Silly commuting racing

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    :lol:

How's the cross bike purchase coming along?
    Wha'usay? *fingers still firmly planted in ears*

Buy the Zipps
    Buy the Zipps
    Buy the Zipps

It was a glaring gap in the collection at your flat.

You'll go faster. Much faster. You'll set new a new PB round the Park. Ballads will be written about you.

Your flat will also be warmer in winter if you buy the Zipps.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!

AND I WASN'T EVEN TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are y'all happy for me? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? :lol::lol::lol:

Everyone's very happy. Well done.

Quite. It's a Care-in-the-community style scheme aimed at building self-esteem. This one's one of our more successful subjects.

:lol::lol::lol:

You should see how he's come along since he joined here. The transformation's remarkable.

I like what you've done there.

I had a pang of disappointment when I saw page 601 click up. It wouldn't be covered with my glorious but subdued expression of joy.

But you've fix that RIGHT UP!

THANKS LiTs! You're The Greatest!!

:D:D:D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:

I had a pang of disappointment when I saw page 601 click up. It wouldn't be covered with my glorious but subdued expression of joy.

I am actually.

See who got the 9000th post.

Yep.

That's right.

:D

EDIT: And I've made this smaller so as not to embarrass you by putting it up twice. Because I'm nice.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:

I am actually.

Yep.

That's right.

EDIT: And I've made this smaller so as not to embarrass you by putting it up twice. Because I'm nice.
    Erm, CJ?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides

• I am actually.

Yep.

That's right.

<bottom lip quivers...big effort goes into not blinking>

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You're not nice at all! :x
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Now children - play nice - everyone is very happy for you both - the egos have landed :twisted:
  • Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Spesh Gel Toupes are great. But they need to be white. :)

Tart.

So, that brings the tart count for this board to what now? Let's have a head count, shall we?

Jash
    G66
    Littigator
    Christophe

Tart? Tart? Moi? :shock:

Strictly utilitarian approach to kit, me. Nothing flash or showy. Just yer regular stuff what you'd see down the local Working Men's Club.*

* All of that statement may be wholly false

Hmm. Surely prima facie evidence of tartdom is that your bilke speaks Italian. Two Italian bikes? Nuff said. Jash has this evening demonstrated, with photographic evidence, that he is in a tart league of his own. Litts likewise has shown us a beautiful custom built vintage fixed with elk hide bar tape stretched and rolled out on the thighs of elven virgins, CJCP has admitted a) using white bar tape, b) considering ZIPPs on his commuter, and c) colour co-ordinating his bib shorts and jerseys to match other members of this forum on a RP park ride. All I did was to say that a white saddle might be an idea.

Case rested.
  • So Gregg - you weren't really trying, it was really an accident.............................

You can tell its late - had to go back 6 pages to find out what the f*ck he was on about, but the light finally dawned.

Greg600 then :D

It would appear I have the cycling bug bad. My brother offers me a couch 1.5 miles from work after a few drinks etc etc and I cycle 10.5 miles home to do another 12 tommorrow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • cjcp
    And you've got a Pearson. Jash has a Pearson. Jash is a tart. Therefore <using no logic whatsoever> you are a tart. And you have white saddles on both bikes. Which also makes you a tart.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Hells teeth, I thought I was up late CJ you not working tomorrow?
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    So Gregg - you weren't really trying, it was really an accident.............................

You can tell its late - had to go back 6 pages to find out what the f*ck he was on about, but the light finally dawned.

Greg600 then :D

It would appear I have the cycling bug bad. My brother offers me a couch 1.5 miles from work after a few drinks etc etc and I cycle 10.5 miles home to do another 12 tommorrow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

either that or you don't like your brother :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    cjcp wrote:

Spesh Gel Toupes are great. But they need to be white. :)

Yeah, White, but not Gel. You don't need gel, you need to MTFU.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    What's the FCN of a tandem? Just found out a new colleague is doing a tandem race in a few months and will be out training at Sefton Park which is not a million miles from my house. I smell scalps :twisted:
  • cjcp
    Hells teeth, I thought I was up late CJ you not working tomorrow?

Yep. This morning was a bit of a struggle for the legs.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Quick journey in this morning. Nearly 10 minutes faster than last week. Mostly due to the real lack of traffic. Can't wait for the school run to return on Monday. :?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Woooohooooooooo!

I was back on the Bowery this morning after its conversion to a girl's bike, and managed to hit and hold 25.5 mph (agreed by 2 computers) on the flat twice! My cadence sensor seems not to be playing so I don't know what cadence that was...

And nobody overtook me. I overtook several people, including one girl on a really pretty red and gold raleigh cruiser.

I think I might just be back in the game.

:twisted: :twisted:
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Well LiT take enough care that you can stay in the game for a good long stretch

Please

Not enough of us out there.......
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Woooohooooooooo!

I was back on the Bowery this morning after its conversion to a girl's bike, and managed to hit and hold 25.5 mph (agreed by 2 computers) on the flat twice! My cadence sensor seems not to be playing so I don't know what cadence that was...

And nobody overtook me. I overtook several people, including one girl on a really pretty red and gold raleigh cruiser.

I think I might just be back in the game.

:twisted: :twisted:

Two? 2? Deux? Zwei? Dos? Tan?

Good speed though, and well done on being back in the game. Make sure you keep stretching and flexing carefully.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • I found the old one which I never removed the bracket for! Too lazy to remove it, and it seems that I put the cable ties for the cadence comp over the wires for the normal comp... :oops:

It's fun to measure! :D
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    At least you can run lots of real time information across the two screens. Cadence (when you get it working) speed, average speed etc data central. The risk is that you will be spending so long reading all the information that you will cycle straight in to the back of a bus. (I hope that doesn't turn in to a prediction, I can't handle the guilt as it is :wink: )
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    It's fun to measure! :D

Form an orderly queue boys....

:P :wink:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Congrats Lit - on the downside Mrs JW has seen piccies of your cruiser and wants one - and I have to ride in public with her on occasion :oops:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I just did some sums and if I get them right LiT was spinning at 390rpm at 25.5mph...

I didn't get them right, did I. Back to the drawing board.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Oh! Divide by п, right?

Makes 124 rpm. Much more sensible.
  • biondino wrote:
    Oh! Divide by п, right?

Makes 124 rpm. Much more sensible.

124 rpm?? That still seems WAY too high for the likes of me. I was spinning like Alistair Campbell compared to my usual leg speed, but 124rpm?

I am on 700x26 tyres... if that makes a difference...
  • Congrats Lit - on the downside Mrs JW has seen piccies of your cruiser and wants one - and I have to ride in public with her on occasion :oops:

I heartily support Mrs JW in her wish to own a cruiser. Chain reaction cycles is the place to go.

I was considering getting one of these... mostly for the comedy value.

28865.jpg
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Congrats Lit - on the downside Mrs JW has seen piccies of your cruiser and wants one - and I have to ride in public with her on occasion :oops:

I heartily support Mrs JW in her wish to own a cruiser. Chain reaction cycles is the place to go.

28865.jpg

If someone scalped me on one of those I'd have to hang up my bibs for good and donate the Prince to...
  • Congrats Lit - on the downside Mrs JW has seen piccies of your cruiser and wants one - and I have to ride in public with her on occasion :oops:

28865.jpg

If someone scalped me on one of those I'd have to hang up my bibs for good and donate the Prince to...

ME? I can but try :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I might buy one and switch the sprocket to a 9t... Or I might change the sprocket on the existing one! Mind you, seeing as I can barely lift it I'd have to do my scalping on the flat... and push it up hills!