Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Jesus Mary Mother of God. I could not have felt more exposed if I'd been riding in my bare ars*.....

Please stop I appear to be crying at work.

I have been dicing (as my sig block shows) with getting a little bike cap myself (is this a chappette?) as the ming that runs out of my lid in these humid days is truly rank. I have UN weapons inspectors camped out in my garden so powerful is its toxicity. I'm thinking a little bike cap would:

a) stop some the caustic ming burning my skin and frying my eyeballs
    b) make me Eddie Mercykxkk (how do you spell that?)

As SGI rightfully points out however it would also make me a 3, if the Mrs comes through with Oakelys for my Birthday I'm a 2 and have to lose 5 KG lest I get hunted down and melted for oil.

VLs right of course a wee cap will mark me out for hunting large style (it is a V large adjuster - actually I think a little bike capo instead of a lid is basically a gauntlet in the face of any man with two wheels and chain.

I am so Pro I'm not wearing a lid AND I'm man enough to wear the cap of challenge.....So then SGI - I say wear your cap and man up for the big show.

Let me know how it goes....

I might go to Evans now and have a look at one......

It may be an easy way of spotting players.....

Speaking of which where has Snooks gone? Last week he was getting a road bike and since then...... nothing........ has he traded up and felt the shame of the dropped roadie?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Greg T wrote:
    I am so Pro I'm not wearing a lid

[stern finger wagging face]

Does your job require you to spill sand around the floor, play with coloured bricks, and aspire to have the skills required to play with your own faeces? Or do you have to think for a living?

If the former, don't wear a helmet. If the latter, WEAR A HELMET!

[/stern finger wagging face]

One that's more holes than helmet. And that looks like it has cool exhaust ports all over the back of it. Like this one.

A 38 tonne pantechnicon will bounce over your head lying in the road if you wear this. True story.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg66 wrote:
    One that's more holes than helmet. And that looks like it has cool exhaust ports all over the back of it. Like this one.

A 38 tonne pantechnicon will bounce over your head lying in the road if you wear this. True story.

That is one of the nicest looking helmets I've ever seen :lol: pun fully intended btw.........the only problem is that more holes generally means more money, making this thing rather expensive i suspect :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • That is one of the nicest looking helmets I've ever seen :lol: pun fully intended btw.........the only problem is that more holes generally means more money, making this thing rather expensive i suspect :-(

Around £130.

I wear a Rudy Project Kontact + (with Rudy Project wraparounds, how much a of a victim am I..?)

Its mid range, but with high end features. I reckon its a better helmet than the Giro Atmos (~£100) I used to wear. It certainly feels more confortable. I paid about £50 for it and felt that I'd got a good deal, but I've just noticed that Ribble cycles is selling last years (poss. year before...) for about £30. I reckon that's a bargain.
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
    (John F Kennedy)

Hairy Roadie (new scoring) FCN 1/2
  • greg66_tri_v2.0

Ooooh. That looks nice. Would go with my RP Ekynoxes too.

Trouble is, I have found that I have an odd head shape. Giro helmets do not fit me. They clamp the sides of my head like the final stages of childbirth. And not in a good way. Met, OTOH, fit like a glove. Well, a helmet, actually. I can't fit a glove on my head.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Bassjunkieuk
    That is one of the nicest looking helmets I've ever seen :lol: pun fully intended btw.........the only problem is that more holes generally means more money, making this thing rather expensive i suspect :-(

Around £130.

I wear a Rudy Project Kontact + (with Rudy Project wraparounds, how much a of a victim am I..?)

Its mid range, but with high end features. I reckon its a better helmet than the Giro Atmos (~£100) I used to wear. It certainly feels more confortable. I paid about £50 for it and felt that I'd got a good deal, but I've just noticed that Ribble cycles is selling last years (poss. year before...) for about £30. I reckon that's a bargain.

Well not wanting to go off topic to much, but that does look nice and I'm "sure" I noticed a crack on my current lid a few weeks back :-) So it looks like my current one might need replacing in the not to distant future!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    We need some graphics type to alter the vid on this for one quality feem toon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzsK4FAnx0

the lyrics are awesome... I've been signing this to myself for a while now :lol:
    Motorhead wrote:
    It's time to play the game...
    Time to play the game!

It's all about the game and how you play it
    All about control and if you can take it
    All about your debt and if you can pay it
    It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

I am the game and you don't wanna play me
    I am control, no way you can shake me
    I am heavy debts, no way you can pay me
    I am the pain and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
    Like a flaming pitch from a smokin gun
    I am the game and I make the rules
    So move on out and you can die on your foot
    Try to figure out what my move's gonna be
    Come on over, sucker, why don't you ask me?
    Don't you forget there's a price you can pay
    Cause I am the game and I want to play...

Time to play the game!

It's all about the game and how you play it
    It's all about control and if you can take it
    It's all about your debt and if you can pay it
    It's all about the pain and who's gonna make it

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
    I am control, there's no way you can shake me
    I am your debt and you know you can't pay me
    I am your pain and I know you can't take me

Play the game
    You're gonna be the same
    You're gonna change your name
    You're gonna die in flames

Time to play the game!

Time to play the game!
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Well not wanting to go off topic to much, but that does look nice and I'm "sure" I noticed a crack on my current lid a few weeks back :-) So it looks like my current one might need replacing in the not to distant future!

Since looking the part is an integral aspect of your FCN calculation, it isn't strictly off topic. For a roadie this would be a free upgrade, but if you go out looking the dog's danglies then you're going to be worth more to a potential opponent than someone who looks like they've been dragged through a halfords backwards.

This is where the soul/ego based scoring system comes in. On paper, an elderly steel-framed Raleigh racer, circa 1973 scores the same as a carbon De Rosa weighing a gnat's fart. There are plenty of speedy geezers who would argue that if steel was good enough for Merckx its good enough for them, and fair play to them, but you know, in your heart of hearts, which one you would rather humble and which you would feel worse for being humbled by.
    (John F Kennedy)

• Greg T
    edited July 2008
    This is where the soul/ego based scoring system comes in. On paper, an elderly steel-framed Raleigh racer, circa 1973 scores the same as a carbon De Rosa weighing a gnat's fart................... which one you would rather humble and which you would feel worse for being humbled by.

Well this is an interesting space isn't it.....

Without wishing to unbalance the carefully constructed order of things and create opportunities for schism amongst the bretheren there are very fine dividers in the higher orders of Roadie.....

Any man jack with a couple of grand in his pocket can walk out of Evans with a spanking Colnago (I do not know why - I just dig Italian Frames and want one - bad).....

Yes I know getting a couple of grand to blow is the limit here but let's not forget bikes are toys and everyone loves toys....

So then - the barrier to FCN 4 and let's face it the upper echelons (by appearance if not performance) of that FCN is say 2K. Loads of guys have money and no quads - my scalp cupboard is full of them.

However - to ride a gleaming 70's road bike with Gucci kit, friction levers on the down tube - you need to know your onions....

Obviously there's a thin divider here from someone who's sourced Indurain's fav bike as a teenager and just loves to do Alpine cols in homage to his hero and some guy who's found a bike in his shed and is going for a pint of milk......

I fancy an old steel bike with Campagnolo kit - resprayed in a loud block colour.......

Brook saddle

Cow horn bars

If I get an exemption from my Dad - little bike cap.

If I had a bike like that I'd be great - popular and handsome.

• jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    I actually passed a sixty something bloke in what look like retro (old?) team kit on a lovely steel colnago a few weeks ago. We exchanged pleasantries. He'd clearly been there and done that long enough ago not to need to play the game
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Greg T wrote:
    Speaking of which where has Snooks gone? Last week he was getting a road bike and since then...... nothing........ has he traded up and felt the shame of the dropped roadie?

Thanx Greg, It's nice to be missed :D

I've been keeping tabs on what's been happening, but nothing more to report as I haven't been commuting :( I can only cycle to work when I'm in the office, but seeing I'm a yachting photographer, I have to be out and about on the water taking pretty pics of boats. This week I've been motoring up and down the M3 like a berserk powerball Mon, Tue,and Wed, and I might have to do it again on Friday!!! All worth it though :wink:

2696074963_fb33a97e33_o.jpg

As for my bike status I've put a claim for my ride to work voucher to get me a bike and find out what all this wobbly bar stuff is about, not mi shaving legs tho, and still enjoy a bit of off road :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Greg T wrote:
    This is where the soul/ego based scoring system comes in. On paper, an elderly steel-framed Raleigh racer, circa 1973 scores the same as a carbon De Rosa weighing a gnat's fart................... which one you would rather humble and which you would feel worse for being humbled by.

Well this is an interesting space isn't it.....

Without wishing to unbalance the carefully constructed order of things and create opportunities for schism amongst the bretheren there are very fine dividers in the higher orders of Roadie.....

Of course, I meant no disrespect to those of us who wear beards, have CAMRA membership and look back fondly on their morris dancing days... :wink:

The truth is, I find topping out a serious looking cyclist on a well maintained Coppi slightly less satisfying than besting a banker who's gone out and shot his wad on a high-end Trek because he can. For a start, the steel rider is less likely to be playing The Game and that makes any win feel slightly hollow. Secondly, they tend to be good and experienced riders, so winning has more of a chance aspect to it than going out and taking Mr All-the-gear-no-idea all ends up.

To go back to my reference to duelling scars in the distant past, there is honour in facing up to noble competition, but there's joy in beating a twonk... Maybe its just the perversity of my nature.

Blackadder: It is said, Percy, that civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God.
    Percy: [Delighted] Yes, I'd heard that.
    Blackadder: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dcikhead to remind me I'm best.
    (Blackadder the second)
    (John F Kennedy)

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...if he hadn't tried I may have let it go, it being so hot an' all, but he tried. I heard him change gear, I heard his breathe, and I went...lone break...2.2 miles to the finish...I didn't even look round, this was no Lance and Jan moment, I went and I could hear him behind me. Opened a gap on the last hill and lost him...

...I was sweating so much when I arrived at work I was dripping, but oh the feeling of victory :D:D 8) :lol:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Greg T
    Blackadder: It is said, Percy, that civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God.
    Percy: [Delighted] Yes, I'd heard that.
    Blackadder: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dcikhead to remind me I'm best.
    (Blackadder the second)

I have a mate who's 6' 2", blonde, blue eyed, chiselled, PhD from Cambridge and just finished in the top 1/3 of the etape....

I hate him and refuse to stand next to him at parties as he makes me look short, old, tired, stupid and fat.

Now then.

My ongoing battle with the dark arts of "one click shift" rear mech response has been playing on my mind. Last night I'm road testing the latest dousing of chicken's blood and incantations to see if it's done the trick. My mind has also been turned by all the singles banging on and on and on about how great singlies are....

So I spend the best part of hour last night between 15 and 12...

There's a guy / girl combo who are regulars on the embankment run, they both have singlies and wear baseball caps - I've seen them before on a Tandem. Any road up - he is rapid. Proper fast and he's done me many many times.

I pass them as they are chatting going up to Lambeth bridge - He appears at the lights at the next junction and I fully expect him to drop me as previously.

However - I'm playing well outside my comfort zone with my uber gearing and think "this far and no further!" I tuck in and wait to see what passes.

Well what passes is that we are doing 28 down the embankment and I'm on 12 cog feeling good. What he must have his singlie geared to makes my eyes bleed.

So then I think this is my time - let's see if I can lead this guy off.....

Out I go and spinning up that big gear pass this dude. Obviously I don't drop him but avoid the "drop of shame" that an immediate counterpassing invokes and keep it up for the stretch all the way to Albert Bridge. We top at out 30mph

As we move away from the lights he eases by - I'm wasted and I book the "traffic" excuse to let him go....

I pass him just by the petrol station probably waiting for his Mrs (or recovering - but that's just a lie I tell myself).

He clocks me

"I can't do it again" I say to him

"Oh go on" he smiles back

Now that's all very heart warming - however...... This morning I appear to be broken. I hit the big red GO button this morning only to find that the engine is completely unresponsive. I resorted to the "use in emergencies only" handle on my motivation to no avail. As a last resort I pulled the bile coloured "Oh Sweet Jaysus just get me there" toggle - this had limited effect. Thankfully I managed to grab a lift with a couple of roadies who dragged me a couple of miles - I even had a spot at the front despite my advanced state of decay.

How I kept a clean sheet is beyond me.

I've pushed a bacon and egg sarnie down my neck as part of my refuel strategy.

I've got to get home yet - oh feck.

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    Greg T wrote:
    Now that's all very heart warming - however...... This morning I appear to be broken. I hit the big red GO button this morning only to find that the engine is completely unresponsive. I resorted to the "use in emergencies only" handle on my motivation to no avail. As a last resort I pulled the bile coloured "Oh Sweet Jaysus just get me there" toggle - this had limited effect. Thankfully I managed to grab a lift with a couple of roadies who dragged me a couple of miles - I even had a spot at the front despite my advanced state of decay.

This is a Good Thing.

One step backwards. Two steps forwards. Tomorrow you will be stronger. And then the blood of your foes will run thick in the gutters of the Embankment!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

This is a Good Thing.

One step backwards. Two steps forwards. Tomorrow you will be stronger. And then the blood of your foes will run thick in the gutters of the Embankment!

Indeed. Have heart mon brave!

Remember the keening of their womenfolk fom your past triumphs. Such merry music you will surely hear again! There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in the camps of your enemies tomorrow - of this I have no doubt.
  • PS. Anyone know how I change my username? I'm bored of being the Sea_Green_Incorruptible....
  • 2wheelzgood
    2wheelzgood Posts: 373
    edited July 2008
    Wow so many tales of courage and diggin deep. There's more drama on the streets of London wth the Players than on le tour du let's all stay in le peloton and wait for le time trial.

Greg you're a star. Humble in defeat yet giving it your all.
    Having upped my gear ratio to equal highest of the Fixed & SS guys I ride with now, I have a new respect for them. I have a freewheel, I have an 80+ inch gear, I have an aerobar, yet still (and maybe as a result of adding 14.3 more efforts in every 100 with the small cog) I was languishing near the back on an easy ride t'other day.

A fixed rider on form makes it look so easy, so graceful and I find it amazing how they never swear(edit: or even sweat} even on a medium gear at 25+mph. I bet this guy who showed you the true order of the food chain had a gear so big he could ride a bus-length on a pedal stroke.. "eye-watering" indeed.

Man I long for epic battles where I can lay the smackdown yet I barely see bikes and don't commute regularly. I think it's bad form to attack the peloton of my mates on fixies when on a social ride too.. plus I'd be being overtaken quickly (with no chance of points as they are the fancy, real mean with bling hubs and white tyres types)

I bet the flash fixed riders could beat that pansy Cadel in a TT
    8)
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)
  • 2wheelzgood
    Can't understand a word but I think the Japanese fixed riders play the Game too.

(borrowed from Fixed Gear Leeds)
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    edited July 2008
    this morning I'm in Greg T's camp of my legs feeling empty I'm on fumes and the circuits class later doesn't bode well for the journey home... I'm testing out the single gear ration for my impending trip to condor on Saturday and I see a target ahead of me... as I get closer it's someone the size of Mr Stay Puft the marshmallow man but he's on a fast looking hybrid with thin wheels that (I don't know how) are holding him up but he has legs like my waist and he's churning hard.

we get to a hill and I can hear the clicking of his gears... all nice and smooth (take note Greg) and he spinning but going nowhere and whizz past him think gravity's a bitch... over the top of the hill and I'm heading down it around 30 freewheeling after a while the thought occurs to me that I might be overtaken by a flaming ball of gravity powered fat but I think he's still struggling with the hill... He catches up at the traffic lights and I bin him on the flat...

there's no real point to that I just wanted to use the phrase flaming ball of gravity powered fat. :lol:

Edit: 2wheels, what ratio do you run normally?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Greg T
    Clever Pun wrote:
    flaming ball of gravity powered fat

Champions league quality posting.
    2wheels, what ratio do you run normally?

What's this a singlies fetish drop in club? Keep your filth in your sheds where it belongs.....

I am not tempted ..... argh

• 2wheelzgood
    [filthy dirty ss speak]
    CP, I was using 42-16 for the first few months. on 700x28s.
    I found I was topping out too easily on flats and gentle downhills (IIRC 25mph= 120 cadence...)

I ordered a 14t rear and am finding it hardly any tougher up the long slog hills even with it being warmer.. maintaining similar speeds speed. On flats its way easier to keep 3-5mph more..makes a big difference to cycling time over 5 miles I reckon.
    I'm yet to try 1 in 4 or 5 hills that had everything creaking and me pulling on my wide bar ends like an inverted monkey bar when I used to weigh the equivalent of 2 of my mates back in primary school.. the shame.
    [/ss filth]

as you were
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Dammit I miss my Albert embankment commute. There is no-one worthy on my rather short Pimlico to Borough jaunt! My GF lives in Willdesden green and I really thought that the Kilburn, Edgeware road, Park Lane route would offer some fodder, but there’s nothing!

Just been looking over the categories and wonder where I stand:

3. Proper rapid Single speed (real men, messengers, tarty shiny fixies) *
    4. Roadies with hairy legs - like men *
    5. Faux Single Speeds (fakengers, dirty/functional bikes, silly egg beater gear) *

I'm no messenger but commute on a Pearson Touche (singlespeed) 48/16, it’s not tarty (much: red tires, white tape and white arione saddle, white hubs and rims on the way though). Tend to wear baggy Swrve shorts, spd-l's and either a cycling jersey or Rapha fixed t, (I know, I know but they were on offer) also have a rather excellent Re:load messenger bag which I suppose makes me a bit of a fakenger but dammit singlespeed/fixed is THE ONLY WAY to commute. I always wear a cap (usually a garish Castelli one, I have several in red, white and blue combos of course!) – pleased to read that this marks me out as a target, yet no-one ever seems to give chase or even put up a fight. Perhaps I need to make the commute longer, take in the embankment and start commuting on my Pinarello, would this get me some action I wonder…

At the moment I reckon I’m a 3, but at weekends and the occasional commute I’m a 4.
  • 2wheelzgood
    whoa there lad.. I think we need a re-count.
    I'd say your on 3 to start with, coloured tyres and white hubs.. especially since it's clear you value and know your kit and don't see these things as "much"!! Do you abbreviate titanium to "tai"? and talk to your mates about ringing Bob Jay? hehe
    I bet you take pictures of your classy lugs too? :wink: TBH so would I if I had a nice bike. Dawes is welded- badly and the paint bubbles after 5 years.

and I'm going to be easy on your modifiers else we're going to have to alter the FCn scale to a Kelvin-like numbering system!

Raffa cap or cycling shirt -1 (raffa shirt another -1, too harsh; discuss?)
    obvious messenger bag (although cool and functional is a sign of trying), -1

so depending on judgement and whether your legs are ladylike or not, you could but on a par with or higher up even than our resident fixed-killer on his lighter than helium roadbike, the monster that is Greg 66.
    :shock: :lol:

good luck keeping a clean sheet! :wink:
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• Greg T
    whoa there lad.. I think we need a re-count.

