Lee Quarry, Bacup

Comments

• yeah i can be up there from about 5ish most nights, live 7 miles away so not too bad
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • yeah im about 4 miles but no car at the moment so i ride everywhere (gf's bike) i shall report on here when im going up. or if any one fancys near horncliff mansion its technical/downhill etc in some woods good little place
    2009 Orange crush
  • no car either now, apart from wifes, so i ride every where too :D:D:D:D
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • ha ha ha good lad where you based? im loveclough on way to burnley from rawtenstall.

just want my bike now miss the bumpy stuff although i do venture on to a little on the gf's ha ha ha
    2009 Orange crush
  • loveclough too on new estate
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • pete higham
    pete higham Posts: 134
    im hoping to receive delivery of my new bike (orange crush 2009) before weekend so if i do ill write on here because ill definitely be up for a play on Saturday if you don't mind me tagging along???

i dont mind anyone tagging along! the more the merrier :D

i aint no beast master either :lol: however if jon comes along he will show you the way up the hills :lol:

i have had to change the time, i will be there about 12 on sat
  • just come back from quarry, bailed on a black route, it was just where you veer off the red route. stopped for a slash behind some rocks, got back on bike to get back on to the track, hit a rock hidden under the grass, forks bottomed out and i went over the bars, gashed my leg and bust my saddle pack, gutted. but did get to meet the trail builders, cadged some gaffa tape, nice fellas, working late. apparently whatever they are doing has to be done by friday. then to top off my night, i was scalped by a roadie half mile from home, he didn't even say hello, just shit me up as he flew past way too close.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • pete higham
    oohh doesnt sound to good :( as long as your bike is in one peice its all good

i hope there isnt a race or something going on at the w/end!

talking about roadies, i scalped one last weds and i didnt say hello either :twisted:
  • yeah cool sounds good to me. been a few times before however not while the new stuff was there. and which new estate? (scottgeniusltd2005)could ride the mission up there together depending on what time you want to get there? will see if i have my bike because im going to ring them tomorrow. but lets all hope the weather is good!!!
    2009 Orange crush
  • Wont be any races until the new section officially opens in April I would have thought.
    I might make it there my self on Saturday aft if I don't make it to Stainburn on Friday.
  • racing at Lee Quarry

www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

get your pre-entries in

see you on the start line
  • no events till 19th April so we are clear!!!
    2009 Orange crush
  • The events only take the trails over on the morning of the event

first date 19th April

only £10 to enter, with a reasonable prize list
  • are they all at lee quarry and can you just do some dates instead of all??? may be interested
    2009 Orange crush
  • good news!!!! rung the shop and it is scheduled for delivery for tomorrow!!!! Saturday it is then :)
    2009 Orange crush
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    however if jon comes along he will show you the way up the hills :lol:

Hmmmm.... given my current state I'm not so sure about that, first good week of weather and I've got a cold. If I get out I'll be up there a bit earlier, got to be home by 1:00ish :( .

That said it only takes me 11 minutes to get there (unfortunately it's nearer 25 mins home, all up hill on the way back).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • sounds like quite a few will be there :lol:. just hope someone will have the patience to show me round the routes at a pace i can keep up :oops:.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • pete higham
    sounds like quite a few will be there :lol:. just hope someone will have the patience to show me round the routes at a pace i can keep up :oops:.

i thought you had ridden lee quarry before!? i was hoping you would show me the way round :D
  • pete higham
    stumpyjon wrote:
    however if jon comes along he will show you the way up the hills :lol:

Hmmmm.... given my current state I'm not so sure about that, first good week of weather and I've got a cold. If I get out I'll be up there a bit earlier, got to be home by 1:00ish :( .

That said it only takes me 11 minutes to get there (unfortunately it's nearer 25 mins home, all up hill on the way back).

not good news jon! :( typical colds :evil:

i moved my time as one of the lads im meeting there has to wait till 12 for his wife to come home :roll: if you are up there i may bump into you at the end of your ride :D not literally :lol:

edited to add, i have just noticed you only go just over twice the speed downhill as you go uphill!! man you are slow :P :wink:
  • i have a general idea, but only been 3 times, once when all covered in snow n ice, once in the dark, once where i bailed. i just feel i must have been missing some of it, as it seems a bit short, i have been told that it is about 4 miles round, so i am pretty sure i have missed some turnings somewhere.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • pete higham
    we will have a good look around on sat 8)

as for keeping up with the pace, the lads who are coming along with me are right through the range of skills lol i wont be blasting around it as i have never rode it :D
  • You can enter as many of the four as you want to they are individual races in their own right.

We will be at the quarry Saturday around lunchtime doing some local PR and having a look at the new "Rollercoaster" section and the works on Fairview

www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

email updates will start this weekend and we encourage pre-entry (form on website or in any local bike shop) we have 3 main sponsors and are trying to nail the fourth, there are a couple of "fun" categories as well

3 categories with a singlespeed subcategory
  • just to clarify what time is everyone going as i think i might do a full day. perfecting techniques and all that.
    2009 Orange crush
  • pete higham
    i will be in the car park between 12/12.30 8)

lets hope the weather is the same as today :D
  • Brammer
    Brammer Posts: 16
    Where in Bacup is Lee Quarry i live in Dukinfield near Stockport.
  • have a look at the last post on page 1 of this thread, there's a map there
  • nice one, see you there. i'm the big bloke on a scott with a huge rucksack coz i bust my saddle pack the other day and haven't decided which one i want yet.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • good i shall see you there then on my new bling :)
    2009 Orange crush
  • pete higham
    see you all tomorrow 8)
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    all I can say is enjoy!

I'd be coming along but have other stuff to do today - Hopefully its dried out a bit for you all.

@Jon - Get yourself out you big pansy, pedal that cold away!!!!