check out my ride....

Comments

• JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    Only spotted this topic today so I thought I'd put my bike up, but I think it gets beat easily by that white Focus but its good enough for me, in road races, time trials and training in summer so its pretty much does everything.

Its still almost as I got it put I do have plans to put a proper chainset on it and maybe improve it with some white and carbon

[/img]http://www.avatarimage.net/imagehosting/viewer.php?file=63brqlk6exqxv0pkj7qx.jpg[img][/img]
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    how do i upload my photo to this site :?
    cheesy quaver
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    st68 wrote:
    how do i upload my photo to this site :?

www.imageshack.us
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sibx
    sibx Posts: 102
    Go to a website such as www.imageshack.us

On this particular website you will see these kind of options:
    65839815mr9.jpg

First, click the Browse button. From there, find the picture on your computer. Once you have done that, you can choose to resize the image if you like. In my example above I chose to resize it to 640x480 but its entirely up to you. All this does is shrink down the image a little bit, which is handy if your picture is quite large.

After, press the 'host it' button. After a few seconds, you should see that your picture has been uploaded. What you need to do now is scroll down to the bottom and you should see these options:
    25471816bq1.jpg

What you need to do is copy the address next to the bottom option, the one which says 'direct link to image'.

Now, come back to these forums and start a new post or continue editing one if you already started. What you need to do is click the 'Img' button above the text box where you enter your message. It will insert a start tag in square brackets. Now paste in the address that you copied from the imageshack.us website, and finally press the 'Img' button again, this will close the tag.

Once you've done all that, it should look like this:
    [img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7868/25471816bq1.jpg[/img]

Now when you post your message, it should include your picture!!

Hope this helps for some people :)
  • st68
    cheesy quaver
  • st68
    man i am a numptee with computers prefer fixing me bike keep tryin
    cheesy quaver
  • st68
    imageyn0.th.jpg
    cheesy quaver
  • sibx
    st68 wrote:
    imageyn0.jpg

Nearly there. If you want to edit one of your posts, use this code:
    [img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4818/imageyn0.jpg[/img]

• st68
    cheers my old bike heres the new oneimage000copyjz8.jpg
    cheesy quaver
  • st68
    nice ride but not sure about shimano yet cheers got it at last :lol:
    cheesy quaver
  • sibx
    No problem. Nice bikes :)
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Picture720.jpg
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    I hope this picture works this time, last night i posted 2 messages both with no bike on.

p6070047kg9.jpg
  • st68
    image0001zq9.jpg thought better make the picture bigger
    cheesy quaver
  • st68
    and this one thats it thenimagefz4.jpg
    cheesy quaver
  • sibx
    Here is my Ribble Winter bike that I received today:

dscf1275qv3.jpg

And here is my Focus Cayo Expert:

dscf1276di9.jpg

Hoping to have my nice shiny Dura-Ace 7850 wheels on soon :D

I've got full details of my bikes on a page of my blog. If you want you can check it all here.
  • redddraggon
    sibx wrote:
    Here is my Ribble Winter bike that I received today:

dscf1275qv3.jpg

You must be really tall, like 7ft, the headtube on my ribble winter frame is tiny compared to that.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sibx
    Its a 60cm frame. I'm 6'1" but I have stupidly long legs for my height (measured at 37.5" inside leg) and equally long arms.

The Focus is also a 60cm frame but look at the difference in how much seat post I have to have showing on it. I tend to get a bit of back ache on 100 mile rides because of it :(
  • sibx
    Wow, I just checked the pic of your Ribble bike and you are right. That is an amazing difference :shock:

What size frame is it?
  • redddraggon
    sibx wrote:
    Wow, I just checked the pic of your Ribble bike and you are right. That is an amazing difference :shock:

What size frame is it?

It's a 50cm, I reckon the 55cm top tube is slightly too long though, but I'm only 5'8 (ish).
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sibx
    Ahh so thats where the huge difference comes in then. I was starting to worry that my bike was in fact some kind of monstrosity :wink:

The top tube is definitely long compared to other models though. I didn't feel as stretched out on my Focus.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Frustration itself:

2571591032_e90b4f3295.jpg

I'm in London with this lot, my tools are in Worthing :cry:

Oh, and the seatpost is only that high because it's not inserted properly, and the wheels are coming soon (hopefully!) 8)
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Can't see the name on the tubing mate, Enigma or Planet X or something else?
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Omega Enigma is the frame - second hand off of here, and LUSH! 8)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    edited June 2008
    Too much white? The more I look at it the more I think of putting my red Vreds on it. :?

izoard_120608.jpg

Just needs the stem flipped back to neutral and if the front bottle boss can be fixed another Centaur cage adding.
  • redddraggon
    Lagavulin

Nothing wrong with a lot of white, but your bar tape is going grey already :cry: - get some white Fizik tape and it stops white for ages.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Lagavulin
    edited June 2008
    Lagavulin

Nothing wrong with a lot of white, but your bar tape is going grey already :cry: - get some white Fizik tape and it stops white for ages.
    That's after only four rides and with brand spanking new mitts as well. :(
  • sibx
    I was tempted to get white tape on my Focus but I'm not really sure if it would go hehe. Or red, but I think that might be too tacky. Thoughts? Pic is a few posts up.
  • Lagavulin
    sibx wrote:
    I was tempted to get white tape on my Focus but I'm not really sure if it would go hehe. Or red, but I think that might be too tacky. Thoughts?
    If you can get the correct shade of red I think it might be rather good.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    That's a mighty purdy bike Laga, do you ever take her out? :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
This discussion has been closed.