Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    edited February 2020
    LOVE my Scott Cadence that I bagged for £100 18 months ago, and now managed to grab a mips centric (Westbrook ebay store) for £90:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin said:

Funny enough that's exactly what I've just done

Do you just wire them straight into the lighting circuit or do they need a transformer?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    asprilla said:

itboffin said:

Funny enough that's exactly what I've just done

Do you just wire them straight into the lighting circuit or do they need a transformer?
    Straight in, all the control gear is inside the fitting
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I just attached some two wire cable with a plug on the end, leaving the bulb in place. 5 min job
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Turning the power off in my house is like turning off the internet at last count there are almost 90 devices connected to the various WiFi access points
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin said:

I just attached some two wire cable with a plug on the end, leaving the bulb in place. 5 min job

I may have misunderstood ITB, but have you simply wired it into a 3 pin plug........?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,610
    Few bits from Chain Reaction...
    11-34 cassette to try instead of current 11-32.
    Stans Road Tubeless kit.
    Lifeline tubeless repair kit.

Also recently got a few sets of the kevlar disc pads from Disco Brakes so will see how they perform.
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2020
    You may already be aware of this, but I've read it in more than one placce, that an 11 spd road 11-34 cassette requires a spacer - something to do with it effectively being an MTB cassette!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    daniel_b said:

You may already be aware of this, but I've read it in more than one placce, that an 11 spd road 11-34 cassette requires a spacer - something to do with it effectively being an MTB cassette!

Yes, I'd seen that thanks. I think they do supply them with a spacer.

I'm hoping it will work ok with my 5800 rear derailleur which is supposedly limited to a 32 sprocket but there seem to be plenty of people who run that combination without difficulty subject to a bit of b-screw tweaking.
  • itboffin
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

I may have misunderstood ITB, but have you simply wired it into a 3 pin plug........?
    Yep
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Castelli Radoppia 2 in blue for £132:

Was cheaper right after Xmas, but missed my boat. Let's hope it'll fit me as well as the gabbas do.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

Yes, I'd seen that thanks. I think they do supply them with a spacer.

I'm hoping it will work ok with my 5800 rear derailleur which is supposedly limited to a 32 sprocket but there seem to be plenty of people who run that combination without difficulty subject to a bit of b-screw tweaking.
    My 5800 GS works with a 36 with the B screw in backwards/reversed
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2020
    drhaggis said:

Was cheaper right after Xmas, but missed my boat. Let's hope it'll fit me as well as the gabbas do.

£115 on Merlin non?

https://merlincycles.com/castelli-raddoppia-2-cycling-jacket-aw19-155413.html

Edit - Ah not in Drive blue.
    Edit2: Wiggle have it for £132, but NEW01 takes it down to £112
    Red one can be had for £90.
    I bought the Mk1 jacket for £100, and like it a lot - much prefer the yellow to that of the Mk2s.

MK1

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    Paging Daniel B... some mountain bikers need your advice...
    https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/can-you-have-too-much-yellow-black/
  • drhaggis
    daniel_b said:

drhaggis said:

£115 on Merlin non?

https://merlincycles.com/castelli-raddoppia-2-cycling-jacket-aw19-155413.html

Edit - Ah not in Drive blue.
    Edit2: Wiggle have it for £132, but NEW01 takes it down to £112
    Red one can be had for £90.
    I bought the Mk1 jacket for £100, and like it a lot - much prefer the yellow to that of the Mk2s.

MK1

Darn! This is why you don't order things when tired and close to midnight... The fluoro yellow looks good, but the yellow I'm into is a bit more muted (I do prefer v2 to v1). Also, where's the red one for £90? Seems like excellent value! If you liked red, that is...
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2020
    Would still be worth your while returning and re-ordering though?
    I know it's a bit of a pain :-(

Wiggle have them for between £110 and £132 - NEW1 knocks £20 off items of £100+, so the red one they have is on for £110, becomes £90, but the blue one you ordered, would come down to £112 - is that about what you saw it for originally?
    The black one is randomly £130.

