check out my ride....

Comments

• jonancat
    jonancat Posts: 15
    Markos1963 / Donaldinho

I am very happy with the ride, it's certainly a lot more comfy than my other bike (Cannondale CAAD5 alu frame), but you would expect that.

I don't race & I am not planning too either. I wanted a frame that was going to be comfortable for 4+ hour rides. The guy in the LBS (Longstaffs) was very helpful, excellent in fact, & we specced up the bike to suit my requirements. I could afford & preferred the paint job on the Opal, but the guy in the shop, Lance of all names, persuaded me the Onix would be better, the Opal is for full on racers.

I do have 105 on the winter bike, and intended to go for Ultegra on this bike, but I got a good deal on the Dura-Ace group so went for it.

The wheels help also & I don't feel so beat up after a long ride.

I did go over my budget on this bike & I have since spent a lot of cash on buying Etxeondo clothing in orange!!!

Markos1963 - I do like the silver 'O's on your ride, is it the 2008 model?

Cheers
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    jonancat wrote:
    Markos1963 / Donaldinho

I am very happy with the ride, it's certainly a lot more comfy than my other bike (Cannondale CAAD5 alu frame), but you would expect that.

I don't race & I am not planning too either. I wanted a frame that was going to be comfortable for 4+ hour rides. The guy in the LBS (Longstaffs) was very helpful, excellent in fact, & we specced up the bike to suit my requirements. I could afford & preferred the paint job on the Opal, but the guy in the shop, Lance of all names, persuaded me the Onix would be better, the Opal is for full on racers.

I do have 105 on the winter bike, and intended to go for Ultegra on this bike, but I got a good deal on the Dura-Ace group so went for it.

I did go over my budget on this bike & I have since spent a lot of cash on buying Etxeondo clothing in orange!!!

Cheers

Like you I hadn't planned on an Onix(weren't even planning on an Orbea!) as my budget was only 800, but my LBS had this at 750 as it was used for a magazine test. The bike was perfect mechanically, with no scratches and had been treated to new tyres and bar tape. I am not sure on which year model it is but I think its a 2007 as it has whr550 wheels which are now discontinued but it has 10speed 105. I love the colours as its neutral and I can add or wear any colour that takes my fancy. I agree about the ride quality, I was quite suprised by how fresh I feel after a ride. I am definatly a carbon convert now.
  • Calvia
    Calvia Posts: 17
    This is my Orbea!

ssl21735ip1.jpg
  • JonEdwards
    JonEdwards Posts: 452
    Santa Cruz Roadster - definitely an MTBers roadbike :lol:

ylvey6.jpg
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Calvia wrote:
    This is my Orbea!

ssl21735ip1.jpg

Nice - i like Orbeas(My training bike is the Vitesse). Yours looks the biz, is it an Opal?
    Brian B.
  • donaldinho
    donaldinho Posts: 103
    markos1963 wrote:
    jonancat wrote:
    Markos1963 / Donaldinho

Cheers

Like you I hadn't planned on an Onix(weren't even planning on an Orbea!) as my budget was only 800, but my LBS had this at 750 as it was used for a magazine test. The bike was perfect mechanically, with no scratches and had been treated to new tyres and bar tape. I am not sure on which year model it is but I think its a 2007 as it has whr550 wheels which are now discontinued but it has 10speed 105. I love the colours as its neutral and I can add or wear any colour that takes my fancy. I agree about the ride quality, I was quite suprised by how fresh I feel after a ride. I am definatly a carbon convert now.

Jonancat — I really like the orange paintwork, I was worried wouldn't be able to find kit to match if I got it though! I saw one like yours go past the other day, looked amazing in the flesh/carbon!

Markos — your silver paintwork is cool!

Calvia — Yours looks great too… are you named after Calvia in Mallorca?

I'm loving my new Onix, looking forward to getting in some longer rides now the weather has turned for the better!
  • Skindog
    Skindog Posts: 26
    First road bike i've ever owned and totally in love with her :wink:

bikecz6.jpg
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    2345139793_e998c548c4.jpg

My custom made Bertoletti in titanium. I've just bought some new white bar tape, which will be going on this weekend.
    My Ribble Custom Build

IMGP2738.jpg

My girlfriends recently upgraded Giant SCR, NOt my colour choices!!

IMGP2737.jpg
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Thought I'd add mine for all you Focus fans...

Focus.jpg
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    DSCF1207.jpg

My new Roubaix Elite. Just done my first 25 miles on it and I bloody love it!!!!!
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    I'm just waiting for a few more bits....

P5170858.jpg
    Paul
  • This is my new toy.

If only to check how to post photo's to a post.

Madone522008Reduced.jpg
  • y tin
    y tin Posts: 102
    heres one of mine....for the steel frame buffs....
    P1010008-1.jpg
    >^..^<
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    On the subject of steel, heres my winter hack/commuter. Love it to bits, only 30 quid from ebay :)
    dscf0076tl5.jpg
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Sportive spec

IMG_7464.jpg

Bike tart spec :wink:

IMG_7462.jpg

Rich
  • campagsarge
    campagsarge Posts: 434
    Nice chrome on the Bianchi NFMOAB!
  • tomashford
    tomashford Posts: 27
    My new Focus Cayo Pro 2008 :D

dscf1044um5iu5.jpg
  • Damn, that bike looks nice. How many miles has it done in the pic? The rear mech looks clean as a whistle!
  • campagsarge
    Looks like a SRAM groupset, how you getting on with it Tomashford?
  • tomashford
    Thanks! Only done about 20 miles when the pic was taken.

Yes, it's Sram Force. I can only compare it to Shimano Tiagra though, and compared to that it is a much better ride! The frame feels very stiff and the feel of the bike just feels great.

I've been out on it a couple of times, but not as much as I would like to because of my exams.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    tomashford - nice bike, I passed one of those the other day and slowed and chatted with the bloke riding it and he was really impressed with it and I must admit they look pretty special in the flesh so to speak.

Oh and sort the garden out, your lawn needs cutting and the wall could do with a lick of paint too. :wink:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • tomashford
    Yep, it does look pretty special in the flesh! It looks alot nicer than on the pic on Wiggle.

Oh, and about the grass, my dad's fault, he couldn't be bothered getting the strimmer out to cut the edges :roll:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    That should have been my bike, but they sold out :( Going for a Cayo Expert (Dura-ace compact) with Fulcrum Racing 3s - I'm sure I'll show it off at some point :)
  • campagsarge
    Aye but after your exams thomashford, you will have a whole summer ahead of you to ride you legs off , you lucky b*gger!
  • sibx
    sibx Posts: 102
    Some very nice bikes in here!

Will post mine once the sun comes back out! :)
  • rohloff-rich
    rohloff-rich Posts: 232
    sibx wrote:
    Some very nice bikes in here!

Will post mine once the sun comes back out! :)
    And I'll post mine once it's built! :lol: :roll:
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    Only spotted this topic today so I thought I'd put my bike up, but I think it gets beat easily by that white Focus but its good enough for me, in road races, time trials and training in summer so its pretty much does everything.

Its still almost as I got it put I do have plans to put a proper chainset on it and maybe improve it with some white and carbon

[/img]http://www.avatarimage.net/imagehosting/viewer.php?file=63brqlk6exqxv0pkj7qx.jpg
This discussion has been closed.