Silly commuting racing

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Lastly, in my LiT makes lots of consecutuve posts session, any plans for friday beers? I could pop along for a swift half before zipping off to sunny Essex...

guys, burds are coming!!

6pm in that pub I've forgotten the name of...Morpeth Arms

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub446.html

Woo Hoo, i'll book my train...

Wow you guys have like some real world click going on...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    It is so much more like fight club though...
  • izthewiz
    izthewiz Posts: 154
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    izthewiz wrote:
    Where do wimmin with shaved legs sit in the FCN? Do they automatically drop 2, like blokes? And what if they’ve got hairy legs?

What about two-sided pedals (flat & spd), or cycling (touring) shoes on flatties?

Any woman wearing lycra on a roadie (with shaved legs) should get a 3 point bonus as, to me, they double in their attractivness!

Any woman with visibly hairy legs on a bke, should incur a 3 point penalty. We're trying to encourage more people to cycle not frighten them away... Lol.

If you have time to notice two sided pedals or the intricate difference between pedals, beyond that they either clip or don't clip, then I think you're not playing the game hard enough.

"Whether a person can clip or not, matters little, they are all be prey to me on my roadie!"

+3 for girls wearing lycra with shaved legs (and really if you're a girl and don't you should be permanently disqualified) is an EXCELLENT idea.... My scalp count will go throught he roof if I can get down to an FCN10 rating... must buy shorts...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hoooooo-EEE! Are you married?
    The only bad view from the saddle is of the point of impact rising rapidly to meet you.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    I fear I shall not be joining you at the pub this time because I am cycling to the coast tomorrow night at midnight with some other 'friends from the internet' so will likely be asleep in preparation.

Whaaaaaaat?

My mother always warned me the internet was a bad place filled with strange and perverse people, but cycling to the coast at midnight...that's just plain weird!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator wrote:
    I fear I shall not be joining you at the pub this time because I am cycling to the coast tomorrow night at midnight with some other 'friends from the internet' so will likely be asleep in preparation.

Whaaaaaaat?

My mother always warned me the internet was a bad place filled with strange and perverse people, but cycling to the coast at midnight...that's just plain weird!

Agreed! Madness! I sincerely hope you don't get rained on...

Where on the coast?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    And there's me thinking the Dynamo had been and gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunwich_Dynamo
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Lastly, in my LiT makes lots of consecutuve posts session, any plans for friday beers? I could pop along for a swift half before zipping off to sunny Essex...

My God, the Forum's turned into an internet dating site

How the hell do you recognise each other? Rolled up copy of C+ under the arm and a team cap poking out of a pocket?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    SecretSam wrote:

How the hell do you recognise each other? Rolled up copy of C+ under the arm and a team cap poking out of a pocket?

Lycra.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    cjcp wrote:
    Indeed. As the extremely brilliant Emma Pooley has said, "You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again".

A suggestion: anyone who drafts should be made to wear a pink lycra outfit (the Lampre or Plowman Craven kits will suffice), kitted out with wings and a big, sparkly wand, shouting all the way, "I'm a big screaming fairy". What do the Oracles think?

I seem to remember some Spanish bloke being made to wear pink around substantial parts of Italy earlier this year.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Littigator wrote:

Whaaaaaaat?

Agreed! Madness! I sincerely hope you don't get rained on...

Where on the coast?

And it's not the first time I've done it either. I should probably see a doctor... Most months it is Brighton, once it was Southend, tomorrow it is Shoreham-on-sea. It is really rather addictive. And excellent training for The Game if I ever manage to keep up with The Fast Lot at the front of the group...

I can now comfortably do 60 miles at night without much sleep but I think the 120 miles of the Dynamo will have to wait til next year.

C'mon, you know you want to. Midnight at Hyde Park Corner. A fry-up at the coast in the morning. Mmmmmmm.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Who organises these rides? Sounds interesting! Forecast is awful for the weekend though.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963

C'mon, you know you want to. Midnight at Hyde Park Corner. A fry-up at the coast in the morning. Mmmmmmm.

where will be open to do a fry up at 3.30 am though??
    <a>road</a>
  • Littigator
    I can well imagine a few misguided souls having one too many pints at the pub tomorrow night and thinking...Hang on a minute, cycling to the coast, midnight at Hyde Park Corner, that sounds like a bloody good idea to me!

