FEAR NOT FOR YOURSELVES, FOR YOUR SOULS ARE DOOMED
    THE END OF AGE HAS COME.

I’M BACK!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bl**dy anthropomorphic manifestations :twisted:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hmmmm yes but that involves clicking start, clicking 'programs', clicking accessories, clicking calculator, typing, and then going 'ah'. Way too slow for the MTV generation.

Oooorrr... Right clicking on the item in the Accessories list, and sending it to the Desktop as a shortcut....

And then sticking it in the Quicklaunch bar ...? :wink::D:wink:

or just typing it in google...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Christ, first the people at Condor are scared of racing and now it's being linked to Class A substances!!! Silly Commuter Racing is really coming of age! We really should let the Olympics minister know so they don't waste all this time building a velodrome and instead just hold alley cat races though London during the rush hour for 2012 :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    He has a point with no. 7, but what I think he really means is:

7. Never show that you are trying
    Point 6 covers this to some extent. Otherwise I refrain from visibly breathing, or putting in any extra effort whilst scalping.
  • Wasn't it mainly class B?
    Dan
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Perhaps we should add an SCR class to this

http://www.ratraceadventure.com/ 8)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    It's that time of day

tumbleweed.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    OK it's the mildest, driest evening of the week so far, and for the first time this week I saw a gritter wagon on the way home. I dread to think what tomorrow's going to be like if they've finally brought the gritters out.
  • itboffin
    It's finally stopped snowing I just went outside and our road is under a good six inches of hard packed snow with another fresh six on top - I'm never going to be able to ride my bike again :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm never going to be able to ride my bike again :cry:

You 'll just have to get one of these then.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Done bike in snow in Brizzle today with the only contact betwixt ground and body was feet when it got a little slippy. Pulled away from the lights at the Newfoundland Circus ahead of the car(s), topped out at 18mph :) Going to see what AT2K made of the ride later.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    iain_j wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm never going to be able to ride my bike again :cry:

You 'll just have to get one of these then.

I'd rather walk thanks :?
  • itboffin
    Good Night John-Boy :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:
    Going to see what AT2K made of the ride later.

Slippy & slidy and slow. Youtube doesn't like the clip depsite uploading overnight :x
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:
    It's that time of day

tumbleweed.jpg

OK your REALLY going to have to get out more :roll:

Or possibly take up the banjo
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Going to see what AT2K made of the ride later.

Slippy & slidy and slow. Youtube doesn't like the clip depsite uploading overnight :x

Now managed to get it liked by youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_979x2_g6g
  • I rode an actual bike today! Not a spinning bike, and actual bike on the road. And it was good.

Back commuting from Monday..... :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    It's that time of day

OK your REALLY going to have to get out more :roll:

Or possibly take up the banjo

3 hrs of digging just to get my drive clear enough to roll the car back onto road then spin NOWHERE.

I did see one of my neighbours going for a run in short and trainers :shock:
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Well its been coming but as I have now moved off the MTB and onto a Hybrid I have used the calculator and it says my FCN is:13

No longer can I hide behind the fat boy on a MTB excuse for being passed by a wicker basket 90 year old woman !!!!!!!!

Time to MTFU
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    gb155 wrote:
    Well its been coming but as I have now moved off the MTB and onto a Hybrid I have used the calculator and it says my FCN is:13

No longer can I hide behind the fat boy on a MTB excuse for being passed by a wicker basket 90 year old woman !!!!!!!!

Time to MTFU

So how is it Gaz? Are you scything through the streets at comparative warp speed, are you loving the improvement?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

Time to MTFU

So how is it Gaz? Are you scything through the streets at comparative warp speed, are you loving the improvement?

If my experience of going from my cr4ppy old MTB last week when it was snowing back to the roadie on Friday is anything to go by a noticeable improvement should occur!

I'm off games for 2 days now as I'm currently in a hotel up in Barlborough (J30 of the M1), thankfully I can get a "low" signal from the offices wireless lan, which is just behind the hotel so I can keep up with everyone else's exploits and actually might read the "Why men shave their legs" thread :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gb155
    Attica wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

Time to MTFU

Only rode it the 2 miles home yesterday, Then spent time putting lights etc on and setting it up, Today was shopping with the misses so the commute in the morning will be my first real ride, my PB being 24 mins, Lets see how it goes, Though it did feel pretty good if a little strange riding it home (but then I was wearing trousers and shoes lol)

• attica
    gb155 wrote:
    Only rode it the 2 miles home yesterday, Then spent time putting lights etc on and setting it up, Today was shopping with the misses so the commute in the morning will be my first real ride, my PB being 24 mins, Lets see how it goes, Though it did feel pretty good if a little strange riding it home (but then I was wearing trousers and shoes lol)

You're implying that you normally ride in just your pants (or less) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good luck tomorrow though, enjoy
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • gb155
    Attica wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

You're implying that you normally ride in just your pants (or less) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good luck tomorrow though, enjoy

LOL, Shorts and trainers lol

Hopefully I will, Thanks :)

• First commute for 7 weeks... tomorrow morning!

Now, do I take the rubbish roadie, or the bowery... I did manage about 18 miles through hilly hilly herefordshire saturday, but I did have gears... hmmmmmmmmmmm...

The bowery has a pannier rack... so much easier.
  • Gears. Take the gears.

Honestly. I can see Monday afternoon's post: "took the single speed, felt a twang, been to hospital, now back in a cast ..."
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Mutter mutter panniers mutter. Grumble backpack grumble.

I suppose I brought it all the way here. It's hanging out over there, mocking me with its inferior geometry and downtube shifters.

Fernando the chinchilla is trying to eat it. Go Fernando! :D
  • As G66 has said, TAKE THE ROADIE........I don't want to be reading that in the process of showing all the roadies up in Ealing you've gone and knackered your foot again :-(

Besides on the roadie your a lower FCN so you have more targets :twisted:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • attica
    spin Livs spin

remember it's not how fast you pedal that matters, ultimately it's how fast you get from A to B, oh and being able to pedal also helps
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Besides on the roadie your a lower FCN so you have more targets :twisted:

isnt that against the ethics of the game though?
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg