Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    luv2ride said:

Also, couple of small tool "kegs"

Thanks for the reminder, I ve lost the lid on my one and need another
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Yeah, I need to go to the LBS for one after losing the lid from mine.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    A couple of Morvelo bits and bobs in the Sigma sale:
    Overland Mountain Jersey
    Overland long sleeve shirt

Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Castelli Falnders Base Layer, from Sigma sale.

and some Five ten Districts not from Sigma.

to replace some Freeriders that i'd worn though! The district's seem better less sticky so hopefully last even longer and I don't need such a positive shoe/pedal on the commute, I have some older Freeriders for gravel/MTBing where i do!

I also have a Exposure TracerR.

which quite apart from having a good punch for days like today with low sun etc, has a battery level when you turn off so reasonably easy to keep on top of.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Just ordered a new pad retention bolt for my hydro caliper as the flat headed original one has almost completely rounded off.

Took a while to track one down until I realised it's called a "pad axle" and apparently you need the one from a different model of caliper.

Oh and some new tyres as the current ones are looking a bit ratty and collecting bits of grit/glass.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Morning All .
    Quick and dirty trip to decathlon over the weekend for a new tool bottle, and picked up another neck tube thing as I fancied a different colour, and a set of bright yellow tyre levers after spending 5 minutes last time I did a tyre trying to find the black lever in the grass in the dark.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • asprilla
    Profile Design Aeria Ultimate Stem for the TT bike. I'm after something that will fit in a 'stem pocket' and allow for internal Di2 routing including the junction box. At the moment my cockpit looks like a comms room.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit; it's too bulky at the back to fit in the pocket. Looks like I'm left with a Pro Missile Evo or a TriRig Sigma X. Both are ££££££

Are there any sensible solutions for cleaning up Di2 routing on a TT bike?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited January 2020
    New Pannier to replace my cheapie Halfords one I picked up (pre-owned) to use temporarily circa 6000 commuting miles ago that finally fell to pieces.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-commute-waterproof-rolltop-pannier
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • asprilla said:

You could get creative with shrink wrapping & maybe even some narrow trunking? I've seen it done and was impressed.
  • Would you prefer a jet or a full face helmet guys?
    Electrol.tech

Everything you need to know about electric transportation vehicles.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    New pair of waterproof shorts.

"Ride, crash, replace"
  • asprilla

asprilla said:

You could get creative with shrink wrapping & maybe even some narrow trunking? I've seen it done and was impressed.
    Great minds....

I've been looking at exactly that, and some extensions to the cabling so I can put the junction box under the saddle. The bike was designed for an external battery so it has a wire port at the top of the seat post.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Bitex 106's on Kinlin XR26's with some cheapo centerlock rotors
    New chain, cassette, BB and a narrow/wide 46t chain ring. time to go 1x10, only downside is using my Sram chainset off the fixie which requires a Dairylea GXP BB
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • asprilla
    edited January 2020

Bitex 106's on Kinlin XR26's with some cheapo centerlock rotors
    New chain, cassette, BB and a narrow/wide 46t chain ring. time to go 1x10, only downside is using my Sram chainset off the fixie which requires a Dairylea GXP BB

Hope do a GXP adaptor for their HT2 BBs. Should work on any HT2 BB if you dont want to spend Hope cash.

Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3

• Finally got round to getting Big Apples on both ends, much better makes the bike has heavy as it is feel lively! And much more comfortable.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Reilly 325. Been after a ti frame for ages, and this going in the sale just recently forced my hand. As a result, I'll retire my 11 yr old Bottecchia and Sigma road frames leaving me with a gravel for damp commutes, family rides and baby-carrying duties and this for everything else.

If anyone is after some second hand 10-speed campag stuff (Some Record, some Chorus and some Centaur) or either a Sigma alloy or Bottecchia 8avio frameset let me know :wink:

• Not sure if it counts because technically they're old and I already owned them... but a mate of mines just sorted out my tired old white Pearl Izumis:

Gave him free reign to just muck about with them expecting a tidy up or maybe some painted logos, then he messaged me with these! Blown away.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Gore C7 Shakedry. £119 in their current sale, although now sold out.