• http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/

Simon Legg of the CTC organises them, but non-CTC members are allowed.

We don't get there at 3.30am, it is considerably later, more like 7am-8am and the café opens specially. This is because even the fast lot at the front stop and wait for slower people, at the top of hills for instance, so no one is dropped and lost in the middle of the night. We also have a foody break in the middle. Sometimes in a truckers café, sometimes at Gatwick airport, and so on...
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/

Simon Legg of the CTC organises them, but non-CTC members are allowed.

We don't get there at 3.30am, it is considerably later, more like 7am-8am and the café opens specially. This is because even the fast lot at the front stop and wait for slower people, at the top of hills for instance, so no one is dropped and lost in the middle of the night. We also have a foody break in the middle. Sometimes in a truckers café, sometimes at Gatwick airport, and so on...

no offence TN but I can think of better ways of spending my night than cycling at 10mph to eat out at Gatwick Airport :)

whatever floats your boat though!
    <a>road</a>
  • Don't knock it til you've tried it...!

And we don't travel at 10mph (unless going up Ditchling Beacon at which point I drop to about 5mph). It's just that everyone is waited for at intervals.
  • ride_whenever
    my dad has a friend who used to cycle london to canterbury for lunch with his family on sunday and then cycle back after lunch!!!! :shock:
  • Littigator wrote:
    I can well imagine a few misguided souls having one too many pints at the pub tomorrow night and thinking...Hang on a minute, cycling to the coast, midnight at Hyde Park Corner, that sounds like a bloody good idea to me!

Arrrrh yesh why not?? Isha brilliant plan!! Wharrayamean I'll need more than one *hic* gear *hic*?

:D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Lycra.

We can all collect around the shining light of Greg T's big ring

I'll be there is a slightly smelly red assos top and silly beard

Also the facebook stuff has pictures, so if there's a giant frog to put my head in people will recognise me.

Does Snooks know?

Edit: getting to the pub you might be racing real members of the game... good luck

I'll be slow as I don't know the road... or something
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Littigator
    Littigator wrote:

Arrrrh yesh why not?? Isha brilliant plan!! Wharrayamean I'll need more than one *hic* gear *hic*?

:D

Yerr my bezzy mate (hic) lesh go psy...sy..cyclin

Yarr Gerrof ya bastads is you n me 'gainst the wurld!!!!

• Littigator
    Clever Pun wrote:

Does Snooks know?

I put a post on the Facebook page with time and place so hopefully yes!

• DonDaddyD
    Facebook page, this is some kinda secret society.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I should be there too, only working round the other side of Victoria so I'll take a slow walk down there afterwards (subject to me not doing the stupid late shift tomorrow) as my bike is still out of action.

Will probably be in casual dress as it's a dress down day tomorrow :-)
    Look forward to finding fellow "members" tomorrow - guess the easiest place to meet woudl be by the nice looking bikes!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • guess the easiest place to meet woudl be by the nice looking bikes!

Yeah, don't worry, I'll park the gollum bike round the corner... somewhere out of sight...
  • attica
    DonDaddyD wrote:

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=17813152777

Join us!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    You'll recognise me as I'm competing in the international Ian Hislop impersonation competition over the weekend and have been perfecting my "look" for months.....

Also I'll be wearing Kit and walking around saying "Hi - I'm Greg" to strangers.....

I think that the stretch from Parliament to Vauxhall junction will resemble the world busiest man powered flight testing area from 1745 to 1830 then the Zippo's circus clown bike, square wheel cycle backwards training school from 2200..
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • ride_whenever
    I think afterwards there should be a playerz p3loton with drunken whizzing round london...
  • DonDaddyD
    Attica wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=17813152777

Join us!

That link doesn't work for me.
    Food Chain number = 4

• attica
    Are you signed in to Facebook?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"