Which is?
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    RussAlf wrote:
    Which is?
    Very expensive :roll:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Yes but what is it? Is it a full sus frame to help you on your way home from work? ;)

P.S - i still feel the rage every time i see that damn yoghurt pic :twisted:
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Yes but what is it? Is it a full sus frame to help you on your way home from work? ;)

Why didn't i say i did it on a secret 20 foot drop off in Blean!!!

Unfortunately it is not a full suss frame, that was going to be the next extortionate upgrade but this is the last bit that needed replacing after i buggered it through jet washing :x People, don't do it! I'll post a pic later :)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    So you bugger something up with pressure washing? bearing related then, headset? front/rear hub? BB? you wont be wanting to have a go on my dirtworker tomorrow then.
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:

I can still taste it now.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Jon i have the 661 kylie strait knee pads and i pretty much wear them on every ride now, they really are very good and dont restrict movement at all.

Cheers Russ, brought meself a pair of them now. I cant make out if the Earth ones are the same but just a different colour.. Either way I went for black ones for £30

Abit like Andy really, cant afford to bugger up my knee again...
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :evil: bloody english weather :x

had to put blean off for a week or two :( due to my new helmet not fitting :cry: and also my near treadless back tyre :shock: looks like a know what next months pay checks going on :P do you guys ride with normal or full face ?

anyways did anyone get out for a ride in the rain :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • RussAlf
    stevet1992 wrote:

had to put blean off for a week or two :( due to my new helmet not fitting :cry: and also my near treadless back tyre :shock: looks like a know what next months pay checks going on :P do you guys ride with normal or full face ?

Normal helmet, a full face is a bit much for general xc. I wouldnt mind getting one for some of the more extreme stuff.

I was working all day today, off out riding the next 3 days though.
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

Normal helmet, a full face is a bit much for general xc. I wouldnt mind getting one for some of the more extreme stuff.

I was working all day today, off out riding the next 3 days though.

coool

have fun riding the next 3 days then :D

seeing as the weather seems to be alright :shock: touch wood is there any place reasonably close to ashford (dont mind getting a train) for a blast round on my own (guy i usually ride with has to work :( )?

not to insane though cause of the helmet business :twisted:

• RussAlf
    You have Challock/Chilham and Kingswood which is just north of ashford which i have heard has some ok riding. Ive just made you a map so print this off and go exploring!

Click on the link below and then click on "Get Original Uploaded Photo" which is below the picture this will make the map bigger so you can print it off.

http://public.fotki.com/russalford/mountain-biking/mtb-maps/ashford.html

Hope this helps
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    You have Challock/Chilham and Kingswood which is just north of ashford which i have heard has some ok riding. Ive just made you a map so print this off and go exploring!

Click on the link below and then click on "Get Original Uploaded Photo" which is below the picture this will make the map bigger so you can print it off.

http://public.fotki.com/russalford/mountain-biking/mtb-maps/ashford.html

Hope this helps

ok cheers for that hopefully it wont be a muddy bog down there :P

• pittpony
    Some bits of Kings Wood get quite muddy in the winter but it'd be worth checking out. Mostly bridleways there - not much singletrack to get lost on
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Which is?

Is it Bling Bling Stabilisers? so you dont fall of on the way home from work?..... :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    Maybe a Tricycle conversion?
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    deadpool2e wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    Which is?

Is it Bling Bling Stabilisers? so you dont fall of on the way home from work?..... :D
    £117 for stabilizersAndy :shock:
    andysbling.jpgClick for details :wink:
  • andyturner28
    Haaa your all a bunch of comedians. The suspence is obviousely killing you :)
    pbpic2626886.jpgCan you tell what it is yet?
  • stevet1992
    Haaa your all a bunch of comedians. The suspence is obviousely killing you :)
    pbpic2626886.jpgCan you tell what it is yet?

:shock: The saddle its its soo highhhh :shock: :lol:

• RussAlf
    Chris King Headset.

I see you still have that contraption chain sucking device one there, bring your work bench with you tomorrow so we can fix it when it goes wrong :lol:

p.s your saddle does look stupidly high? are you a roadie in disguise?
  • pittpony
    Yep - second the headset. Thought it might be that as i remember you asking Mark about his :)

Andy's saddle is high because he has long gangly legs. I only say they're gangly because i'm jealous with my short stumpy legs ;)

Anyway - night ride this week anyone?? Monday or Wednesday are good for me
  • andyturner28
    edited October 2008
    What he^ said about the legs. It's not my fault, i was born with them :) I could have gone up a frame size, but i wanted it small for the massive standover clearence. The saddle isn't THAT high anyway, i have seen others much higher. It's only a 350mm long seatpost.

pbpic2627076.jpgCorrectamondo on the Chris King goodness. The old one was so knackered it was dangerouse and i decided only this time last nght to get it changed, and Downlands were able to fit it today! If i had asked Herberts to do it i would be without a bike for a week :roll: I know it was BLOODY expensive, but it has a 10 year warrenty, so is one less thing to worry about replacing every 5 minuits.

Nick, as usual i am good any evening, but Wednesday is better for me this week as i am riding with Russ tomorrow.
  • pittpony
    Nick, as usual i am good any evening, and you will be glad to know i am a lot quicker than last Wednesday now :)
    Good good. Ade - will you be able to join us? Any preference on which day? Wednesday is probably better for me
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    Good good. Ade - will you be able to join us? Any preference on which day? Wednesday is probably better for me
    At the moment I've contracted acute viral nasopharyngitis :cry: and due to this I am currently unable to lift a finger and am being waited on hand-and-foot by the missus. I hope I'll pull-through by Wednesday but there's a risk that I'll "do an Andy" and need to be carried back to the car while whittering random excuses.
    I'll let you know Tuesday or Wednesday a.m. wether I'll be up for a ride.
  • pittpony
    Sounds life threatening Ade ;) Hope you pull through in time for Wednesday!
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    DSC00739-vi.jpg

SLX Goodnesss
    Do you know if that bash will work with a 38 tooth middle ring? I don't like mine and there are very few 38's about. And yes i will be bringing my BB tool tomorrow, it hasn't done it since i removed the BB spacer from the driveside though, must have been chainline related.

So is 10:13 at Sevenoaks good for you tomorrow? Will we be passing that shop in the village we stoped at last time? Just debating weather to bring any food with me.
  • RussAlf
    Yeah i think it would take a 38t ring, there is clearence with the 36t.

10:13 is good and yeah ill want to stop at the shop anyway.
  • pittpony
    Have a good ride tomorrow guys and take some pics :D I'm green with envy!!
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Yeah i think it would take a 38t ring, there is clearence with the 36t.

10:13 is good and yeah ill want to stop at the shop anyway.
    Cool 8) I'll text you when i am on the train. See you tomorrow.
  • stevet1992
    cheers for suggesting challock russ ( if that is your name :roll: :lol: )

had a great time
    big cut down my leg though took a muddy part to fast :twisted: :lol:

• impished
    stevet1992 wrote:
    cheers for suggesting challock russ ( if that is your name :roll: :lol: )

had a great time
    big cut down my leg though took a muddy part to fast :twisted: :lol:
    Don't forget to pick the scab so you get a decent scar :twisted: