Silly commuting racing

Comments

• snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521

b) Man flu is a myth. You have a cold. Suck it up. However, colds do affect performance. This is not an excuse for being scalped.

Erm sorry LiT, are you a man?

I'll say it slowly for you once more

ARE

YOU

A

MAN?

NO?

Then how can you know???

Eh?

Eh?

:wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • BoardinBob wrote:
    A guaranteed cure for "man flu" is to get a fcuking grip :D

I don't understand, how will it help??

AGG175.jpg

Groan... Sorry. :oops: :D

Oh yeah, and I agree with bob.
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    There seems to be a lot of whingywhingersonning going on today about tropical diseases and what not.

Nearly took a spill this morning riding over some crunchy snow; the bike was snaking like a sidewinder. Made it through the other side and went on to nail a hybrid with a backpack too. I was on the Booze Bike this morning, 3 speed with flat pedals and a pannier. It has wider, more grippy tyres than my other two steeds to cope with these Arctic conditions we are all currently experiencing.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,352
    Wheezy, Greg, Greg, it's all very simple.

a) Stay on the bike. All MTFU points are automatically null and void if you take public transport or drive, unless it's to the hospital to have your frostbitten necrotic finger stumps surgically removed, and they're the ones you require for braking. If they're ring fingers or little fingers, this covenant is rendered null and void.

b) Man flu is a myth. You have a cold. Suck it up. However, colds do affect performance. This is not an excuse for being scalped.

Your attempt at becoming the voice of reason in point A is undermined by the complete loss of sanity in point B

Furthermore you miss the fundamental point under discussion - it cannot be considered MFTUness to get on the bike but cry like a baby. "O poor me, I've got Ebola, WahWahWah"

I'm glad you have brought Fingerless Fiennes back into the discussion, it proves my point entirely.

Hard and full MTFU points- Remove fingers to feed to huskies for final push to the pole.

Not hard and no MTFU points- My fingers are so sore as the tissue begins to heal (under medical advice) I'm going to cut them off and speak about it endless on Topgear and at after dinner speaking engagements

This matter is now closed as I am correct!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    This matter is now closed as I am correct!

Ever thought about a career in politics? :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231

But it's been on the telly, so must be true
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • If lived in london. I would give you a race and possibly a run for your money.

Even when I'm suffering with man flu. Man flu is only a state of mind not a condition. Some of you are whimps. Get a bit of a sniffle and your legs are incaple of moving.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Wheezy, Greg, Greg, it's all very simple.

a) Stay on the bike. All MTFU points are automatically null and void if you take public transport or drive, unless it's to the hospital to have your frostbitten necrotic finger stumps surgically removed, and they're the ones you require for braking. If they're ring fingers or little fingers, this covenant is rendered null and void.

Does RF know this?

(I currently have man flu, but biked and swam this morning anyway)
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    crying.JPG

Woah there, that clown is frickin scary.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    crying.JPG

thats why they are all riding so fast.. I know it make me ride faster
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Attica wrote:
    crying.JPG

thats why they are all riding so fast.. I know it make me ride faster

I'm more scared about the socks and sandels combo! :shock:
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Up in 't' ull (here in Hull) we had a lovely 10 minute hail storm in the middle of my ride this morning. Yesterday it was minus 4 etc etc. I was at the lights going straight on today when a van turned into my path followed by two twelve year old girls in a clio who came within inches of my front wheel. I would have barked at them but for the fear in their eyes. Wonderful I thought I inspire fear! Until I got to work and hopped in the shower only to look in the mirror to find my cheeks have developed an interesting set of scales from constantly dealing with salty spray and me being far too manly to use any 'cream'

I realise what the girls in the clio saw was a 16stone snake riding a bicycle and glaring through their windscreen not 20 minutes after they got out of bed. A genuinely Horrible immage.

I may have to submit to the shame of moisturising as in a meeting this morning my reptillian features had children pointing through the window and sayying 'mummy look, a lizard but fatter'[/i]
    FCN 4 dependant on beard

Boardman cx pro on slicks

"It CAN live in the house and we DO have room for another"
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    edited October 2008
    Steve - post a "Anyone got any moisturiser tips?" on the race boards - I bet you get loads of hits!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I may have to submit to the shame of moisturising as in a meeting this morning my reptillian features had children pointing through the window and sayying 'mummy look, a lizard but fatter'

Post of the day by a long way!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Afternoon Ladies and Germs. I'm delighted to say that I MTFU'd this morning and got back on the bike. I'm still feeling unusually susceptible to the cold though so was seriuosly layered up - oh and a 10am start so no competition on the roads, just as well really. It was a joy being back on the bike though.

Also cheered by the memory of last nights stunning Lampard goal...
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    FFS another germ sodden victim raises his kitten weak head and mewls to his fellow sufferers for comfort.

