Who are you?Where you from?Whats your ride?

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Itsari wrote:
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Welcome to the forums :wink: .
    POW!

DSC00598.jpg

That is me

John?
    John Frusciante?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Itsari wrote:
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Welcome to the forums :wink: .
    POW!

DSC00598.jpg

That is me

John?
    John Frusciante?

holy hell you do look like john f :lol:
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    Sadly I am not - The other one I get a lot is Phil Anselmo o.0 (Back when I was in me band/had long hair.) Thanks though I think :D
  • mtbikerboy
    mtbikerboy Posts: 325
    Been away from here for a while. My MTB world collapsed when i moved from fantastic sheffield to FLATastic Coventry...

Same old bike...

Was at cannock on Monday, mostly rode the DH trails then struggled through the monkey trail as my gears werent working- cassette and mech need replacing, i've ordred some.

looking forward to doing the ae forest avalanche enduro in a few weeks...

pic of bike today after a ride along the dismantled leamington- rugby railway line. the only fun there is getting the bike through the clay waterlogged paths, and the occasional decents from the railway line to the road below at bridges.

and yes, the bike still consumes £££ at a very frightening rate
    needs a wash before it can get back in the house
    rayn9g.jpg
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm Sarah and i'm obviously having a blonde moment as I can't remember if i've already posted in this thread :oops: (and I can't bothered to read ALL the pages!) :D

Anyway, I ride (or try to :? ) a santa cruz superlight and have been riding for a few years, mostly in the New Forest but also Wales, Scotland and the Alps occasionally! Love it all :D

smowriding.jpg
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    MY MOST EMBARRASSING PICTURE EVER!
    BTW, in this picture I'm breaking my friends bike

I ride Kona Fire Mountain Deluxe, CWM CARN = MY HOME
    27789_1489522563048_1383497502_31307679_5565732_n.jpg
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hola

I'm gonna go down the blonde route too, I may have posted on here before

anyway, I'm Gaz from Wolverhampton, and I'm admin for the all abilities social mountain biking group HOMBRES (Hungover Mountain Bikers Recreational Entertainment Society) which you can visit via my signature, anyone is welcome to join us, we ride around once a month for a stready paced ride, chat and lark around on bikes (shameless self promotion over)

I ride a Focus Thunder and a Focus Black Forest and my usual haunts are Cannock Chase and most of Welshland. I'm not particularly any good a mountain biking, but hell do I enjoy it :D
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    gazderry wrote:
    Hola

anyway, I'm Gaz from Wolverhampton, and I'm admin for the all abilities social mountain biking group HOMBRES (Hungover Mountain Bikers Recreational Entertainment Society) which you can visit via my signature, anyone is welcome to join us, we ride around once a month for a stready paced ride, chat and lark around on bikes (shameless self promotion over)

I ride a Focus Thunder and a Focus Black Forest and my usual haunts are Cannock Chase and most of Welshland. I'm not particularly any good a mountain biking, but hell do I enjoy it :D

Loved the article in this months MBUK. Hats off (sombreros) to you all.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Dubzy wrote:
    gazderry wrote:
    Hola

Loved the article in this months MBUK. Hats off (sombreros) to you all.

Thanks Dubzy, i've not seen it yet, I'll be beating down my newsagents door this morning though after a copy
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    My name is Pete and I live near Chelmsford.

I ride a Boardman FS Pro with Mountain Kings, a Ritchey WCS seat, SPDs and a Monarch 4.2 but otherwise standard.

Normal haunts are the woods and trails around Stock, Danbury and Little Baddow but we are starting to use the car rack and venture further afield. I ride two to three times a week.

I prefer the mud and bullets but am also a lycra wearing roady.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • dwesty
    dwesty Posts: 1
    Yo hi all, names Dave - how's everyone doing?

Recently went up Whinlatter forest introducing 4 wheeled downhill mtb (or fourcross) to disabled and able-bodied folk up there- great day!

:D

roughriderz.co.uk
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    J L

2002 Cannondale F800 with Lefty, upgraded with Middleburn, Hope, Crank Bros etc

This is me after the 2006 Exmoor Explorer
    untitled.jpg

Been riding bikes since I was 12 (now 37)BMX then Road and TT then in the later 80's MTB up until 2004 then had a bit of a break due to being a Dad and other interests for a few years but back and love it more than ever.
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • yo
    i'm Gavin 'Shaggy' Newton
    i'm 30
    i'm back after 13 years
    me.jpg
    this is my ride totally standard for now will upgrade when sh!t breaks
    mine.jpg
    situated in Newhey on the Lanc / Yorks border i ride Saddleworth moor, Rishworth moor, Denshaw moor, Blackstone edge etc
    here
    here.jpg
    here
    andhere.jpg
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert
  • Endura
    Endura Posts: 21
    Bonjour,

My name is Chris, I'm from gravesend, on the thames in Kent. I've got into this serious mtb lark a little over 3 months ago, I ride a GT aggressor xc2 with various upgrades. My local rides are shorne/cobham/trosley and rode bedgebury for the 1st time last weekend and plan to go regularly. Know no one at the moment so go it solo but love it all the same.

