check out my ride....

Comments

• DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Really ought to put a pic of my KG241 on here some time soon - the red tyres don't seem to look so bad after all against the yellow/blue/green paint job of the frame. Though it does look a bit of a museum piece (Campag 9sp transmission, quill stem, 1" threaded external headset, old-style bonded Look frame, steel fork column, square taper BB, etc., etc.) against some of the machines already featured!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Ok, how to you get a pic in? Is it with url tags with a photo website link between or can I put one from PC?
    I will put my new track bike on when I take pic :D
  • sibx
    sibx Posts: 102
    Ok, how to you get a pic in? Is it with url tags with a photo website link between or can I put one from PC?
    I will put my new track bike on when I take pic :D

I made a little guide if its any help to you? Click the link below to go to it.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#14842499
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    That's a mighty purdy bike Laga, do you ever take her out? :wink:
    Only had it since Saturday, but yes, weather permitting, she's allowed out. :lol:
  • Compton77
    Compton77 Posts: 139
    Here's my newish ride, need to clean the tape. It's going in for it's first service and second steerer cut next week.

Cervelo.jpg[img][/img]
  • Compton77
    I'll try again..

Cervelo.jpg
  • muz250
    muz250 Posts: 95
    edited June 2008
    ok hope this works if so its my Trek 1.5.

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    That Cervelo looks good, is that the RS or the R3?

Your white bar tape on it looks like it could do with a clean though
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Compton77 - FAIL - you took the picture of the wrong side of the bike :wink:

Nice bike though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    JC.152 wrote:

Your white bar tape on it looks like it could do with a clean though

I am pretty sure that is the RS. i have just bought one - very similar to the one in the pic.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    Your Cervelo photo misses out the main talking point of the R3/RS ,the pencil thin seatstays.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    JC.152 wrote:
    Your Cervelo photo misses out the main talking point of the R3/RS ,the pencil thin seatstays.

I can see them.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Abingdon77
    Abingdon77 Posts: 56
    If this works, all thanks goes to sibx for your detailed notes on the process!

amrcastleride064ar5.jpg
  • sibx
    Abingdon77 wrote:
    If this works, all thanks goes to sibx for your detailed notes on the process!

Why thank you :)

Nice bike also. What bottle cages are they?
  • Abingdon77
    Abingdon77 Posts: 56
    Cheers Si.

The cages are Moro d'Elite and do the job nicely.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360035637&n=Elite%20Moro%20D%20Elite%20Carbon%20Fibre%20Bottle%20Cage

Just had a look on your blog and will keep an eye on it to see how the Dura-Ace wheelset work out. Toying with the idea of an upgrade and they're on the shortlist.
  • sibx
    Abingdon77 wrote:
    Cheers Si.

The cages are Moro d'Elite and do the job nicely.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360035637&n=Elite%20Moro%20D%20Elite%20Carbon%20Fibre%20Bottle%20Cage

Just had a look on your blog and will keep an eye on it to see how the Dura-Ace wheelset work out. Toying with the idea of an upgrade and they're on the shortlist.

Thanks. I'm just waiting on a lockring tool so I can fit a cassette to the rear wheel, then I'll have a quick spin on them and post some thoughts. It took me ages to decide on which wheels to go for so I'm hoping I made the right choice!!
  • Compton77

It's an RS size 54. I realised after i'd posted the picks that i'd taken the pic from the wrong side, shame on me! The group is Centaur Carbon Compact. As for the tape, i know it needs a good scrub i'd just got back from riding London to Brighton (unofficial!) so it was a little grubby..
  • pedlad
    pedlad Posts: 127
    Not as flash as some of the kit on show in this thread but I'm quite pleased with the result of the upgrades to my sequoia elite

p6161598hy7.jpg
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Lagavulin

Nothing wrong with a lot of white, but your bar tape is going grey already :cry: - get some white Fizik tape and it stops white for ages.
    That's after only four rides and with brand spanking new mitts as well. :(

wait till your chain comes off and you have to ride home with oil on your hands
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Lagavulin

Nothing wrong with a lot of white, but your bar tape is going grey already :cry: - get some white Fizik tape and it stops white for ages.
    That's after only four rides and with brand spanking new mitts as well. :(

wait till your chain comes off and you have to ride home with oil on your hands
    I read in a thread you've been having a spot of bother with your Wilier/Centaur, yes? That got my attention. Shifting has been faultless so far on both my Racings 3s and DT1850s. I had to wait the best part of 9 weeks from ordering but so far I'm over the moon for it. I just hope I haven't rendered the front bottle boss unusable.
  • Keanocp
    Keanocp Posts: 60
    My 06 Specialized Roubaix Comp

image063oo3.jpg

Now with Shimano RS20 wheels, Michelin Krylion tyres, Toupe saddle, Look Keo Carbon pedals, FSA Wing Pro Compact bars and FSA OS-99 stem.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    A little break from the normal road bike, my new TT weapon.....

314962431_6Pzf9-L.jpg
  • sibx
    That is quite immense, Mog!

Just took a new photo of my Focus now I have the new Dura-Ace wheels on.

dscf1329qb3.jpg
  • mr-ed
    mr-ed Posts: 130
    ^^^ are those the 1380s? How do you like them?
  • sibx
    Indeed they are Mr-Ed!

Full comments to come once I've actually ridden them :lol:

The wind is pretty bad out there today so I chose the wrong day to finish fitting them. Once it settles down I'll have a good ride out on them and post my thoughts. A virus decided to rob me of my fitness this year otherwise I would have braved the elements today!
  • mr-ed
    mr-ed Posts: 130
    Thats no fun! Defiantly post your thoughts up once you've had some rides, they look really good!
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    Here's my Etape steed, in dedicated Etape spec. I wish it was about the bike....!

Frameset & forks - Specialized s-Works Roubaix 2006
    Groupset - Ultegra SL (incl. pedals)
    Chainset - FSA Carbon Pro Elite Compact 48/34
    Cassette - Marchisio Aviotek custom 13-28 (lots of low gears to help find that perfect climbing cadence)
    Bars - Cinelli Ram
    Ergomo powermeter
    Wheels - Shimano Dura Ace WH-7850 Carbon Clincher
    Tyres - Michelin Pro3 Race
    Seatpost - Specialized s-Works Pave SL
    Saddle - Fizik Aliante Carbon
    Bottle Cages - Specialized Rib Cage Pro Road
    7.8kg as pictured

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hi, I shop at Wiggle:

2568056649_5fce8b857e.jpg
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    NB bare eggbeaters :)
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Ok so it's not *quite* finished (need to sort the bartape, chain and gears) but I can't resist posting these:

2605348034_9e967bc71f.jpg

2604517067_05420e5d10.jpg

2605346428_4599a1443b.jpg

I am BUSTING to ride it!! :shock:
This discussion has been closed.