Previously ordered a c5 Viz model which was half price in their Black Friday sale but it was too baggy round the body and a smaller size wouldn't have been long enough in the sleeves.

The C7 is a much better fit but still has plenty of room in it so should be good with both winter and summer layers. Almost looking forward to a rainy day now to give it a proper try!
  • Bitex 106's on Kinlin XR26's with some cheapo centerlock rotors

Wheels weigh in at roughly 1800g with rim tape, very happy for £265 from Spa cycles though needed centre lock rotors which cost another £25 . The £24 chain ring from China/ebay seems good though you can feel more chain friction even in well aligned gears, that may just be some additional lube needed.

The bike feels livelier and more direct with less rotating weight.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • https://www.thepedaldancers.com/product/cranks

Just ordered one of these and will probably pick up a sweatshirt from them at some point too. 😊

And those shoes look fantastic, such a good job in them, they don't look like they were ever white at all!!
  • luv2ride

Spesh Phenom fabric saddle for £20 from the bargain bin at Total Fitness in Bath. Needed a new saddle for the gravel bike, and as was the right size (143mm) thought worth a punt at that price!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Not sure if it counts because technically they're old and I already owned them... but a mate of mines just sorted out my tired old white Pearl Izumis:

Gave him free reign to just muck about with them expecting a tidy up or maybe some painted logos, then he messaged me with these! Blown away.

That is just epic...!!!

Seen some youtube vids of football boots being painted up, never occured to me you could do it with cycling shoes! Maybe I won't chuck away my tatty white sidis...
  • luv2ride
    edited February 2020

Giro Aether Mips, £134.99 from Cycle Surgery plus 5.6% from Top Cash Back. Tidy saving on RRP. Checked the Synthe this will largely replace and it's coming up to 6 years old, so probably due retiring...

And this Spesh Phenom Anza (canvas cover and ti rails) for £20 from an LBS bargain bin whilst clothes shopping yesterday with teenage daughter, so dont feel quite as bad for missing a ride now:

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited February 2020
    Have been pretty good over the last few months.

However.

These little carbon soled beauts for £54

Also come with black laces.

These were £75 but not totally convinced they would ever be worth the original rrp, lenses I would want would add an extra £50-£80, so kind of destroys the bargain element, do love the colour though :/

Not feelung the usual quality I have historically seen from Oakley.

To compare and contrast, and likely make me return the oakleys, I have ordered these with photochromic lenses from the trusty Scott for £85:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    edited February 2020
    Whilst not ultralight, so might not be used for bikepacking, this'll be used for a brew if driving out to places to ride. Pretty great value for less than twenty notes (inc delivery) from PX

• stn5
    stn5 Posts: 44
    I've got Alpkit's version of that. Can't say I've actually ended up using it but they're pretty decent.
  • wolfsbane2k
    edited February 2020
    New alu action camera handlebar mount, as the POS that came with the camera snapped last night.

And
    a 48T 110BCD Outer chainring from Spa

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    many mancave upgrades in the pipeline, started off with a pair of folding saw benches which i'm going to modify into bike workstands, a digital sonic cleaner, a music stand for my laptop etc.

Now all i really need is something to improve the lighting, the single ceiling socket even with a bright led just doesnt cut it, i've LED work lamps but those are not ideal for general lighting.

Someone must have made an LED strip with a standard light fitting ???
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    itboffin said:

many mancave upgrades in the pipeline, started off with a pair of folding saw benches which i'm going to modify into bike workstands, a digital sonic cleaner, a music stand for my laptop etc.

Now all i really need is something to improve the lighting, the single ceiling socket even with a bright led just doesnt cut it, i've LED work lamps but those are not ideal for general lighting.

Someone must have made an LED strip with a standard light fitting ???

Get yourself an LED batten fitting from Screwfix
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Funny enough that's exactly what I've just done
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.