What the hell is going on here people, GT with Ebola, half the women with man-flu, Ker-rist next thing we know Attica will be swanning around with a sex change featuring mad cow complications!

I fully expectr to be the only person posting tomorrow morning if we don't all start toughening the f*** up!

Take your vitamins, binge on berroca and lap up those lemsips, I'm fed up with hearing cyber-sniffles people so i want some health sprinkled about in liberal doses.

cheers all enough said!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I just sneezed...

It's probably serious
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Feltup wrote:
    I just sneezed...

It's probably serious

I think you mean sinus.

On the bright side after my medicinal curry i'm feeling re-fuelled and less likely to quiche out large on the way home. That having been said I was very very poor on the way in so who knows.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    MTFU.

Because it had to be said.
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • Jen J
    dafruk wrote:
    MTFU.

Because it had to be said.

Pfft. We're wallowing in self-pity here. Leave us be.

:D
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Littigator wrote:
    Ker-rist next thing we know Attica will be swanning around with a sex change featuring mad cow complications!

Actually I've been MTFDing since yesterday, all in a good cause though, on Sunday i'll be MTFUing big stylee, 100 miles across Exmoor, cower puny weaklings!

BTW Ms Litts, I've been meaning to ask, how did your operation go?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Well my lunchtime jaunt around hyde park was rather amusing - west-to-east runs were tiresome and pretty slow due to the wind, east-to-west I was going seriously quickly!

I also drafted taxis on the down-and-up past Candy corner - west to east you see. I enjoy their surprise when I'm still right behind them!

Oh and I had a cold (not man-flu) and it's pretty much gone away now, thanks to hefty doses of vitamin c, zinc and MTFU.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Given the general nature of us all today, I wonder if I can find a recumbent to get me home? If the easterly is still blowing I could attach it to a kite to it and simply sit down with a nice hot Lemsip and let the bike/kite do all the work.

Anyone know where I can find such a contraption? And what FCN would it be?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Greg T wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    I just sneezed...

It's probably serious

I think you mean sinus.

On the bright side after my medicinal curry i'm feeling re-fuelled and less likely to quiche out large on the way home. That having been said I was very very poor on the way in so who knows.

Loving 'Quiche out'. Great bant!

Real men don't eat Quiche!
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Attica wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    Ker-rist next thing we know Attica will be swanning around with a sex change featuring mad cow complications!

Actually I've been MTFDing since yesterday, all in a good cause though, on Sunday i'll be MTFUing big stylee, 100 miles across Exmoor, cower puny weaklings!

BTW Ms Litts, I've been meaning to ask, how did your operation go?

mutter mutterarse grapes mutter not fair pickin on me mutter mutter
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    If the easterly is still blowing I could attach it to a kite to it and simply sit down with a nice hot Lemsip and let the bike/kite do all the work.

A boat?

Kite boarding?

Land Windsurfing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_windsurfing

O and soup fixes colds, but not man-flu (nothing fixes man-flu) :cry:
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    Given the general nature of us all today, I wonder if I can find a recumbent to get me home? If the easterly is still blowing I could attach it to a kite to it and simply sit down with a nice hot Lemsip and let the bike/kite do all the work.

Surely the FCN would depend on the wind...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Well after this mornings poor peformance, myself and the man flu retired to an empty office this afternoon and after a protracted debate we agreed to go our separate ways leaving me free to MTFU. Accordingly I set out home just a moment ago only to discover that my legs were packed with rocket fuel. I blasted home, took several scalps along the embankment and pulled into the ASL. Biker pulls up next to me:

"Oi mate"
    Me guardedly "yeah"
    "I clocked you at 28mph just now, fair play fella"
    "Cheers mate," brief pause - "and I've only got 1 gear"
    "Kudos!"

Loved it. Shows that the old SS isn't a slouch, pity I wasn't on the Pinarello!

Man Flu has been kicked into touch.
  • Jen J
    Well after this mornings poor peformance, myself and the man flu retired to an empty office this afternoon and after a protracted debate we agreed to go our separate ways leaving me free to MTFU. Accordingly I set out home just a moment ago only to discover that my legs were packed with rocket fuel. I blasted home, took several scalps along the embankment and pulled into the ASL. Biker pulls up next to me:

"Oi mate"
    Me guardedly "yeah"
    "I clocked you at 28mph just now, fair play fella"
    "Cheers mate," brief pause - "and I've only got 1 gear"
    "Kudos!"

Loved it. Shows that the old SS isn't a slouch, pity I wasn't on the Pinarello!

Man Flu has been kicked into touch.

Can't have been proper man flu then...:D
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • I was also ostensibly on fire on the way home, although nobody was around to comment on it, or indeed be scalped! I did chase a guy on a scooter a fair distance along a speed-bumped road, which was fun!