Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    biondino wrote:

Should I buy one of those £10k Colnago Ferraris as an investment?

Yes.

That's a much better idea than what I almost did at lunch - buying a Wii on impulse. Which would have been especially silly as I don't have a TV :oops:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Thnks for that speedy response, my weekend will be spent less frustrated and my Wii that I impulsively bought 2 weeks ago will get less of a battering.
  • Jen J
    dmcmylor wrote:
    Thnks for that speedy response, my weekend will be spent less frustrated and my Wii that I impulsively bought 2 weeks ago will get less of a battering.

But do you have a TV? ;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    edhornby wrote:
    mornin all

just a quick note to let you know that I will be duelling with a moped tomorrow lunchtime !!!!

One of the blokes who I work with has a wheeled hairdryer and he knows that I ride a FGSS, so there has been a great deal of general posturing which has turned into challenge from him to a race. I naturally agreed and we've got a short stretch of road identified and a crowd of assorted onlookers just to up the ante

I have a feeling I'm going to get nailed as it's a 200m standing start race but the pressure's all on him....

any tips ????

Nearly forgot about this

Any results yet??

I'm sorry to say I lost !! the shame...

it was only 75 yards so the course suited him not me, but next time I'll be getting a longer run at him and he'll be toast - I was within a bike lenght at all times, so the gear I have on the bike is fine...
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Thnks for that speedy response, my weekend will be spent less frustrated and my Wii that I impulsively bought 2 weeks ago will get less of a battering.
  • Don't know how I posted that one twice, nor do I know how to the copy the quote but JenJ yes I do have a TV and now have a Wii fit and extra remote and extra nunchuck and charging station for said remotes and skin for the Wii fit balance board and accessory pack for remotes it becomes an addiction !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jen J
    dmcmylor wrote:
    Don't know how I posted that one twice, nor do I know how to the copy the quote but JenJ yes I do have a TV and now have a Wii fit and extra remote and extra nunchuck and charging station for said remotes and skin for the Wii fit balance board and accessory pack for remotes it becomes an addiction !!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a 'quote' button up there ^ on the right :)

I was in Blockbuster of all places, and they had a very tempting deal on. Of course by the time I've bought a TV to go with it, it won't be so much of a bargain (let alone all the accessories!)... :?
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:
    dmcmylor wrote:
    Don't know how I posted that one twice, nor do I know how to the copy the quote but JenJ yes I do have a TV and now have a Wii fit and extra remote and extra nunchuck and charging station for said remotes and skin for the Wii fit balance board and accessory pack for remotes it becomes an addiction !!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a 'quote' button up there ^ on the right :)

I was in Blockbuster of all places, and they had a very tempting deal on. Of course by the time I've bought a TV to go with it, it won't be so much of a bargain (let alone all the accessories!)... :?

Thanks for that, hopefully this will work.

Don't start is my advice cos once you pop you just can't stop.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I usually wear cords to work which makes me one of the better dressed people at work

What the HELL are Cords?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino wrote:

Gah! It's making my eyes hurt... And I don't even have a hangover!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm suffering from a major hangover this morning. Nabbed an invite to the pre-launch party of Sophie's Steakhouse Covent Garden. Turned up only to discover that it was an open bar. So drank about 5 different cocktails then indulged in a 3 course meal for the princely sum of £0. Superb.

Can i add Fuzzy's Grub to the list of hangover cures please. http://www.fuzzysgrub.com/

I'll agree that skiing is the best cure ever though, skiing with a hipflask of bourbon to be precise.

• Can i add Fuzzy's Grub to the list of hangover cures please. http://www.fuzzysgrub.com/

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh pre credit-crunch Fuzzy's used to be one of our company-supplied lunch menu options here at work.

Those were the days. We've all lost about a stone since then... :cry::D
  • DonDaddyD
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Yes.

That's a much better idea than what I almost did at lunch - buying a Wii on impulse. Which would have been especially silly as I don't have a TV :oops:

You DON'T have a TV! HANG ON.....

YOU DON'T HAVE A TV!!??!!

wow, just, wow!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I usually wear cords to work which makes me one of the better dressed people at work

What the HELL are Cords?

sr_brook_8355.jpg

Or for a closer look.....

cropsquare_FLanczos_Q90_sr_brook_8355.jpg
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jen J
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Yes.

You DON'T have a TV! HANG ON.....

YOU DON'T HAVE A TV!!??!!

wow, just, wow!!!

I don't currently have a TV. However that may change if I end up buying a Wii on the way home...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    I'll agree that skiing is the best cure ever though, skiing with a hipflask of bourbon to be precise.

Right concept - wrong equipment. Surely you mean Snowboarding! Plus I prefer Schnapps or Jeigermeister in my hipflask when on the piste.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hey Jen can I come over and play on your wii?

Snowboarding is for people with tiny tiny handlebars and penises to match.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What the HELL are Cords?

sr_brook_8355.jpg

Or for a closer look.....

cropsquare_FLanczos_Q90_sr_brook_8355.jpg

:shock: Well I'll be, you learn something new everyday... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Jen J
    biondino wrote:

Only if you change the Bowery onto the fixed wheel for me.

And I haven't bought it yet.

Oh dear...I said yet...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino wrote:

Snowboarding is for people with tiny tiny handlebars and penises to match.

I don't have tiny handlebars... nor do I have a penis.

But I do like snowboarding. Mostly because when I try to ski on any surface my right ski seems to quickly develop an interest in botany and head off to inspect a tree. :oops:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited October 2008
    biondino wrote:

Is that what they call it these days.... :roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    edited October 2008
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear...I said yet...

I had to resist the impulse buy twinge at lunch time after I spent 20 minutes gazing at lurvly expensive bikes :-) Thoroughly spoilt for choice between the Bianchis, Colnagos, Planet Xs and Pinarellos! I did quite like the kids Bianchi racer tho, I could just imagine my eldest sitting astride it :-D

I really shouldn't go back there until I get a divorce or win the lottery, it's just torture!

EDIT: Correct silly typo!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jen J
    I don't have tiny handlebars... nor do I have a penis.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear...I said yet...

It's over. You may as well just go out now and get a wii and a telly.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear...I said yet...

It's over. You may as well just go out now and get a wii and a telly.

I wee'd on my telly once...it blew up...what? :shock:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • nor do I have a penis.

I'm sure Don_Don will let you use his. :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear...I said yet...

I had to resist the impulse buy twinge at lunch time after I spent 20 minutes gazing at lurvly expensive bikes :-) Thoroughly spoilt for choice between the Bianchis, Colnagos, Planet Xs and Pinarellos! I did quite like the kids Bianchi racer tho, I could just imagine my eldest sitting astride it :-D

I really shouldn't go back there until I get a divorce or win the lottery, it's just torture!

Where did you go to see these wonders?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Jen J
    Greg66 wrote:
    nor do I have a penis.

:shock:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg66 wrote:
    nor do I have a penis.

:lol:

Snowboarders = Gays on Trays.
  • Jen J
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear...I said yet...

If you wouldn't mind going back and buying one of the afore-mentioned beauties, then I will feel no guilt at buying a Wii and TV.

Please?
    Madone

It's all about me...