What he said!

Think again JB.

There are clear indicators both subtle and profound that you are worth more than your bare minimum 3.

Red tires, white tape and white arione saddle....

Rapha fixed t (I don't know what this means but it sounds gucci)

Re:load messenger bag

Cap (usually a garish Castelli) - (Don't tell Dad)

I'd put you at a high 2 if not a 1 (tart tyres and cap - dead give away)

If you get your tres tres chi chi white hubs and tyres I'd suggest you stay off the embankment to prevent a TDF style mass crash at the Albert Bridge lights......

If you venture down that way tonight don't push on - I'm as weak as American lager.

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Sadly no lugs - the Pearson is a tad agricultural - serious money is saved for the best bike.
    Hairy legs though.
    Dammit next week I'm hitting the Embankment on the Prince with full Castelli lycra and no bag... time to start the morning Richmond park rides again - although as I'd be training and not commuting would I be eligible I wonder?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    you could but on a par with or higher up even than our resident fixed-killer on his lighter than helium roadbike, the monster that is Greg 66.
    :shock: :lol:

good luck keeping a clean sheet! :wink:

Steady on there, lad.

Plainly start on 3 with a bike like that. Baggy shorts +1, but Rapha -1 in my book, so they cancel out. Courier bag is zero, but a cap is -1. Coloured tyres is another -1.

So +1 overall.

By the by: saw a fixie the other evening (we headed off in different directions though) at the lights. Proper round polished track bars, with white bar tape on the bottom three inches only. Shaved legs, shiny frame, cap, Oakleys, lycra'd to the nines. MONSTER calves. His head would have looked good on the wall of my study, but 'twas not to be. Another time.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Having ridden most of the way home last night without so much as a sniff of a worthy foe, I thought my luck was in when I spotted someone on what appeared to be a drop bar bike heading towards the cyclepath cut through near Colliers Wood!

I was feeling a bit drained and had decided to "take it easy" on the way home, but this all went out the window when I saw this streak of lycra! I dropped a gear and caught up as there's a rather awkward metal gate/barrier type thing that requires some rather nifty handling to get through without un-clipping. We both through and heading for the cycle crossing then he goes and does the unthinkable - jumps the red light on the crossing!

All my hopes or a worthy oppo are shattered as he proves himself to be a dirtbag of the lowest order, and to top it off I think he was a shaved like a lady to! Light didn't change for about 45 seconds and he was long gone before I crossed.

On the plus side I did get a smile from a rather nice looking ladie cyclist on the way home, shame she was heading in the wrong direction tho!

As a quick side note I think this thread could be on for a record breaker, we're currently sitting at 48 pages and with 1000's of views it more popular then all the stickies put together!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • 2wheelzgood
    I can't and don't want to count the time wasted, no sorry.. time spent gaining invaluable knowledge on this thread. I think it's longer than all the writing I've done for work this year!
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• Greg T
    All my hopes or a worthy oppo are shattered as he proves himself to be a dirtbag of the lowest order, and to top it off I think he was a shaved like a lady to! Light didn't change for about 45 seconds and he was long gone before I crossed.

Oh God!

I was going to keep this dark but you know - circle of trust and all that.

So this morning was a desperate slow speed grafting pain filled grind for me - I'm suffering large.

But - the Gods are kind and have kept me clean for 12 miles - on Lower Thames St and the sanctuary of the cable st bike lane within touching distance - I'm squeezing out the last dregs.

Braking for the last set of lights before Tower Hill

Whizz

Hybrid.

OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

This means I'm going to have to do him on the little climb up Tower hill and frankly I need that like I need Leprosy...

BUT - he RLJs the lights.

Thank feck for that - I can let him go..... with a dodgy call to be made on if he done me or not (I say mostly not)