Not a fan of red myself, but do like a bit of fluro, as Mrb123 is alluding to :D

https://wiggle.co.uk/castelli-raddoppia-2-jacket/

If you had another £70 or stuff you wanted, NEW2 would chop £40 off.
    Note: Wiggle do not appear on TCB anymore, though CRC still do.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • drhaggis
    To be fair, given the weather we're having lately, having a second jacket to complement my winter apparel is kinda worth the £20 plus the hassle. It'll be used no less than two days a week until the weather improves (i.e. never).
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2020
    My Scott Centric arrived and is lush, a definite keeper - really good quality for £90.
    Easily as good as Kask or Lazer.
    Also chanced my arm on a mips aero helmet for commuting - my justification is that it's safer AND will save me time, makes sense right :p
    It's the Oakley AR05 (About £68 down from £200!, after using CLEAR2020 and TCB) plumped for a medium, hoping it will fit ok:

Also bought a pair of Sorpasso II bibtights, CRC have them in multiple colours, but only small, discounted from £160 down to £85 - so with the code and tcb lops it down to about £73, which is quite reasonable, though not as much of a bargain as the £60 I landed them for last time.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    edited February 2020

Arrived today. Slightly smaller than I might have expected, but looks pretty handy all the same...

And this proprietry Spesh SWAT tube/lever/co2 carrier to attach to the bargainous Spesh Phenom I picked up the other day
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • daniel_b
    Can someone talk me out of ordering Fizik R3 Aria shoes for £155, and I also stumbled on Fizik R3 bib shorts for £70.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Yes. Obviously I’ve ordered the Rapha pro team shoes in purple
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    luv2ride said:

And this proprietry Spesh SWAT tube/lever/co2 carrier to attach to the bargainous Spesh Phenom I picked up the other day

Big fan of that swat stuff but I don't get on with Spesh saddles.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • daniel_b
    Behold their gorgeousness

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2020
    Bugg3r, I've ordered the above shoes in a 44, and also the R3 shorts for £70, down from £165! The R1's are also reduced, but only from £250 to £140 - had they been the same percentage discount (Would have made them about £107), I would have had a gander.

Yes. Obviously I’ve ordered the Rapha pro team shoes in purple

Thanks for making me feel better - it's almost like I have a free pair of shorts :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    edited February 2020
    Rpm cadence sensor from Halfords for £18

Collected and my what a little gem it is too, comes with a bunch of mount options and shows up as BLE as well as ANT+

to my surprise when connected by BT it shows as speed & cadence, only cadence seem to register, maybe its one of those that can be flipped between to two modes.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin said:

Collected and my what a little gem it is too, comes with a bunch of mount options and shows up as BLE as well as ANT+

to my surprise when connected by BT it shows as speed & cadence, only cadence seem to register, maybe its one of those that can be flipped between to two modes.

This bad boy ITB?
    https://halfords.com/cycling/cycling-technology/speed-cadence-sensors/halfords-magnetless-cadence-sensor-668229.html

I might grab a couple as spares, think I should be able to get one (with various discounts) for around £13, which seems rather bargainous.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    £130 down to £54 for the girlfriend.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

This bad boy ITB?
    https://halfords.com/cycling/cycling-technology/speed-cadence-sensors/halfords-magnetless-cadence-sensor-668229.html

I might grab a couple as spares, think I should be able to get one (with various discounts) for around £13, which seems rather bargainous.
    aye

its a shame they dont have the matching speed sensor as well
  • itboffin
    paging @daniel_b have you seen any bargains or deals on Wahoo Kickr Core?

dan dan the bargain man
  • daniel_b
    edited March 2020
    No blinders out there that I can see ITB sadly.

AlpineTrek have it for £658.30, BUT TCB have over 10% cashback, so that would make it around £595 which isn't too shabby.

The Drivo can be had for £599, BUT I just noticed the Drivo II is at Halfrauds for £699!
    It's an online exclusive, so not sure if you can apply BC 10% discount, or C2W 20% discount if you are using it currently?
    Also if your work has those charge up cards, it would knock a further 10% off.
    Could in theory make the Drivo II £504!

*I am not up on their reliability
    *Accurate to 0.5% apparently.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18