point. Small chainring was bent towards the big ring (probably a contirbutor to chain wear) and I couldn't find a replacement in the UK. But I was not getting on with the Super Compact set up anyway, so chose to transfer my cross chainset (46/34) from my other bike.

Tyres are great though.

I am considering getting some 650B wheels for next winter, then having the 700 wheel set up with ice tyres on standby.
  • daniel_b
    edited March 2020
    Castelli midweight jersey, basically half price (@£47) after cashback from Merlin cycles.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • I’ve been panic buying. New bike Giant TCR advanced Pro 0 disc. Nice blue one. Was tough not getting to ride it to work this morning. The winter bike does not look nearly as good.

Don’t GP5000 tubeless 28s to fit on new bike. Hope the clearance is good, should be.

New Look Keo Carbon max for the new bike. Shoved blades on it for the moment but I prefer the max version.

Need to panic buy some more bottle cages and bottles today.

Feel the need to panic buy 11 speed chains in case of shortage once we get to the Mad Max stage.
  • itboffin
    Wahoo KICKR core
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin said:

Wahoo KICKR core

££?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 221
    borrowed some rollers, I should probably panic buy bandages :smile:
  • daniel_b
    edited March 2020
    edward.s said:

Good luck with that one!

Do report back ;-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    edward.s said:

or you could surround yourself with a ring of toilet rolls ;)
  • itboffin
    edited March 2020
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

Wahoo KICKR core

££?
    £674 from Sigma i think it was the last one as well, have a search and you'll see turbo trainers are in demand

The way I figure it is as i'm not going into the office at all i'm saving £50-60 a week on fuel plus whatever on food etc, i'd say £100 a week. including the time i've been at home already it'll 6 weeks before I go back to the office.

A free turbo trainer pretty much
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

Wahoo KICKR core

££?
    £674 from Sigma i think it was the last one as well, have a search and you'll see turbo trainers are in demand

The way I figure it is as i'm not going into the office at all i'm saving £50-60 a week on fuel plus whatever on food etc, i'd say £100 a week. including the time i've been at home already it'll 6 weeks before I go back to the office.

A free turbo trainer pretty much
    My kind of accounting! Don’t forget the extra time gained by not commuting allowing you more time to use it!

• tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Kickr Core from Cotswoldoutdoors for £629 to replace my twice broken Elite Drivo
  • itboffin
    tincaman said:

Kickr Core from Cotswoldoutdoors for £629 to replace my twice broken Elite Drivo

Good bargain hunting i cant see that on their website
  • itboffin
    for anyone that's interested i'll be selling my Tacx Vortex smart once the kickr arrives, the classifieds section on here is dog poo now so i'll most likely be putting it on fleabay unless someone wants to make me an offer first.
  • tincaman
    itboffin said:

tincaman said:

Yes, its gone now, I just checked. I used a code AF-TOTUM-C1 which gave me the money off, works on the standard Kickr too
  • tincaman
    tincaman said:

itboffin said:

tincaman said:

Yes, its gone now, I just checked. I used a code AF-TOTUM-C1 which gave me the money off, works on the standard Kickr too
    I used a Google Chrome extension called Honey, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/honey/bmnlcjabgnpnenekpadlanbbkooimhnj?hl=en
    which shows any promotional codes when you get to the checkout.
  • itboffin
    ah okay, that why i couldnt see stock. I tell ya turbo trainers are the new loo roll, get em while you can
  • daniel_b
    edited March 2020
    I wasn't planning to buy any more shoes, but then these cropped up on ebay, and ebay had a 10% discount code of PROUD10, which means these £399 shoes I managed to purchase for £134.

They are reputed to be very light, and wouldn't want a stiffness index of 10?

In my defence, I have just sold some Sidis.

*The seller currently has one pair in a 46 left - mine are 44.

Oh and the 7Mesh Oro arrived, and it's just what I was looking for fit wise, versus the Gore version which I will keep for winter, but is a bit flappy if we're being honest.
    This is proper 'race' fit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    edited March 2020
    Kickr owners how/where is the workout mode selection in the mobile app?

"Swipe right twice to find the different resistance modes at the top of the screen."

The current app version does have that option

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/204281764-What-Are-the-Different-Modes-On-My-Smart-Trainer-

Found it on the 6th screen across in workout, why dont these companies update their guides and videos when they update apps.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Just bought one of these panniers https://upsobags.co.uk/recycled-bike-bags/panniers in anticipation of having to lug my laptop to work and back everyday in case the office went into lockdown and on the very day it arrived we all got sent home to work from home until further notice.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • wolfsbane2k
    edited March 2020

Just bought one of these panniers https://upsobags.co.uk/recycled-bike-bags/panniers in anticipation of having to lug my laptop to work and back everyday in case the office went into lockdown and on the very day it arrived we all got sent home to work from home until further notice.

Heh, I feel for you. I spend close to £400 on parts this week to refurb my 10 year old mountain bike (new set of wheels, new headset bearing, new forks, new pedals) so that I could take all the bumpf to and from work without overloading the normal commuter - and then had to self isolate before they turned up...