Oh and I hate lycra.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    pbpic3591358.jpg

i'm the one on the right. just before the freeride section at cwmcarn.

i'm from a little town called pontypool that luckily is only about a 40 min ride from the otherside of the mountain to cwmcarn :D

my bikes:

p4pb5390500.jpg

me riding:

pbpic3937828.jpg
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    This is me! :lol:

p4pb5048073.jpg

Originally, I not too far away from the guy above, however, the other side of Cwmcarn.

I'm from a small village called Bedwas (near Caerphilly).

Live near Cannock Chase now and my ride is my trusty Orange 5

p4pb5297526.jpg
    Craig Rogers
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Hi y'all, im Josh, i ride a ride a GT aggressor XCR with a custom build, and a Onza T-pro trials bike.

I live in swansea, and my regualr haunts are Clyne valley, KIivey hill etc
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Hey all,

Im Ben and I live in Glossop on the edge of the Peak District.

My ride is a Pace 305 XCAM with XT, Float RLC's, Forumla R1's, Thomson stem and seatpost and a Hope Pro II wheelset.

If anyone live around there and fancies a few rides, give me a PM!
  • Hi I'm Pete, the 30 something web geek behind justgoride.co.uk

4902324816_32da480e84.jpg

I ride Oranges..
    2008 Prestige Pro
    4902329802_5061a0e51b.jpg
    2007 Five Pro
    4743899028_0d45c834cc.jpg
    I ride in Derbyshire and Wales most of the time!
  • Stoooo
    Stoooo Posts: 1
    Hey up

I'm stu, 25 and living in Guildford.
    Originally from Preston but posted down here with the RAF!

Just bought myself a bike, first time riding again in 10yrs! Looking to get serious!!

My new(used lightly) steed is an '09 Trek Fuel EX7 with upgraded Front forks to RS Revelation 426 Dual-Air U-turns (having a nightmare setting these up!!), Fox Float RP2 XV on the back, slx groupset, juicy 3s and bonty finishing kit!

Loving riding the thing, although I think I have a slow front puncture and the brakes need bleeding. While bike needs fine tuning but god it's good to be riding again, and what advances since I last rode!!!!

Hope to meet a few of you on my travels!

Stoo
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Hi, I've posted on here before, but a while back, so time to update.. I'm Ian, 27, but better known by my nickname, Stav (apparently when the sun's out, I look greek..) Originally from Guildford/Godalming, now living and working in Aldershot.. bought my first 'proper' bike in 1997, a Kona Lava Dome, and been cycling ever since!

Quite lucky living in the area of the South East that I do, I'm close to the Surrey Hills, Swinley Forest and Tunnel/Porridgepot Hills, and ride most weekends, and ride to work each day. This is me, fettling with my bike, pre ride, and my brothers Spesh in the background.

P8140353.jpg

And my bike, a 2010 On One Carbon 456, built quite recently (specs on my build thread in my sig):

P8140357.jpg

P8140358.jpg

P8140359.jpg

Shall get some riding pics soon :)

If anyone sees a sweaty mess on a Carbon 456 in the South East, feel free to say hi!
  • hi im Brian from elgin in scotland and ride the 2010 giant glory
  • mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    hi im joe im 37 live in lancaster my ride is an orange crush 2010 i ride mainly lakes rides garburn pass,walna scar,grizedale etc HI ALL!!
  • Foobies
    Foobies Posts: 134
    Hi, just joined, so this is my first post. Errm, im chris from cornwall and im 25, been back into bike riding for about a year after a 3 year absence and due to money issues im currently riding crap :P
    last time i had a bike it was a Marin Lite in black and greeen
    marin_150.jpg
    Like that one, not actually my old bike....
    but that got nicked from where i used to work, was locked to a fence and some jippo sawed through the fence and had it away with it :( Loved that bike even with its lack of suspension, was eipc going down rockyness on :D

anyway last christmas got my folks to but me a bike to get to and from work mainly and it was a rubbish Apollo thing. even tho it was crap decided to take it to the local trails and found i hadnt lost any of the enthusiasm for biking in the 3year break :D
    DSCF0031-1.jpg
    See Rubbish!

Went out with a mate one day to "Mars" and fell in love with dirt jumps, so needed a jump bike, now working in a shop for not alot of money means its hard to get the bike i want so when i was told by a mate he was sellin his old jump bike for 10quid i snapped it up. anyway cos its crap ive been upgrading it slowly as i can afford to and its lookin and riding better now,ive changed the rear Derailleur, pedals (mmm dmr v8's) rear v breaks (no disk mount:( ) grips, tires, saddle, bars (mmm dmr wingbars) and paint job :D sooooo, left is forks, bb, single speed front chainring, new full wheels, and creating a disk mount on the back for some juicys.... then the final uppgrade will be to buy a new Frame :P long way round doing it but i dont care :D anyway enough gas here it is.....

DSCF0580.png (didnt have the wingbars on in this pic, will get some new pics when the weather is better)
    58404_462643915691_604470691_7147101_2336262_n.jpg

oh and this is me...
    46620_427164796665_687026665_5424732_1828423_n.jpg
    2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4
    2016 Bianchi Ethanol
    2015 Bianchi via nirone 7

2018 Boardman ADV 8.9
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    mrs makem got into this first

i got a cheapo bike on a work scheme in 2008 and promtly kept it in the garage for 2 years, mrs pursuaded me to start riding for fitness then took me on a mucky xc ride in a thunder storm, lolled all the way round and fell in love with this mtb malarky. Live and ride around rugby but starting to go further a field, done cannock and planning my first trip up the peaks later in year

originally from Sunderland but moved to Warwickshire 13 years ago :shock: 38 and im a chartered Civil Engineer.

anyhoo me

meic.png

my current ride GT Outpost 2008

yes it has v brakes and is practically a BSO but i have fun on it and can even get airtime :D, on a promise if im still as enthusiastic in the new year i can buy a proper mtb woot

mysteed.jpg
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    im lee a 34 year old firefighter from holmes chapel in cheshire.
    mainly ride at cannock, round ladybower and up on the moors starting at marple

currently riding my trek but getting a new bike mid december and still trying to decide out of the following

20010 ghost asx 5500
    http://www.globalbike.co.uk/products/Gh ... -5500.html
    2010 cube ams pro rx
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=44311
    2011 cube ams comp
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-AMS-Comp-M ... _39700.htm

first two pics are the same spot by ladybower a few weeks apart!!

coldi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    ladybowerblue.jpg

049hu.jpg

and having a lot of fun at work

020efz.jpg

• mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    appy wrote:

ladybowerblue.jpg

Oooh SNAP! but slightly snowier conditions......

P230308_15.33%5B01%5D.JPG

and me riding my on-one 456

DSC06120.JPG
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    it is a stunning view up there isnt it? cant wait for snow this year lol
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Hi - my name is Phil. I've been cycling on and off for 40 odd years now.

Got back into regular riding again this year, by going out at least twice a week at 6am before work, for a quick 8 mile blat up in the woods with my brother.

As I have 2 small kids, weekend cycling time is limited, but I get out at every opportunity, having recently discovered the delights of Bedgebury Forest's single track run.

I have two creaking old girls, which have done me well over the years.

A 93 Marin Bear Valley - currently equipped with slicks and used solely on the road
    A 98 Specialized Ground Control FSR Comp - an oldie but goodie

Image672.jpg

This bike has been through thick and thicker with me. I could do with a new bike, probably, but the Spesh has been so reliable and so easy to ride well, that I'd be worried that anything I got wouldn't live up to it.

Phil
  • Nachimir
    Nachimir Posts: 126
    Hi, I'm David, from Nottingham. I took up snowboarding earlier this year, and on getting back to the UK, realised I would definitely need some kind of surrogate until I could next go boarding. Hadn't realised how much I missed hurtling around in general, so after ten years without one bought a mountain bike and have been bitten pretty hard by it. Got some SSC P7s coming in the post at the mo, wish they could have got here before the snow :)

This is me. The woman is a friend and I hadn't just pushed her, honest. The race organisers put a log in at shin height to trip runners up.

5222414684_d99203dc34.jpg

Ride is a Spesh Hardrock Sport Disc '10. Mostly unmodded for now, but about to get some upgrades.

5221730389_894805a709.jpg

Original plan was to just have it for fun, but when I realised I could get into the city centre on it in half the time the bus takes, I started riding it everywhere, including the 20 miles to work on office days. On semi-slicks, I started getting times around 1 hour 25, which is only about 15 minutes longer than it takes me to ride to the station, get a train, then ride to the office.

I've racked up 1950 miles on it since April, and had forgotten so much that I abused one chainset to death in the first four months. Not done any other major replacements save for swapping tyres, but just tweaked the bar setup for single finger braking and got rid of the indicators on the SRAM X4s (Never used them, and they prevented positioning the brake levers properly for my index finger):

5222385240_70578c80d2.jpg

Next week I'll be replacing the crappy Suntours with some coil Recon SLs. Really enjoying maintenance as well as riding, and am building up a good toolkit.